You can find out what your current D3 level is and improve it! We have a special opportunity with MyMedLab -- read more at https://www.mymedlab.com/t-tapp/t-tapp-vitamin-d-experience and on our forum Home page.

Thread: Sublingual vs. Progesterone cream? Anyone?

Level

Question Sublingual vs. Progesterone cream? Anyone?

I was hearing Mercola mentioning this for a while now and wondering if one is more effective than the other? I saw this link, but don't know the company:

http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.co...FRdUgwod_C-Oqw

I use ProGest Emerita and like it but was wondering if anyone else has any input on this?

Thanks.

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14
    "As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." 1 Corinthians 15:26

Level

I got a pretty terse response from the company when I asked how much orally equals the cream. Instead of answering they said one drop = 1.2 mg. And that's all they said. That flippancy doesn't bode well for decent customer satisfaction or service.

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14

Level

It's not a great idea to take hormones orally, because they go through your liver and get metabolized in a way that renders most of it useless. Transdermal bypasses this process.

-Moyne
    Holistic Health Life Coach

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Level

Thanks, Moyne. It's what I'd thought but remembered Mercola talking about sublingual and he seemed to suggest it didn't do that. I appreciate the input. Thank you so much!

Level

The other issue is that transdermal hormones build up in your fat stores, which is more normal, and can release in a more measured way than sublingual into your bloodstream.

I don't know if it makes as much difference with progesterone, but I know that with estrogen, it affects your sex hormone binding globulin (hope I'm remembering the correct name) levels, in a negative way (makes the estrogen available to get bound, I think). Transdermal does not.

-Moyne
    Holistic Health Life Coach

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Level

I had issues with a tablet form of natural progesterone I was taking. I think it's like 80 or 90% of it gets destroyed in the gut? I suppose sub-lingual is a bit better, but still....it's hard on the liver.

I think the three miscarriages I had between dd#7 and ds#1 were because my liver just wasn't really metabolizing and therefore I wasn't getting what I thought I was.

I'm pretty much sold on transdermal!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

I'm so sorry about those losses, Trisch. But thank you for sharing and for the input. I think you're both right and bypassing the gut is really important.