The Fitness Retreat & Beauty Tips
May 10, 1999
Whew, what a weekend! The Fitness Retreat May 6th-9th at the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa was a great success. We had women from Vermont, Indiana, Illinois, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California and Florida. It was great having reader/models Margie Hoffman and Connie Tindall come. Having them there to share their success stories helped keep motivation high. Congratulations to both for looking so good and maintaining their new bodies. In fact, Connie (age 49 and 5’11”) is even smaller - she now wears a size 6 and told everyone that her waist is the same size it was when she was 20 years old before giving birth to two children! Seeing is believing when we all witnessed how tight (and cellulite free) her skin is. For those who might not have read her story in the April issue of Women’s Fitness, Connie went from size 16 to size 8 in 5 months and reversed a prolapsed uterus in 30 days. She did this while on hormonal replacement therapy. After 5 months she quit hormonal replacement therapy and no longer had hot flashes after 6 weeks. (She credits the Premium Blended Alfalfa.) It’s now been one year and she is size 6, healthy and strong and only takes the Premium Blended Alfalfa (4 per day), brushes every day, and does the Intermediate Level and Hit the Floor workout back to back two times a week. Margie Hoffman (age 48 and 5’5”) went from size 14 to size 6 in 4 months and now a year later has maintained her cellulite free skin. She hasn’t been working out the past 5 weeks since her fiancé had a heart attack, but does brush every day. She doesn’t take the Premium Blended Alfalfa or Fibertox anymore, but she loves the Pyruvyl Glycine spray (she calls it the carbohydrate cheat spray - she loves her carbs!). She credits the Pyruvyl Glycine spray for helping her maintain her weight while stress eating and not working out.
Since I just witnessed several varieties of form at the fitness retreat, I want to re-emphasize the importance of the knee to little toe for successful inch loss (especially when moving away from gravity). It is easier to push out the knees as you do a Plie or Lunge downward (like going downhill vs. uphill), but think extra hard to push outward as you Plie or Lunge back up. Same when you do the lateral leg raises, push right knee outward each and every time you lift left leg lateral and also back.
Another tip is that after initially doing the T-Tapp Workout and CRT Skin Tightening System you might notice excessive body odor. This is the release of excessive toxins from within the body. The T-Tapp Total System works the lymphatic system and the lymph system removes toxins. Its one of the reasons why the T-Tapp Workout gets results so much faster than any other program it’s not just burning calories and fat.
It’s amazing how many tips you can get in a spa environment. I love how women share and just naturally bond. Here are some that might interest you.
1. Philosophy Lipstick the color “Vision” will give lips a rosy, but natural look with “wine” tint. Cost is $14.00 – call 888-263-9243 to order.
2. Cover Girl Soft Radiance Eye Pencil in color “Soft Sun Kissed” is perfect for making the whole eye area brighter, especially under the lower lashes. It counteracts the blue tones in dark circles. Cost is only $2.65.
3. N.V. Perricone M.D. Cosmeceuticals Concentrated Restorative Cream reverses and rejuvenates the skin on face. 1.86 ounces is $75.00 – call 800-723-2889 to order.
4. Fade age spots on back of hands with Esoterica, which is a gentle bleaching cream recommended by Dermatologists.
5. Always lubricate elbows since they don’t have any (or very few) oil glands - otherwise they can “age” you.
6. Fruit of the Earth Clear Aloe Gel is on special at Wal-Mart! $3.97 for 24 ounces. I covered this one in a previous tip, but thought you’d like to take advantage of the sale!
7. EVIAN Facial Mist is what all the models use and I was thrilled to see that the Safety Harbor Spa carries it! 5 ounces for $10.00. For a store near you call 800-365-3958.
8. Aromafloria Healing Spirits Body Oil Spray. 4 ounces for $18.00. This spray oil is so nice (no alcohol). It is made with Jojoba oil and St. Johns Wort Extract. Moisturize and de-stress all in one! Call 800-424-0034.
9. Olive Oil for everything! Hands, feet even around the eyes at night. Consuelo Cali of Cali Cosmetics says that it keeps crows feet away or delays their arrival for years. Nothing softens skin better.
Well, that’s all for now in the way of beauty tips. I’m on my way to Malibu, California to film a TV show called “Infinite Power Workout”. It’s a daily body building show on nationwide cable that covers fitness/nutrition for serious fitness buffs. They invited me to come explain why my cellulite system works so well and why the T-Tapp Workout gives additional “cuts” without weights. It is amazing that the T-Tapp Workout works for all regardless of age or fitness level. The show will air on May 30th.
Until next week…