Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why it is important to first focus on pushing knees to little toe in the beginning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why it is important to first focus on pushing knees to little toe in the beginning

Hi everyone...

I just wanted to share my reasons WHY it is important to FIRST focus on just pushing your knees out towards your little toes in the beginning regardless of your fitness level.

Knee issues are very, very common due to a multitude of reasons first and foremost from muscle imbalance. Many people have one or two quadricep muscles stronger than the other two which results in unequal tension upon the knee joint area. Compound this situation with poor posture habits (ie: standing with your weight on one leg and with your foot turned out and/or walking like a "duck") creates pronation and unequal activation at knee and ankle attachments.....because of this, most people have tendon and ligament issues where the inside of their knees are too "tight" and the outside of their knees are weaker with less neuro-kinetic transmission. I've seen this with advanced level athletes so fitness level is NOT a factor!

Therefore, in the beginning it is important that you push your knees out towards your little toes so you can help your body help itself regain muscle strength on the outside of your knee at the same time establish better flexibility on the inside of your knee. No weight should be on the ball joint of your big toe AT ALL. In fact, it might be a little bit off the floor.

Once you are able to push your knees past your little toes, THEN you can focus on pressing the ball joint of your big toe down (but do NOT lift your big toe...keep it "relaxed"). This will stabilize your ankle and intensify neuro-kinetic connections for optimal results. When first applying this technique you will notice that your knees will not be able to go as far out to the little toe and some might that see their knees can only reach to their middle (3rd) toe. Continue this technique until your muscles and the muscle attachments to your knee rebuild even greater strength and flexibility to the point that they are able to reach to your little toes and/or past your little toes...THEN you can proceed to the ultimate neuro-kinetic intensity which is not only pressing the ball joint of your big toe but also lifting your big toe. When doing this you should feel even greater muscle activation in the arch of your foot, as well as greater muscle activation between your soleus and gastrocnemium muscles (in your calf). I used to use this technique to help models slim "thick" ankles while working in the modeling industry with great success.

Then if you want even greater slimming of the upper thigh (both inner and outer)....all you have to do is retuck (first establish T-Tapp stance with tuck only, then retuck) your butt adding additional emphasis on pressing your lower back flat and add a "turn out" from your hips. You should immediately feel the intensity all the way down.

BUT don't add the retuck until you are able to press your ball joint down with your knees out in alignment with your little toes.

Hope this clarifies HOW and WHY I do not advise pressing ball joint down in the beginning. The T-Tapp Trainers have the ability to access WHEN you can because they can SEE your body in action. For some this can be right away for others it might take as long as 6 - 9 months. It all depends on YOUR starting knee position.

WHY? Because if you don't allow your knees to progressively develop muscles with strength and flexibility, you can create a menicus tear and/or an ACL issue!

Best wishes to all,

Teresa
    06-29-2006, 05:15 PM

Working...
X