Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Craziest Health Site- Raising temps, reversing insulin resistance w/FOOD!!

Level

Default Craziest Health Site- Raising temps, reversing insulin resistance w/FOOD!!

Hi guys! I have to share this site/blog with everyone because thankfully ttappers are one of the more open minded groups out there. I am really excited about the info on 180degreehealth.com which addresses raising low body temps to get rid of thyroid issues, adrenal issues, metabolic disorders like pcos, brain fog, depression, dry skin, weight issues, etc through eating LOTS of good food. My temps have gone from 96.7 to 97.9-98 degrees within about a week and I am so excited because of what I am learning. The writer sites draws from so many sources of info and studies and really dissects them- also addresses how insulin resistance (root of type 2 diabetes, obesity pcos etc) is reversed through consumption of lots of complex starchy carbs like sweet potatoes and rice. Anyway I love what I have been learning and how much better my body has been feeling. Schwarzbein was a big influence on his ideas as well as Dr. Broda Barnes who worked years ago on addressing a variety of health issues simply by raising the body temp. Anyway check it out and let me know what you think (you may want to search for specific topics like "raarf' which is the rest and refeeding plan to raise temps because he does blog about a huge array of ideas.) But basically it is the anti diet approach for health and to me correlates perfectly with ttapp

Callie

Level

Interesting blog posts... Anybody else wandering around over there, it's RRARF instead of Raarf...

Cbuffy
    Dropped my synthroid numbers twice in 6 weeks!
    www.TheCoreyConnection.blogspot.com
    Check out my success story:
    http://www.t-tapp.com/success/collet...loe/index.html
    2010 60 day challenge LTL runner up
    http://t-tapp.com/challenge2010/winn...teb/index.html

Level

LOL thanks cbuffy!

Callie

Level

Callie,
    This is really interesting because today I saw a naturopathic doctor and he told me one of the causes of my health issues (mainly allergies) is that my body temperature is too low. He said I have hypothyroidism and am pre-diabetic. The way he explained it made a lot of sense. He recommended a modified paleo eating plan for me. I am going to check out the site. Thanks for sharing it.

Good wishes always,
    Linda

Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Level

Wow Linda that is so cool, what excellent timing! Some people have raised their temps from the 95's to the 98's in only 30 days so it's definitely possible to see an improvement. And diabetes is linked to insulin resistance which is also addressed on the blog I really hope it helps you Merry christmas!

Callie

Level

Calli, I've spent a couple of hours wandering around on the site and came away more confused than I was when I arrived.

Can you tell us a little about what you are doing specifically? Did you get the Diet Recovery (I can't remember if that's the right name) ebook to start or are you just better at picking up the information from the website than I am? Sounds like he is moving from RRARF to RBTI now and that confuses me too... LOL

Thanks!

Cbuffy

Level

i am sorry that it was confusing. RRARF is the basic recommendation he gives to everyone to raise temps- however he is constantly discussing and researching different methodologies and different people in the world of health. RBTI is a step beyond and is recommended for people with more serious health issues. It was a little easier before they moved the site (recently) because he had a free ebook on the rest and refeeding program that was very informative but they seem to have taken it down. I have his metabolism book which talks about rrarf as well as detailing the science behind it and how it affects insulin leptin temps etc. i would focus in on rrarf and the anti diet posts as well as the stuff about metabolic syndrome insulin etc. That all is interrelated. I will try to post some excerpts from the metabolism book. Diet recovery is based in the rrarf ideas with more updates and research that some of the older books. If youve got questions feel free to ask me ive spent a lot of time reading the stuff over there.

Callie

Level

What I am doing is basic rest and refeeding to get my temps up. It is the starchy carbs that raise body temps and in combo with protein and fat your body begins to heal. So right now i eat a lot of sweet potatoes and rice with good saturated fats like coconut oil, beef, eggs etc/ As far as rest goes, I do ttapp but i dont push it crazy hard with workouts and i dont do extra cardio. too much cardio can drop the body temps and also create muscle loss. Also fibrous veggies are important for reversing insulin resistance which causes diabetes pcos- there are a lot of studies that were done regarding starvation (even at what is considered "diet" level and how this in the long run created insulin resistance, loss of muscle mass increased fat mass and lowered body temps as well as potential adrenal issues, hair loss depresison etc. So diet recovery is a huge part of the focus because most of us have dieted in some degree or else just lived our lives in a state of restriction, being constantly aware of how much we eat and trying to eat less. Ill be back to post some excerpts later.

Callie

Level

Thanks Callie... So do you follow the carb breakfast, large lunch, small dinner format or is that more like RBTI?

Cbuffy

Level

I haven't had a chance to check this out much (I'm on overload!), but I am very interested!

The only issue right now is with GAPS we are off starchy veggies and grains. We are slowly reintroducing them.....I had issues with my temps and all before GAPS (May of this year) so I know that didn't cause temps to go down. I have had to eat more fats. I think that was the missing key with when I did Schwarzbein--I wasn't getting enough fats, still relying too much on carbs for energy.

Well, I'm rambling! I'll be interested to hear and learn more! I just can't add one more informational thing to my plate right now! Thanks for any and all info, Callie!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~