You can find out what your current D3 level is and improve it! We have a special opportunity with MyMedLab -- read more at https://www.mymedlab.com/t-tapp/t-tapp-vitamin-d-experience and on our forum Home page.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How About Just a Primary Back Stretch?

Level

Default How About Just a Primary Back Stretch?

Primary Back Stretch, PBS, three simple words and 3 easy alphabets, but so very important.

It is our warm up, parts and bits of it can be a cool off for any moves. Mastering PBS, you have learned half of T-Tapp's standing moves.

If you have back pain, go for it morning, mid-day and before bed. If you are sick, do one and it will drain you sinus and lymph nodes. If you don't feel like doing a workout, doing a PBS makes you all righteous that you have done something for the day.

It is easy on time, just 3-5 mins (depends on the version).

It is difficult (yes, Total Superslow), yup, I did half of a PBS on Instructional 1 and called it quits in July 2010, but I got back to it the next day. After 18 months, I am still learning and trying to perfect my PBS form.

In fact, there are so many versions of it and I am going to do one per day and see if I find anything new after 18 months.

So, how about a PBS today? Better yet, have you learn something new about your PBS for the day?

For the next week, I am going to concentrate on PBS:

Monday, I am going to start with the mother of all PBS, PBS from Total Superslow.
    Tuesday, I will do the PBS from the book.
    Wednesday, I will do the PBS from More Instructional and Instructional 1.
    Thursday, I will do the PBS from Tempo BWO+
    Friday, I will do the PBS from Ladybug Standing
    Saturday, I will do the PBS from Barefoot BWO+
    Sunday, I will do the PBS from Maxi Max Extreme

Do you want to compare notes, compare aha's? Do you have questions about the tweaks in the Tempo and Ladybug, come on ahead (if I don't know, we will find a trainer), we can have a full week of PBS fun.

One thing, do try to get a mirror at hips level (or video yourself), you will be amazed and surprised, at least I was last week when I video myself at PBS.

Ordered More and TWO on 7/7/2010, Started tapping on 7/30/2010.
    2011 January Jumpstart Less to Lose Category Winner.
    2012 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.

Trainer in Training

Level

I'm in! I love the variety and the order of your PBS choices.

Try switching your hand grip on the second part of the of PBS. You know how Teresa showed us at retreat to change the order of the arms in the crossover part of Plie'? (I normally cross the right hand in front of the left hand to preform this movement.) Try making the left cross in front. Major brain workout! Well, I have started gripping my hands differently in PBS. Normally my left index finger is on top of my right index finger and touching my right thumb. Re-grip with the opposite index finger on top.

Thanks for the invite!

Blessings,

Georgia

T-Tapp Trainer
    ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness Member

Find Me on Facebook

January Jump Start 2010/2012

Level

Georgia,

I am not sure that hand order thing, was it mentioned on Friday? I pretty much AWOL on Friday workouts due to stomach flu.

It is interesting that you mentioned the Piles big circle arms swing. I tried to activate as much as possible and have been having sore right shoulder. Last night, it dawn on me that instead of having right arm crossing over in the front always, I should try having left arm crossing in the front too. Yes, that was the reason, I tried to have my arms cross over behind the ear, the one arm in the front obvious has more work, so alternating is important. Right shoulder is still sore, but I will shake things up to fix that.

So, you mean instead of having your hand hooked, like right over left all the time, change it up so that you have left hand on top in the hook the next time. Yes, that is something I do from time to time, but will make a note to alternate all the time.

Wow, it is not even Monday yet, and we are already breaking ground.

My 4 yo is napping, maybe I should start watching Total Superslow to see what else I did not notice in the past 14 months.

Trainer in Training

Level

Georgia, you certified for Total already, what can be cooler than having a trainer doing PBS everyday, even I have no doubt Trisch is watching us like a hawk. I am sure Michelle the Great is available for questions too.

We are off to a great start!

Trainer in Training

Level

I'm in!
    As a prep today, getting a jumpstart on the nerdy fun , I re-read about PBS in F& F, then tried it breaking it up and going nice and slow. I definitely do so much better with the DVDs than reading from the book. It seems every time I re-read that book I always find something new!
    Also got a mirror today...$5.99 at Target..can't beat that price... so I'm ready!

Here's what I'll be doing, since I don't have all the same ones as you

Monday, PBS from Total Superslow.
    Tuesday, PBS from BWO (beginner rehab)
    Wednesday, PBS from Tempo TWO (8 reps)
    Thursday, I will do the PBS from Tempo BWO+
    Friday, I will do the PBS from Ladybug Standing
    Saturday, PBS from Tempo TWO (10 reps)
    Sunday, PBS from Tempo Lower Body Standing

Level

This sounds like a great way for me to ease back in to Tapping - so I'm in. I think I have all those workouts, if not, I will substitute and post each day. Will post again later today, it is Monday morning here already, when I am done. Thanks for this fun and brilliant idea ayj!

Asha
    “Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery it is. In the boredom and pain of it, no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.” ~ Frederich Buechner

From Phx., AZ, currently live in the Tulsa, OK area
    Level

What a great idea, Ayj! And, changing up sides, or 'cross-overs' is a great idea for balancing the muscle work, and adding the benefit of brain-body connection. :-)

Vanetta
    DYT type 3/4

Homeschooling Veteran of Three, (K-12 x 3)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    Certified PraiseMoves Instructor, CPI Gold, and
    MIRA!Dance Instructor (Christian alternative to
    ​yoga and Zumba(R))
    T-Tapp TnT

Level

Ayj - sounds great, and I am very tempted.... but I am concentrating on OIP/HF this week X2. Hope you do this again sometime!

Rachelle

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Romans 10:13

Level

Yes, definitely switch which hand is on top! Good in Oil Wells, too--when we pulse over head, next time you go down into the OW move, switch the way your hands are. Feels weird but that helps the left/right brain body awareness!

For fun, you can try brushing your teeth with the opposite hand......THAT is even harder!

Good idea on the different PBS styles, ayj! Might join you some of the days!

~ ..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Trisch -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedMama View Post
    For fun, you can try brushing your teeth with the opposite hand......THAT is even harder!
    I can try skin brushing with a different hand, but I am not switching hands to brush my teeth yet, and definitely not for writing...

Trainer in Training