Strange but harmless - capitalization automatically changed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange but harmless - capitalization automatically changed

This hardly seems worth mentioning because it's so minor, but it's weird and I thought I'd mention the workaround. I know I'm not the only person who pre-populates my Habit Formers post with the days of the week.

I usually just use the initial letter of each day: M, T, W, T, F, S, S.

Whenever I'd try to begin each line of my pre-populated, workout-less Habit Formers post with a different letter, like this...

M
    T
    W
    T
    F
    S
    S

...the forum software would automatically change my capitalization so that everything was lower case except M, like this:

M
    t
    w
    t
    f
    s
    s

Once I started adding my workouts (usually a combination of upper and lower case), everything would be fine. So it wasn't really a problem. Still, it bugged me not to be able to use a template post that looked the way I wanted it. I tried tricking it with spaces and dashes, saving each edit separately. I'd get to the point where all but one day initial was properly capitalized. Then, as soon as I edited the last one, everything but M would revert right back to lower case.

I guessed that the software needs a combination of upper-and lower-case text in order to preserve end-users' capitalization. So my workaround is to include some other text with both upper- and lower-case. Just now I added a dummy sentence ("some placeholder text to make the capitalization stick") at the bottom of my template post. I'll remove the dummy sentence as soon as I start adding real workouts.

Oh that bothers me, too. My workaround was to add ':'.

M:
    T:
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• loosestrife
      loosestrife commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, interesting. I wonder why that worked when dashes didn't. I might play with it a little more sometime when I'm bored.

• GreenGem
      GreenGem commented
      Editing a comment
      That was fun... uhm, but nope, I could not figure out the pattern. P.S. I am on bed rest, perfect time to play around with this type of stuff, lol.
      Last edited by GreenGem; 02-10-2020, 03:20 PM.

M-
    t -
    w:
    T :
    F[
    s*
    s+

m=
    t\
    w<
    t.
    F,
    s?
    S'
    Last edited by GreenGem; 02-10-2020, 03:18 PM.
    As I always say, T-Tapp is God-Given and God Guided. I am honored to have the opportunity to share what's been gifted to me. There is so much more woven within each of the T-Tapp exercise and special sequences within the workouts than just a means to lose inches and look good......So good luck....just do your personal best and you WILL continue to repair/rebuild from the inside out and your body will continue to look, feel and FUNCTION better too. - Teresa (April 12, 2018)

Comment

• loosestrife
      loosestrife commented
      Editing a comment
      How weird! Well then, henceforth I guess it'll be colons instead of dashes. Thanks, GreenGem!

M
    t
    w
    e
    t
    f
    s
    s
    Lisa. 47 years old.
    Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
    T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
    MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Soliloquy72
      Soliloquy72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird! I've never done the initials so I didn't know it did this.

Technology is so maddening sometimes! My phone now puts periods and capitalizes the next word even mid-sentence when voice typing! Not sure what's up with that!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Indiana, certified in all workouts!

From a 22W to an 8!

Comment

M
      T
      W
      T
      F
      S
      S

Dummy place holder sentence.
      ???
      Lisa. 47 years old.
      Homeschooling 4 great kids and surprise toddler #5.
      T-Tapping since 2010, consistent since 2015!

I got to meet and workout with Teresa in 2014. I am forever grateful to her and will never forget her.

My Instagram https://www.instagram.com/soliloquy72/
      MyFitnessPal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/soliloquy72

Comment

• Soliloquy72
        Soliloquy72 commented
        Editing a comment
        It worked but it put in those question marks!!! Lol
    Working...
    X