Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Liposomal Vitamin C - Make it at home cheap

Level

About Lecithin, we are using Non-gmo soy lecithin, and the lecithin is normally not the problematic portion of the soy.

Since Mary Shomon (Thyroid and Adrenal guru) and Teresa (extremely health conscious) are both not worried about non-gmo soy lecithin; and Buffy and Trisch both have thyroid issue had no adverse effects with Lipo C for these 2 months, I will say, just watch for you own body's reaction.

There are sunflower lecithin powder you can try as an alternative to non-gmo soy lecithin.
    Ordered More and TWO on 7/7/2010, Started tapping on 7/30/2010.
    2011 January 30 Day Jumpstart Less to Lose Category Winner.
    2012 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    2014 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training

Level

I think I need to make Lipo C for the facial, yup, definitely on the lips too.

I just realized that I have not been drink cayenne for 3 months, not since I started Lipo C. I don't have that cold front headache, although I have the cold and flu headache for a few seconds for a few times over the last 3 months.

This Lipo C challenge is really easy to stick with, pun intended.

Level

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted or not, but it just came to my email box so I thought I'd share it here. Might be a good option for some folks who don't want to make it themselves for whatever reason. There's a lot of information about lip C from Dr. Mercola's perspective. I haven't read the entire article, but it looks interesting and he's usually very thorough.

http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-...0131&source=nl
    Peggy
    T1/T4

Started T-Tapp in July 2010 after searching for a good strengthening/stretching/flexibility workout. I think I found it!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

Level

Peggy, the Dr. Mercola came to my email last night too. I decide to buy some to try, it was not too expensive, but it is ascorbic acid.... For people who fear soy, Dr. Mercola's uses the organic sunflower lecithin.

I will leave at my computer bag, I hope no refrigeration needed. For the days that I have to commute, I might take a few in the afternoon and see if that makes a difference for fatigue. It will be handy for the days that I am on vacation or trips, no need to worry glass jars breaking and refrigerated.

However, I am still going to make my own homemade ones as my primary Lipo-C.

Level

Ayj, I hadn't thought about the convenience factor when traveling, etc. Good idea. I thought about getting some to try.
    Peggy
    T1/T4

Started T-Tapp in July 2010 after searching for a good strengthening/stretching/flexibility workout. I think I found it!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Level

Peggy, I found a 5% off coupon code on the internet. Order now, it is free shipping and you can do that 5% off (expires today 1/31/2013)...

PRM121351

Level

I went to the site to order some and it's out-of-stock and won't be available for a few weeks. I should have ordered it this morning when I saw it.
    Peggy
    T1/T4

Level

I have been doing bio-energetic consultations for almost 20 years. I work with the energy fields and it is fascinating how the body takes care of itself.

Our bodies talk and we should be listening! If you cannot "choke" something down, it is the body's way of saying, "Do NOT send that down here!!" In fact, this is a good way to gauge dosing for vitamins, etc. If a capsule or pill is getting stuck or dragging down your throat, consider that your body does not want the dose or the product at all.

In this case, it is very possible that there is a sensitivity to soy - not an uncommon thing - and the body is rejecting it. So, abandon ship! You do not need it or it does not agree with you.

By the way, the T-Tapp program tests very strongly when energy tested - meaning it agrees with the body. So does the Better Body Alfalfa. What a great thing to know. It does no harm - it just helps.
    Carol R.

Level

After making 1 single batch and 2 double batches, I've decided to do the baking soda test. Almost no foam, Yippee! Like many of you, I didn't want to waste it so I am using up the baking soda tested lipoC and I find it goes down better. I know somewhere here in the thread that it was mentioned that the baking soda is "almost a necessity", but I don't want to deter from the original recipe that everyone is having so much success with. I can tolerate the original with a tad bit of lemon to get it over the taste buds. I'm not sure I want to Liposome the baking soda, but adding a pinch when I am taking a dose, would that be a good alternative? Any thoughts, pro or con? I know it's a little late, but I finally got on the band wagon about 4 weeks ago. Thanks a bunch.
    Michelle

Mahomet (near Champaign-Urbana), Illinois
    Level

Michelle, some people intentionally add baking soda to their Lipo-C (before or after sonication) because they believe that the substance should be pH neutral to be accepted into the body/cells better. The encapsulation test at the end can ONLY be performed if you do NOT add baking soda at the beginning. Otherwise, your solution is already neutralized, and it will not foam due to this. Many people have great success with the pH neutral Lipo-C. I am on another group that delves very deeply into this process and discussed it with various types of experimentation. But on this group, many are using Rosehips and not buffering it. They are also finding success. However, in order to tell if encapsulation is occuring (or what percentage), you must perform the baking soda test. BTW, not all baking soda is created equally. Some is chemically produced, and other brands are mined and more pure. I prefer to use the mined brands, such as Bob's or Frontier Herbs, etc. It should say pure sodium of bi-carbonate if it is mined, but perhaps the other commercial brands can also state that, though they are chemically produced.

Carol H, some people are using sunflower lecithin vs. soy lecithin. If someone suspects that they are having trouble with soy, this is a good option. Also, if someone is wanting to avoid solvents, the organic liquid lecithin from Lekithos is the only option that I am aware of for this. Even their powdered lecithin or non-organic sunflower liquid lecithin are extracted with solvents. I know that I am more of a "purist," but if someone is looking to avoid chemicals as much as possible or soy, there are other options out there.

Ayj, I heard of Dr. Mercola's new product. Some were wondering if the sunflower lecithin was extracted with solvents. Do you know the answer to that...was it stated in his product description? I have not looked at it at all. I have been making my own with the organic liquid sunflower lecithin using a bench-top sonicator, with good success.

I apologize if I am asking questions or stating things that have already been covered in this thread. I have not totally caught up with reading all of it.
    Trainer Linda Osmond, IL - MASTER TRAINER FOR TOTAL, MORE & SENIOR FIT

Tapping since early 2010-- 60 lbs. lighter and over 75 inches away!

2010 60-Day Challenge Winner - lost 23.5 Inches!
    2011 30-Day Challenge Winner & Grand Prize Runner Up - lost 22+ Inches!
    2012 - Many MORE inches and 40+ lbs. gone...along with health concerns