Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitex (chasteberry)

Level

Hope this helps Lisa...I love it!
    http://hansenschoice-greenhealth.com...nd-researcher/

Florence ~ Blessed mama of nine (+ 3 in heaven) ~ Happily married to my best friend since 93
    T1/T4

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had
    happened.” – Winston Churchill

“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately
    important.” – C.S. Lewis

Level

I did not take vitex for meopausal symptoms, although I have read it helps (and I just recently started it again for possible peri-meopause). I took it after the last four of our babies were born when my hormones got all out of whack. Some places say not to take while nursing unless prescribed by a doctor, but my doctor said it was ok at a low dose. Our 20 yodd takes it because her hormones are out of balance (she can either skip her period for months or have it constantly - kind of like menopause). She has been SO happy with it.

Anyway, the best way to take it is in a tincture form. Since that is yucky I take both tincture and pill. I take the tincture in the AM, and then one pill in the afternoon and one in the evening. After 3 months (or when you notice symptoms getting better) you can do a maintenance dose of once a day (of either type) and then after another few months go off it and you body should be balanced out. I am not sure with meopause if you would have to stay on some kind of maintenance though? It has always really amazed me. I have had no side effects.

I wish I had more science to share with you guys. Just personal experience of relief from hormone craziness!!

Angie

Level

Also, the thing my doctor said about vitex vs. hormone replacement is that you don't have to worry about getting too much of a hormone, which can be dangerous. It does the balancing act all by itself! It balances your hormones to where they are supposed to be no matter what you are lacking or what you need.

Angie

Level

Thanks, Forence!

Lisa
    T-Tapping since 9/16/09
    Down 125 pounds and 117.25 inches since May 28, 2012 with hCG & T-Tapp

My Testimonial Tuesday
    My Website/weightloss blog

Level

No problem, hopefully this was helpful

Florence ~ Blessed mama of nine (+ 3 in heaven) ~ Happily married to my best friend since 93
    T1/T4

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had
    happened.” – Winston Churchill

“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately
    important.” – C.S. Lewis

Level

Angie, when your doctor said "you don't have to worry about getting too much of a hormone," did he mean with Vitex you don't have to worry? Or was he saying even with HRT you don't have to worry about too much? (I find that last one REALLY hard to believe - but did want to check it out with you.)

I went ahead and bought Vitex last Friday, and started taking it Saturday. At least for the next couple of months, I think I will continue taking HRT as well. Then, I might start weaning myself off the HRT and hopefully, enough Vitex will have built up in my system to do the job. I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed!

Gwen

Level

Gwen, I will be waiting to hear how this works for you. I might ask my doctor about Vitex next time I'm there, just to see what she says.

Peggy
    T1/T4

Started T-Tapp in July 2010 after searching for a good strengthening/stretching/flexibility workout. I think I found it!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

Level

Dr Christopher's Female Tonic is great for hot flashes! I used this in the past and it works great! I used to use the Hormonal Changease and/or Female Reproductive but did not resolve the hot flashes until I switched to the Female Tonic. I really believe the Vitex made the difference. I have learned in the last year, however, if I consume too much sugar I always get hot flashes. Kill the sugar - they go away!

The information is:
    This formula has been used historically as a tonic to help promote vitality, strength, energy, balance and overall health of the female reproductive systems. It also helps increase the body’s ability to combat painful menstrual cycles, indigestion, nausea, and discomfort due to pregnancy. This formula is also a good source of phytonutrients, which help strengthen the thyroid and regulate metabolism. The following is a list of this synergistic blend: Squawvine Herb, Red Raspberry Leaves, Nettle Leaves, Dandelion Leaves, Wild Yam Root, Cramp Bark, Chickweed Herb, Purple Dulse Leaves, Vitex (Chaste) Berries, Motherwort Herb & Ginger Root. All encapsulated products are in a pure 100% vegetable based capsule.

Joan Schrader NAP
    Nemenhah Medicine Woman
    Naturopathic Doctor
    Master Herbalist, Reflexologist, Aromatherapist
    Health And Wisdom Inc.
    President

www.health-and-wisdom.com

Home of USP quality Magnesium Oil! Relaxation never was so easy!

"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."

Level

With Vitex you won't get too much of any certain hormone.

Angie

Level

Vitex is an adaptogen for the ovary. It helps your body to restore the functions and balance the sex hormone, so, you will not have too much or too little, it is not a hormone replacement program, therefore, if you are healed, you can get off it.

Alfalfa is a food source adaptogen for the pituitary gland. Maca is a food source adaptogen and a sex hormone building blocks.

Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian ginseng), Rhodiola rosea, Schisandra chinensis and Panax ginseng are all adaptogens.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/is...and-vitex.html

Ordered More and TWO on 7/7/2010, Started tapping on 7/30/2010.
    2011 January 30 Day Jumpstart Less to Lose Category Winner.
    2012 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    2014 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer in Training