Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit Mama's November Thread

Level

You are so right that lotion mess is stinky and sickening! We had a lil boy once take the nasty smelling stuff that his sisters got for Christmas and paint the doll house and addition. It smelled so bad we had to take the thing out for the longest time. Now when I see that stuff come in the house my first thought is the trash can! YUCK!

Dd decided to find a box of cookies on my dresser under a computer and ate it. Ugh! Hopes that she was actually entertaining herself. Then I get the I hate you and I am going to pee myself for your catching me. Let's just say the bathroom is her friend today and not me! Grump! EVIL! That is it all stuff is gone and I am mean! I am sure I will find some ferious kids! Too bad!

Wendy, your cat is so old. Sorry she is putting you through it. It can't be too much longer as old as she is. Try some acv in her water. Maybe that will help her kidneys. Poor girl! Hope you wake up exercising.

Level

Hee hee...knew you guys would get a good laugh at me and the goat!! It's yet ANOTHER person who bought a goat and not prepared for it. They have NO FENCE and have her tied up all day! We will taste her milk first. She's still giving 1.5 quarts a day and was giving a touch over a gallon during the summer. She's registered and he said an easy milker...a Nubian. I was surprised when John told me to get her but at 2 yo and a good producer we could use her and then sell anyone else who isn't cutting grade!

Wendy, GLA!!!! LOL!

Anyway, he shared that since then he mixes half kelp, half diatomaceous earth and 10% copper sulfate, feeds it free choice and has had NO problems since! My df and I are going to try it. We've both lost goats this year from worms and are so tired of the frustration of it--not to mention it obviously affects their milk production, too.
    Trisch, I will have to do this. Thanks! I do not have diatomaceous earth but will get some. I do have the herbal wormer from Hoeggers but have not been good about giving it. Question though...I'm giving them the Golden Minerals from Hoegers would it be dangers to give them more copper sulfate on top of that? I read it was suppose to be balanced...any thoughts? I just diagnosed Song as having ringworm and now realize its what Red had so she got it from her! Arg! So I'm putting Athletes foot cream on it (its what I read to do) and after several days I think its improving. But she has a spot on her teat now that looks like a pimple. Any idea? Would that be ring worm or something new? Man, there is so much to this goat husbandry its scary! I do not want to deal with a dead goat! I'm so sorry you've lost more this year.

Oh Nikki, I feel for you with the goodie sneakers!! I do have to say that with my dh on board and no family nearby we have in the house only what we bring into it. Hope you can get the crud out! I'm am seeing the cleaner we go with their diet the more it affects them. I am with you with the honey. I am good with that! My boys do okay with rapadura too.

Oh oh oh!!! A farmer about an hour away is selling unpatuerized almonds, shelled for $135 for 50 pounds!! I do believe I'm going to contact him. Good price, right?!?!

Wendy, the cat again??? UGH!

Trisch, the pictures are adorable! I loved the one of you and your newborn.

Well, I've got a long day away from the house today and really I'd rather just stay in bed and nap! We have class and then are going to play at a park with our friends and then sell the candy. Probably mid to late afternoon when we get back. OK, so its a long day to me!!

~* Rose *~

Level

Oh Trisch! I forgot to wish you and your twins a happy birthday! How fun!

Also, I wanted to tell you. I am finally ditching the grain mix from the feed store. I do not like my girls eating the grains I do not think are good for them or for us. SO my approach is to give them free feed minerals and then a mix of the following: beet pulp, alfalfa pellets, (maybe) oats with the hulls from Azure, and, when affordable black oil sunflower seeds. I just started giving Song some of them again and her milk showed an increase. I also am going to add in flax seeds...1/4 cup or so a day for my milkers. I have been reading on it and one farmer said his goats became so much healthier with the flax seeds and that the difference was quite noticeable. I've been reading how they could be much healthier without grain. Anyhow...what do you think? Do you think I am asking for problems by not using the lactating goat mix?

~* Rose *~

Level

Hey that's interesting!

Did I ever give you this link?

http://www.landofhavilahfarm.com/loh-feed-regimen.htm

She has many different "mixes" but none are like the ones you get from the feed mill. I wanted to go to one of these, but dh thought we should go back to what we did originally (the recipe had changed over 10 years). I'm still convinced it's too much grain, but I'm willing to try it. Don't want to fight with him about goats of all things! LOLOL!

I'll try to answer your other questions later--I really need to get going for dd's ortho appointment!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

I never thought of doing HD when I can't sleep. I will have to try that sometime. I would have thought it would stimulate you and keep you awake but it is worth a try.

Trisch, what is it with older children that want to chat late at night? It is always right about when I am getting ready to climb into bed that one of my oldest taps on my door. I wouldn't give up those talks for anything though.

Love all the talks about sneaky kids! Very funny! We bought a very small amount of candy so they could have some while we did our Family Fun day and then it was gone. Wheww!

Joni, I had no idea you had twins. I have even seen pictures of your family. Boy, I am really observant! )

Tracy
    Blissfully raising 7 wonderful children! (dd-18, ds- 15, dd-8, ds-6, dd-4, ds-2, ds-2months)

http://www.momasdoctor.blogspot.com

Level

Doing a quick fly by. Rose, if you can get almonds at that price could you ship them this way? That is cheaper than green smoothie girl and I am all for that. Okay so I am being a pain in the rear end asking.

Level

Thanks for all that info, Joni! The only thing I could find researching was protein and folic acid. I've got the Vitamin C and have been taking magnesium, calcium/zinc combo.. but the Vitamin C is the chewable kind and.. uugghhh i Just can't stand it. Guess I should get me some swallow-able kind instead. I hope it's not too late to try strengthening the placenta and the sac... guess it couldn't hurt, right?

My bag of water didn't break with Cady until I was 9+ cm and just about ready to push. Not sure how they break it when they do it for "medical" reasons, but.. yeah..being induced and then having crazystrong crazyclosetogether contractions and then saying they need to break the water and any cushion will be gone AND I have to stay still in bed so they can monitor? Ugh.. went for the epidural *sigh* But when NOTHING came out--yeah I didn't have a cushion anyway.. maybe *could* have lasted the 30 minutes without the epidural until she came out, but at that point it seemed it'd be 3-4 hours minimum..

No idea on prices of almonds. Sounds good?

Happy birthday to your "twins" Trisch! In our family, we don't know any other way. lol

Greta
    Off and on Tapper since 1999
    Consistently Tapping since June 2005

purelyoverjoyed's twin sister
    Twinsx2's daughter, and KariAna and faithlakies's niece)
    Certified IFPA Personal Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer--Total Workout
    Southeast Missouri

gretchen@t-tapp.com
    www.ducksinarowfitness.com
    www.t-tapp.com/trainers/gretchenprobst

Level

HI. I'm baaaacK!!
    I haven't scanned all the pages, but I am praying for all of you. And I hope to catch-up later tonight.

I did MORE last night!! (First time in a LONG, LONG time). And I am f-e-e-l-i-n-g it today. Oh-my! But it's worth it. And I'll do it again tonight! The only frustration is that one of my children took my brand-new T-Tapp brush and used it on the latest cleaning project. UGGGGG. I need to order a new one later tonight. It's kind of funny though, isn't it?!!

Robert is doing well at Erskine College in South Carolina. Allen is in the public high school for his senior year. He needs prayer is any area you think of. Marcus is still homeschooled and taking classes at the local college. Daniel, Timothy, Sarah, and I are now taking sketching classes every Friday morning. Joseph and Benjamin are BOTH potty-trained now!!!! Only a few accidents a week. What a blessing!!!

Well.....time's out. Sigh...... I miss all of you. Love you all. I'll keep praying for whatever God puts on my heart. {{{HUGS}}}}
    -Carol

MOM to Robert 18, Allen 16, Marcus 15, Daniel 13, Timothy 11, Sarah 9, Andrew 7, Joseph 4, and Benjamin 2, and 5 babies in Heaven that are "horsing around" with my Dad!!

Level

Hi, Carol! Good to see you! And sorry about your brush!

Rose, I know there's cautions about copper sulfate, but I also know some sources have you giving more than is "safe" because most goats are woefully deficient!

Dolomite is supposed to balance copper sulfate, too.

On sneaking candy--our 14 yodd was horrible about it when she was about 3! We disciplined, we took her candy away--she would actually climb the pantry shelves (which go higher than me!) and find her sisters' hidden stashes! I took away all sweet things. At one point, she couldn't have any jam on her bread, no sugar or honey in her oatmeal, nothing that was remotely sweet!

After a week of absolutely nothing sweet, she finally broke! Still had to pay for the cavity damage a year or so later, tough! Grrrr!

Rose---good idea your dentist has!

Oh, and Susannah got good news today--she gets her braces off in 2 weeks! After nearly 4 years this round in braces! She has had some sort of appliance or braces off and on for over 10 years!!!!

I'm so impressed with our ortho--he is really a nice guy, has gone above and beyond the call of duty on my poor dd who had such a terrible mess. Her teeth look so much better than I thought we'd have to settle for--I will probably cry when they come off!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

Congrats to Susannah Trisch! Must be exciting for the both of you! Thanks for your thoughts on the copper. Here's another question for you Trisch. I saw "Diane", the Nubian I'm looking at. She seems to be very well built to me and is a good size. I think she's likely under fed. She's had as much browse as she can stand and is fed alfalfa when she is milked once a day. No grain, minerals or supplements. Um...I'm okay without grain if they are being given other stuff! Her coat actually seems thick and shiney but she seems to have dandruff. I looked it up and dandruff is the result of a low-fat diet and its recommended to give her BOSS and flax (which I am doing for my girls)...that and free feed minerals. Am I asking for a problem? I don't 'think' its lice. She didn't seem itchy and the dandruff is pretty uniform and follows the pattern I read about. She is a very nice goat. I figure I could feed her properly for the next month and breed her on her next cycle...she appeared to be in heat now. Would waiting one month be enough time to get the nutrition into her? I still want to milk her in the meantime. My husband is saying we should get her (milk tasted good) as the deal seems good and she's a nice goat. Oh...and I'm giving free feed dolomite! Well...most of the time....

I e-mailed you Nikki. I'll mail you some almonds. Let me know how much you want! Oh, and the price is $2.50/lb which comes to $125 for 50. Awesome price! The guy said they are basically organic but not certified. (lots of hoops to get certified organic here...)

I caved on the candy sell. I let them each keep two pieces then pulled out $8 of Hot Wheels toys out of my toy closet. The trade is done! I didn't want to drive the extra distance to the dentist..I was done! They are happy!

Good to hear from you Carol! Sounds like you all are doing pretty good. Glad you are out of diapers!!

~* Rose *~