Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-starting T-Tapp - Major anxiety and Panic disorder- looking for support!

Level

Default Re-starting T-Tapp - Major anxiety and Panic disorder- looking for support!

Hi, everyone... I am restarting T-Tapp after starting and stopping for YEARS. This is the time that I will finally DO IT and stick with it. Hoping I can find some "buddies" who will kick me when I am not doing that I should!

I first heard about T-Tapp many years ago. I had the VHS tapes if that tells you anything. As with many other times in my life, I started it and then quit. Life got in the way, had kids, etc. Fast forward to today.

I am 38 years old with 3 kids. I had always been a bubbly, outgoing go-getter personality until May 2009. At the time, I was working in corporate real estate. I was doing well when suddenly I started having debilitating panic attacks. They were so bad that I went to the hospital twice by ambulance from work. One time I was in a staff meeting and they had to call 911 because my heart was racing and I started crying. Talk about embarrassing. By November 2009, I could no longer work because I panicked each and every day. It was AWFUL.

I came home and started an online business to make ends meet. I thought I would get my health together but instead I have become semi-agoraphobic. I hate to leave the house for fear of feeling anxious. I have not driven at all in well over a year. I used to be so independent that I could have driven to another state without any problem. Now I cannot go to the grocery store. I even missed my 20 year high school reunion last week (which was less than 20 minutes from my home) because I just could not make myself do it.

We homeschool our kids, and they see this anxiety in me all the time. It is heart wrenching to feel like you are doing damage to your kids. I don't want them to have the same issues when they are my age.

I have been to numerous doctors including a few cardiologists who have all told me that my heart is ok but is deconditioned. I am about 50 pounds overweight and have never really exercised. I KNOW I need to exercise, but the thought of my heart rate going up TERRIFIES me. I also have mild asthma, so when you couple those two things together, exercise feels bad. I also have digestive issues (possible Crohns) that keep me even more anxious.

I guess I am looking for someone locally who could maybe coach me in some way or do a one on one with me to see if I can get on track. I am truly at my wits end because I feel like no one has been able to help me. I have all the T-Tapp tools I need, but I am scared to get started I guess....

Any words of wisdom would be such a blessing right now.... I have never had a lot of girlfriends (always guys LOL) so I would love to have some ladies on my side who will encourage me and push me to do something good for ME.

Charity

Level

Hi Charity,

You've made the first step by recognizing there is a problem and wanting to do something about it, so good for you! I'll invite you to come on over to the 6 weekers thread here: http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.p...-1-Aug-7-Wk-1/ You'll find lots of support, answers to just about every question under the sun and I guarantee you'll make some friends. You'll definitely get the support it sounds like you need so much. This single group of women have helped me tremendously to stick with it throughout the past year.

Reading your story was a bit like reading my own. I too used to do some T-tapp years ago, but just picked it up again last year. I have horrible anxiety attacks and some times panic attacks. I've never been a social person, but the past few years I've barely left my home. 8 months ago I only ever left my house if my boyfriend went with me. Talk about a stress producer! After reading this book: http://store.amenclinics.com/books/c...-always-wanted I realized, oh gee, I'm agoraphobic and I've been blaming other people for things I've done to myself. Immediately I started taking action because I knew I had to change, because I was not living my life, I was living in walking death. What did I do? Well, I started going outside by myself. Small steps at first. I walked outside to get the mail. I walked outside to take the trash out. I went for a walk around the block by myself. I went to the store by myself. I took small steps, and those small steps finally got bigger. I cannot tell you how terrifying it was at first just to go outside and go for a short walk. I kept putting off going to the store because it was an immediate anxiety producer. Finally I just did it. Now, I don't even think about it, I still don't like having to do it sometimes, but I can do it. The good part is I did it all by myself, without any help from doctors or drugs or anything. I just knew something had to change and I did it. Believe me, I know it's even terrifying to think about, but if I can do it I know you can too.

I'm sorry to hear you're in poor shape healthwise, but believe T-tapp can help you. I'm about 60 pounds or so overweight. My weight isn't coming off so easily, but then I have a lot of years of damage to undo. I lived with untreated hypertension for many, many years. Talk about scary, I don't even want to think about what that was doing to my body. The one thing about doing T-tapp is that as you progress, you will find you want to get healthier and you just automatically start making better choices. Everything I said above will become easier as you go because T-tapp helps make it easier.

Incidentally, I'm the same way with friends: throughout my school years, a lot of my friends were guys and I just never seemed to have gotten along well with girls. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the friends you make through T-tapp

Hang in there and know we're here for support if you need to vent or just talk things through.

Melanie

Started 7/15/10: more to lose combo, slow to lose
    Embracing my truth as a BP/EP Type 4
    Follow me: http://msnyder0315.blogspot.com/

Level

Charity, kudos to you for verbalizing what you need so well and for being brave enough to say it. You may not feel brave due to your challenges, but you are. I just posted yesterday that this group is so supportive and I'm sure you'll find that to be the case for you, too. One thing someone on this board recommended to me is to do EFT which is gentle tapping on certain acupuncture points. I've found that if I'm stressed and tap on these points it really helps to reduce the stress. So, if you plan to follow Melanie's advice or have another plan, this is something that can help and doesn't have to cost any money (there are Youtube videos that show you the idea of it for free).

Mary

Level

Charity, I just thought about it, are you taking Magnesium at all? It's really helped with my anxiety, also.

Melanie

Started 7/15/10: more to lose combo, slow to lose
    Embracing my truth as a BP/EP Type 4
    Follow me: http://msnyder0315.blogspot.com/

Level

Hi gals! I've had anxiety since my 20s on & off. I had an attack this morning! Im thinking it was due to just getting over the stomach flu & then having the plumbing back up for 2 days. I just didn't seem to get the rest I needed on Sunday. Ran around yesterday. Went to bed to late & could not get back to sleep this morning. Boom bad panic &have raising thoughts. Glad to see others here for support. I am doing T-tapp right now& it does help a lot. I just felt like my world turned upside down. I feel down like somehow its all my fault I had an attack. I hope u ladies are doing ok as I see this thread was posted back in August. Thanks

Deb Escoto
    Tapper since 1999.

Level

Charity, welcome back!

It took an amazing amount of courage to type your story. You are reaching out and that's great progress already. I don't have much experience with anxiety but it sounds like a terrible strain on your life and that of your family's too.
    Coming here, talking with us, is a step. If you're looking for motivation, inspiration, accountability and just plain friendship then you're in the right place. I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you often here.

Take your T-Tapp slowly, just press play and see how much you can do. You'll get stronger, and not just physically. You'll be able to track your progression and take pride in yourself and your accomplishments. Take one T-Tapp day at a time

Tara

T-Tapp Trainer, certified in TWO & HTF

Mother to 3 mermaids (& Poseidon)

IFPA certified

My Blog: www.tarachatzakis.com

Finding my way, with God by my side.

http://www.t-tapp.com/success/tarac/

Level

Yeah my day has been a downer but im glad I was can come here for support. I did PBS & HD today. Helped a lot. Also got back in my GABA supplements. I have a very good book I love on anxiety attacks. Called the Anxiety Disease. I was just reading it & discovered that for a few weeks now I have had some of symptoms of recurring anxiety. The things we try to overlook at times. Busy women we all are. Time to listen to my body more. I do feel better. Oh BTW Im taking Charlottes online class to get my consistency back with T-tapp. Love the class!

Last edited by Debarbie; 02-01-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Deb Escoto
    Tapper since 1999.

Level

Magnesium is the only thing that helped clear my panic attacks. I know if I have a "bout", I am lacking on magnesium.

Last edited by monica213; 02-01-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (`*.Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
    .*)

http://fitwith6.com
    EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com
    VIRTUAL TRAINING

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter

Level

Hi

I just also wanted to add to the suggestions about Magnesium! I recently read the book "The Magnesium Miracle" and it has a chapter about how magnesium supplements can help relieve anxiety attacks.

It's also a good idea to give up or cut back on coffee because it can cause you to lose magnesium.

I know some ladies here use magnesium oil (the magnesium gets absorbed through the skin), which I think is preferred by people with sensitive tummies!

I just get cheap magnesium supplements from the supermarket, and I do feel they help promote a calm mood.

Bonboncat

Currently growing a new little person for the first time (at age 35!) due at the beginning of Feb 2015

Level

I only have a minute to type right now, but I totally understand.
    I have had panic attacks and anxiety all my life. My son does too.

L-Theanine is what a naturopath recommended for him and I use it for myself too as needed. It's an amino acid that's found in green tea. You'd have to drink tons of green tea to get the amount needed, but you can buy it as a supplement.
    As a guideline, my son's naturopath said that he could take 600 mg/day.
    It's very calming.

You are not alone!