Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Liposomal Vitamin C - Make it at home cheap

Level

Sometimes it is frustrating, Ayj, to deal with our spouses when they just won't see the "light" that we have about things!
    Jennifer
    Wife for 29 wonderful years
    Mom to 7 treasures--5 at home--ages 20, 18 (girls); 16 and 14 (boys); 13 (girl)
    Mamee to 3

T-Tapping since 2009

Level

Great results ayj. Thanks for sharing that! Too bad DH isn't on board. When I get rid of the ascorbic acid mixture (yuk, but I can get it down) and start making the rose hip mixture I am going to make DH take it!!

Level

I didn't want to make the liposomal C because I'm busy enough as it is. I ordered the LivOn brand from Amazon. However, my hubby is running out to get me a sonic jewelry cleaner and the ingredients (Sprouts has them yay!) so I can make it today. I have a nasty case of bronchitis. The antibiotics seem to have stopped the infection. No need for TMI details there. lol But the cough has become a dry, painful, hacking cough and I still can't sleep much at night. I am desperate. I'm dreading the nasty taste all of you have talked about. The Amazon reviews of LivOn said that one tastes bad too. PLEASE let this work!
    Heather
    Happy homeschooling mom to 2 amazing kids, 3 dogs and a parrot.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Level

Okay I made mine. It tastes bad but I downed it with a little bit of OJ and had a second cup of OJ waiting to wash it down. Didn't taste a thing really. Mine came out liquid, not thick like pudding. I used my stick blender to blend it.

I was confused about something. On one of the videos linked in this ginormous thread, the Aloha doctor guy from Hawaii only processed it for 6 minutes and did not blend. The other guy blended and then went half an hour. I did in the middle, about 15 minutes.

I took one teaspoon just to be sure I tolerate it. I did not have an empty stomach but I really didn't want to wait.
    Heather

Level

Sandsurf Girl,

Did you use rosehip or Vitamin C powder. Rosehip tastes good (in comparison to the vitamin C powder).

I am not sure what you mean by it does not blend well. The trick is use very hot water for the lecithin.

I am sure I mention use the blender to dry grind the lecithin pallet/balls into fine powder first, that take like 20 seconds. It is easily to blend 1 cup at a time for the optimal blender function if you are not using a food processor. One it is dry grounded you can just pour hot water into the blender and then blend for a mins. I don't every need to blend it for 15 mins. Once that is yellow liquid without clumps, you can put than in a jar to cool.

Then, if you use vitamin C, warm water in blender for 20-30 seconds is ok.

If you use rosehip powder, add kind of warm water. The hotter the water, the thicker it gets for rose hip, and I run it with the blender for less than 1 min. I normally just let the rosehip cool in the blender.

When I am ready to blend both, from an hours to 4 hours (whenever I remember), I will just add the lecithin (thinner) to the rosehip and run the blender again for 1 min.

I then ultrasound the blended mixtures. If you are not using ultrasound, you are done. Put it in a jar and put in the fridge.

I do not see how we need to blend for 15 mins. I counted less than 5 mins of blender all together, but there is like the waiting for the water to heat, and waiting for the solution to cool down. The waiting for the ultrasound to do its magic (if you don't untrasound, it is done much faster).

Lipo Vitamin C powder tastes horrible. I finally threw that batch away.
    Ordered More and TWO on 7/7/2010, Started tapping on 7/30/2010.
    2011 January 30 Day Jumpstart Less to Lose Category Winner.
    2012 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    2014 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

Level

I put the lipo C in ultrasound for 20-30 mins, depends on the mood, just walk by and hit the button again (I have a 10 mins cycle).

Level

No, I did not say blending for 15 minutes. I think you read my post too fast. LOL

There were two instructional video tapes that people put links to in this thread.

One of them was a Hawaiian chiropractor and the other was an older white guy.
    The Hawaiian guy did NOT blend his at all and only put it in the jewelry cleaner for 6 minutes.
    The other guy DID blend his and then put it in the jewelry cleaner for 30 minutes.

So the instructional videos were totally different from each other. Not sure which one to follow.

I blended mine briefly with my stick blender because I was too lazy to get out the Vitamix. Then I put it in the jewelry cleaner for 15 minutes.

Level

I wasn't able to get rose hips powder at the store and I do not want to wait because I am so sick.

Level

Oh, you will only get pudding or smoothie consistency with rosehip powder.

Yes, if you are sick, just do it with anything.

Take the vitamix out when you have more energy, it is easier to dry grind the lecithin before mixing in hot water. It is a much faster process with better dissolved lecithin solution.

When I watched the videos, I laughed, as those two guys obviously do not use the blender for another reasons. The way they mix things was like in a lab.

I used to grind up rolled oat to make baby oatmeal for my son. I also used grind up rolled oat (do it at home) for muffins instead of buying oat flour.

Level

I don't know if I'm imagining this but I am feeling better already. Still coughing but I do notice some improvement and in my energy level. Bronchitis is lame!
    Heather