Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrenal fatigue

Level

Default Adrenal fatigue

How long does adrenal fatigue last? I am feeling discouraged and not sure what to do.

I have not been officially diagnosed, but from my symptoms I think I am either on the verge or in the beginning stages of adrenal fatigue. I am not sure how to apply and schedule T-Tapp to help me and not make it worse. I looked at my measurements and I have gained and lost the same 6 inches for the last 4 months. I am like a yo-yo.

After the weddings and vacation I was going to have a BWO+ video review, but now I don't even know if it is worth it if I can't exercise much. Or maybe it is more worth it to make sure I am getting the most out of the workout. I am not sure how many or what workouts to do either.

I have changed our diet and cut out caffeine. Is there anything else I can do to help?

Thanks,
    Angie

Level

Angie, with workouts, don't overdo. You can either cut reps to 4, hold plie squat and pause for more kick out breaks, and/or go every other day.

Why not do just that--go EOD, 4 reps, hold the plie squat and kick out after each set of plies, then again after Reach Scoops, once more after Oil Wells? That's what I did for a loonnnggg time.

And it's up to you, but I would still do the video review. Even if you are on an EOD schedule, you will get the most out of your moves that way!

You can even take 2 days off in between if necessary. I know it's tempting to think "Oh, but I'll never lose that way!". BUT--if you crash your adrenals and can't do anything, or if you further damage your metabolism, you may hit a brick wall and take much longer to rebuild your adrenals and good health!

Make sure you are eating good fats--your adrenals need that for healing! I have been more conscientious of it on GAPS than I was on Schwarzbein and cannot believe the difference it makes! Animal fats from trusted sources, lard from pigs that get outside once in awhile , coconut oil, nuts and nut butters, good butter (raw and grass fed is best, but if that isn't available, at least organic and/or hormone-free), avocados--I am feeling much better when I eat plenty of fats throughout the day.

How long does it last? That's hard to tell. I crashed mine two years ago, but after easing back into it (I used MORE Chair to get back into workouts, and that without full activation) and tweaking my hormones, plus adding my afternoon and bedtime snacks back in, took me about 3 months to be able to do short workouts 4 times a week on an average. After my mom unexpectedly died (found her late at night and then my sleep was the pits for 2 weeks), I really backed off. That one took me 9 months, BUT it was emotional as much as physical.

It's good you recognize this, and for now, focus on health. Otherwise you may get discouraged, but let me tell you, when you hit the bottom and have to take 3 naps a day to get through the day, inch and size loss is no longer your top priority!

I'm sure you'll get more input! HTH!

HUGS!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

Trisch, Thanks! So is it ok to listen to my body? I have been holding myself back because I read on the forums that you should only do 2 T-Tapp workouts per week if you are in adrenal fatigue. Like I said I am not sure I am in actual adrenal fatigue, but I want to be careful. I feel pretty good with this schedule. I would add the 4 reps, hold plies and kick outs.

Monday: BWO+ (4 reps, hold plie', kick out)
    Tuesday: Off
    Wednesday: SATI (no arms)
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: BWO+ (4 reps, hold plie', kick out)
    Saturday: SATI (no arms)
    Sunday: Off

I am reading through SP as fast as I can. I have some other questions I will post on that thread later.

Thanks,
    Angie

Level

Angie, that looks good! If you start feeling overwhelmed, achy beyond what is normal, or super tired for no other reason, take W off or just do PBS, TTT stretch and 1 HD. But doing SATI without arms is a good idea for now, to see how you do. Keeping shoulders back in alignment with hips (ribs up!) will be a workout all in itself during SATI!

. .))

Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~

Level

Oh, and just so you know....the pause button works on SATI, too!

. .))

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~

Level

I'm so glad this came up today. My FIL died yesterday. It's been several days of driving back and forth from Indy to Evville, and moving my son to college in between, and sitting up all night with all the tension of watching a long illness, caring for other elderly parents, and, well, you know. I keep thinking about you, Trisch, and what you went through. The hours of sitting are driving me nuts, but even just a leisurely (and I mean barely ambling - just trying to keep tucked and no duck feet - not anything vigorous or demanding) walk around the block nearly killed me. I wanted to say something on the forum, but didn't have the energy to actually think enough to start a new thread! Now we are about to do three more days of driving back and forth and into Illinois a couple of times, visitation, funeral, etc. Lots of relating and such. Part of me wants to T-Tapp, thinking it would help. Another part is saying it is too much. Anyway, you are not kidding when you said you had to back off - I am relating to the unbelievable fatigue.

I've been thinking that my adrenal fatigue has been getting better. What I see now is that I don't have reserves. I agree strongly with the advice about good fats. I'd also add that I have to make sure I'm getting enough protein. And water. Easy to skip meals right now, and pressure to do so. Right now I think it is important to stay away from any "wasted" calories - the kind that you don't need, that don't build and give you lasting energy, and that don't have concentrated nutrients. People keep handing us soft drinks and junky sandwiches, and even doughnuts. It's a challenge to do better.

So Angie, I guess I am saying that you may start to feel better, but realize that it may take a lot longer to build a "depth" of strength that you can rely on in times of extended stress. Keep working at it steadily. I try to remember Charlotte's advice to "Be Kind" to myself - it helps me to make the right choices and not push myself out of guilt. If being kind to myself means do a little exercise, that's what I should do. Maybe it means to put butter on my food. Or go to bed early (the hardest!)

Nancy

Level

Nancy ~ I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. What a sad and difficult time for you to be going through. I will be praying for you and your family.

Thanks for the tips about having to build up reserves and being careful even after I feel better. That is good to know. I am working on the protein and fats. I am actually working on everything right now!

Trisch ~ I will listen to my body and take off more days if I need to. Thanks!

Angie

Level

{{{Nancy}}} My thoughts, prayers and HUGS are with you! So sorry about your fil. DO take care of yourself.

. .))

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~

Level

Angie,
    A lot of adrenal fatigue recovery is letting yourself adapt to the fact that you can't keep going and going and going anymore! Rest, rest rest. Protein and fats. I also took ashwaganda which helped. And there was a time where just getting out to walk was a break through, let alone getting in a workout. And this is coming from a T-Tapp trainer!

Definitely listen to your body. Let that guide you. You will eventually get through it. It took me 2-3 years and on the other side, I'm a different person. It's all good.

Dorothy Hall
    T-Tapp Trainer
    Sonoma, CA

Staying Fit & Hip during perimenopause and beyond!

www.BrightBodyFitness.com
    Trainer Profile

Need a website? Check out my T-Tapper discount!

Level

Dorothy,

Thanks for the encouragement. I never knew what a driven person I am until I can't go anymore. Honestly, 2-3 years seems like an eternity. Did you do any T-Tapp during the healing time? This is all very confusing to me. I am the type of person who obviously does not know how to listen to my body.

Thanks,
    Angie