Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quinoa Recipes Anyone?

Level

Or--you can make quinoa meatloaf, Erika! This is a yummy recipe!

Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients
    • 1/4 cup quinoa
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1 teaspoon olive oil
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 1 large clove garlic, chopped
    • 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
    • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
    • 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
    • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 egg
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 teaspoon water

Directions

1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
    2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
    4. Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
    5. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Abbie

Started T-Tapping on 2/21/11 (my birthday) and have lost 85 inches and 30 pounds so far!! And I am LOVING the T-Tapp Journey!

A Woman's Heart Should Be So Hidden In Christ, That Only A Man Seeking The Lord Can Find It.
    - Elizabeth Elliot

1st Runner Up in the More-To-Lose Under 50 Category in the 2012 60 Day Challenge!!!
    http://t-tapp.com/challenge2012/abbigails/index.html

Level

Also, here is a website that has SO many quinoa recipes! You should never be in need again for a quinoa recipe! LOL!

http://www.cookingquinoa.net/

Abbie

Started T-Tapping on 2/21/11 (my birthday) and have lost 85 inches and 30 pounds so far!! And I am LOVING the T-Tapp Journey!

A Woman's Heart Should Be So Hidden In Christ, That Only A Man Seeking The Lord Can Find It.
    - Elizabeth Elliot

1st Runner Up in the More-To-Lose Under 50 Category in the 2012 60 Day Challenge!!!

Level

This comes from celiac.com

Tabouleh

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons lime juice
    1/8 teaspoon white pepper
    1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and minced
    ½ teaspoon coarse salt
    ¼ cup olive oil
    1½ cups quinoa
    ½ cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
    ½ cup seeded and diced tomato
    ¼ cup sliced green onions, white part only
    ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
    ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
    Make vinaigrette by whisking together lime juice, pepper, jalapeño, salt and olive oil. Set aside.

Place quinoa in a fine sieve and wash under running water, rubbing with hands for a few minutes. Drain. In a large pot, combine 1 quart water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until quinoa is barely tender. Do not overcook. Strain, drain thoroughly and let cool. Do not rinse.

Toss with cucumber, tomato, green onions, parsley, mint and vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste. Best served at room temperature. Leftovers will keep for a day or so in the refrigerator. Return to room temperature before serving and add splash of fresh lime juice.

Serves 6

Melissa Sims
    Master Certified TTapp Trainer ~
    SKYPE certified ~ let's workout together online!
    Homeschool Mom to 5 in North Texas
    http://mylifewithafifth.com/

Level

Abbie, I'd already made it, by the time I saw this thread - just had boring quinoa on the side But next time...

There is no reason to stop, so just keep going.
    Started Tapping 6/7/12 lost 44.275 inches thus far.
    God is leading me to greater health every single day.

Level

LOL Erika! There's always next time........

Abbie

- Elizabeth Elliot

Level

Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait to start trying these out. I made it this morning like oatmeal with frut and it was great!
    Abbie, I just found that same website yesterday afternoon! I'm really excited about how much you can do with it.
    Florence, I think I'm going to make your granola this afternoon when I get home from work, I've been drooling over it since you posted the recipe. Oh, and I love your website!!

Steph

Level

Florence, I made your granola...it's awesome!! Thanks for the recipe.

Steph

Level

The granola does look good, Florence!

Abbie

- Elizabeth Elliot