Thread: Swollen Fingers and Puffy Eyes

Default Swollen Fingers and Puffy Eyes

I've been T-Tapping for about 6 weeks. After the first day or two I noticed my fingers were very swollen. (I can't get my rings off.) I just assumed it was lymphatic, and once everything started moving it would get better. When it didn't get better I tried upping my water intake. That seemed to help slightly, but I still can't get my rings off.

I also have been waking up with really puffy under-eyes. Not bags, just swelling, so I don't think it's allergies. Looks more like water retention.

I just started taking the alfalfa and fibertox this week, and I also started skin brushing. Although everyone says you should be fine with the alfalfa if you have a grass allergy, I started very slow because when I help my daughters feed the rabbits, the hay aggravates my allergies. So I decided to start with just 3 a day. Yesterday I took 4 and today I'll try 5 or 6. But I still see no reduction in swelling. Not sure how much more water I can drink. Sometimes I feel like I might float away , and other times I feel parched.

I don't feel like I have swelling anywhere else. Any suggestions?

Last edited by AmbassadorCrochet; 07-13-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Kristine
    Homeschooling Mom of 6

Began my T-Tapp journey on 6/4/12 and have lost 28" so far.
    My Testimonial Tuesday

Level

Is your sleep a restful sleep? Sometimes when I've been really restless during the night, I wake up with a puffy face. Of course, I also do that when I've been indulging in popcorn or chips several nights in a row, too!!!

It's real HOT here in CT so I expect there is some water retention involved with the heat and humidity. I wonder if a grain or two of celtic sea salt in some water would help with getting the fluid moving up and out!

Are you doing any Stepping? Maybe an extra HD or two throughout the day will help keep the lymph moving. Even doing a sit down HD will help.

I hope things improve soon!

Jennifer
    Wife for 29 wonderful years
    Mom to 7 treasures--5 at home--ages 20, 17 (girls); 16 and 14 (boys); 12 (girl)
    Mamee to 3

T-Tapping since 2009

Level

I'm actually sleeping better than I have in years. My 2 yo daughter is not a sleeper and just recently started sporadically sleeping through the night. It's on the nights I sleep through without waking up that my eyes seem puffy. When I'm up in the middle of the night they don't seem quite as bad in the am. And, I'm doing 4 - 6 hoe downs a day. Should I try more than that? I'll look into the celtic sea salt. Thanks. Nice to see another New Englander

Kristine
    Homeschooling Mom of 6

My Testimonial Tuesday

From Phx., AZ, currently live in the Tulsa, OK area
    Level

I've recently been experiencing puffiness under my eyes too. I've been particularly tired in recent months. I'd just kind of sloughed it off as is my typical response--and keep forging ahead. I'll look into the celtic sea salt too. I have it on-hand, but have not thought to try it for this. Curious to see if your results, Kristine, and mine are similar. :-)

Vanetta
    DYT type 3/4

Homeschooling Veteran of Three, (K-12 x 3)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    Certified PraiseMoves Instructor, CPI Gold, and
    MIRA!Dance Instructor (Christian alternative to
    ​yoga and Zumba(R))
    T-Tapp TnT

Level

Hmmm, can you get celtic sea salt at a regular grocery store? I don't think there are any whole foods stores close. If not, I'll have to order it online.

Kristine
    Homeschooling Mom of 6

My Testimonial Tuesday

From Phx., AZ, currently live in the Tulsa, OK area
    Level

I got mine at a health foods store.

Vanetta
    DYT type 3/4

Homeschooling Veteran of Three, (K-12 x 3)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    Certified PraiseMoves Instructor, CPI Gold, and
    MIRA!Dance Instructor (Christian alternative to
    ​yoga and Zumba(R))
    T-Tapp TnT

Level
    Blog Entries

Try more brushing, specially the arms up towards the armpits. You may want to try more PBS.

You can do it!

Migdalia Cabassa Romero
    New York, NY
    Long torso/short leg

Level

You also might want to start brushing your face with a face brush. Doing that will probably help pump the lymph in your face.....just my .02.

Abbie

Started T-Tapping on 2/21/11 (my birthday) and have lost 85 inches and 30 pounds so far!! And I am LOVING the T-Tapp Journey!

A Woman's Heart Should Be So Hidden In Christ, That Only A Man Seeking The Lord Can Find It.
    - Elizabeth Elliot

1st Runner Up in the More-To-Lose Under 50 Category in the 2012 60 Day Challenge!!!
    http://t-tapp.com/challenge2012/abbigails/index.html