You can find out what your current D3 level is and improve it! We have a special opportunity with MyMedLab -- read more at https://www.mymedlab.com/t-tapp/t-tapp-vitamin-d-experience and on our forum Home page.

Thread: OIP/HF question

Level

Default OIP/HF question

Hi all,

I've been doing OIP/HF's as often as I can before workouts and on days off. I don't have a dvd and have been doing it via the directions in the article on the t tapp website.

Can anyone share with me what I should be "feeling" when doing oip/hf? The instructions on the site aren't that overly comprehensive for me and I haven't found a post that really "explains" it. I don't really understand where I should be pressing and how to "roll my palms flat".

Insight or recommendations appreciated!

Happy Friday!

mary ellen

Level

Starting position
    Lie on back with knees bent and heels close to butt bones. (Feel how the internal organs naturally flatten out against the spine with gravitational pull.)
    Tuck butt slightly, press lower back into floor and feel how the organs shift upward towards the rib cage.

First Step
    Keep butt tucked and lower back pressed into the floor
    Shoulders are on the ground (don’t let them lift)
    Place hands inside left hip bone and push into abdominal cavity. (Go in deep to middle knuckle)
    Roll the organs towards the belly button
    cough (feel the muscle that tightens when you cough? THAT is your transverse ab muscle) Tighten and relax THAT muscle, using the pressure of your finger tips to bring outward stimulation.

Second Step
    Shoulders pressed into the ground
    Place hands inside right hip bone and push into abdominal cavity. (Go in deep to middle knuckle)
    Roll the organs towards the belly button

cough (feel the muscle that tightens when you cough? THAT is your transverse ab muscle) Tighten and relax THAT muscle, using the pressure of your finger tips to bring outward stimulation.

Third Step
    Place hands on lower abdomen, just below bladder
    Push fingertips into abdominal cavity and roll palms flat as you continue to push into abdomen. (You may feel some discomfort as the organs move up towards the rib cage.)

Fourth Step
    Hold palms flat into abdominal cavity and "tighten and squeeze" the muscles underneath. Hold for 8 counts. Once strong enough, hold position for an additional 8 counts without hands on tummy.
    Keeping butt tucked and lower back pressed into the floor, continue to do "butt tucks" never touching the floor for a total of 20 tucks.
    Lower hips and rest 8 counts.
    Repeat entire sequence.

Then Proceed into "Half Frog Sequence".

Here is how to increase muscle activation on HF without increasing reps. If you have just done OIP and are in the HF position - notice where your knees are...
    Are the knees drifted up toward your shoulders?
    Are your ankles in alingment with your knees?
    Is you lower back flat on the floor and tailbone off the floor?
    Are your shoulders on the floor?

Let's increase muscle activation.

Lower back is on the floor with the tailbone lifted (You can use a small towel folded under the tailbone to help you if you have weak abs)
    Press your shoulders firmly into the floor
    Keep your ribs lifted up and away from your hips and pull that belly button in tightly to your spine and lift it up into your rib cage
    Hands are on
    On abs (for beginner)
    Goal posts with elbow out from shoulder and wrist above elbow (for intermediate
    "W" position with elbows pulled in tight toward your waist and donut hands pressing into the floor and below the shoulder (For adv)
    Lift the ankles up level with the knees and point your toes
    Extend your knees away from your shoulders (Path of least resistance makes you keep them in toward your shoulders) But only go as far as you can without losing the "pressing" of the lower back into the floor
    Everything is engaged (lats, tummy, butt, thighs, calves)
    Try this at 10 reps and let me know how it goes.

T-Tapp Tips: "Putting the Organs in Place" followed by "Half Frogs" helps prevent groin injury. Teresa has used them to rehab professional football players who already had groin injuries. Do regular abdominal crunches after "Putting the Organs in Place" and "Half Frogs" and feel how much more effective they are. I usually do 30 regular crunches with 15 cross-over crunches to each side.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
    ¸.•*´¯)

http://fitwith6.com
    EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com
    VIRTUAL TRAINING

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter

Level

Michelle,

THANK YOU! That is EXACTLY what I needed! I needed to know what to "feel" during the two exercises. Can't wait to try this later before BWO and add in some crunches.

Many thanks and have a nice weekend!

hugs,
    mary ellen

Level

Awesome post, Michelle! Definetly bookmarking this one!

Abbie

Started T-Tapping on 2/21/11 (my birthday) and have lost 85 inches and 30 pounds so far!! And I am LOVING the T-Tapp Journey!

A Woman's Heart Should Be So Hidden In Christ, That Only A Man Seeking The Lord Can Find It.
    - Elizabeth Elliot

1st Runner Up in the More-To-Lose Under 50 Category in the 2012 60 Day Challenge!!!
    http://t-tapp.com/challenge2012/abbigails/index.html

Level

Thank you, Michelle!

Blessings,

Mary Ellen (MEK)
    Wife, for 30 years, of a most amazing man!
    Homeschooling mother of 6 - 5 sons and 1 daughter.
    T-Tappping since October 2011.
    2012 60 Day Challenge 1st Runner Up Over 50 More To Lose Health Category
    2013 60 Day Challenge Participant Over 50 Senior Fit Category