You can find out what your current D3 level is and improve it! We have a special opportunity with MyMedLab -- read more at https://www.mymedlab.com/t-tapp/t-tapp-vitamin-d-experience and on our forum Home page.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Tetanus Shots for a Puncture Wound?

Level

Question Alternative to Tetanus Shots for a Puncture Wound?

My 12 yodd got a nail 1 inch deep into her foot in the barn. Yeah, rusty, dirty, animals live there!

And no, she wasn't wearing shoes although dh really doesn't think it would have helped I guess!

So I sit here and know TOO much and want to do the right thing for her. I'm praying, researching, etc. I would appreciate any input.

I'm finding a lot of how the toxoid doesn't really help, to ask for Tetanus Immune Globulin, etc. but not a lot about what else I can do holistically. Seems to be many homeopathic things out there, but I am turning to my Tapping sisters to ask if anyone here has used something besides the traditional tetanus toxoid.

I'm not going to put the responsibility on anyone else, I just want to make the best decision. And my poor brain is tired--it's been a loonnnggg 4 days lately!

TIA!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

Trisch - Like you need another crisis! Hugs! No answers.

Wendy

You can learn something from everyone you meet. Just listen...

Level

Trisch, give April D a call. I think she has some experience with an alternative. Praying.

Bev

I am 61 and stronger than I have ever been and more than ready for this next stage of life. I plan on keeping my muscle strength, bone strength and flexibility through t-tapp way into my 90's. Think of all the fun I am going to have the next 30 years!!

Level

Trisch, what about calling Joan at Health and Wisdom also? She has alot of insight on herbs and what not. I know a case where someone got rid of poison from a tick bite by putting activated charcoal on and kept changing it out. What about liver and bloodstream cleansers. I know nothing so really don't listen to me I am thinking there must be something in nature that can be done before the med alternative. I am just thinking draw it out. Hugs and hope someone will have an answer!

Level

A midwife I once talked with about whether or not to vaccinate my babies, told me how she doesn't vaccinate her kids except for the tetanus. And that one she did because her kids were exposed to horses and she said that is the real risk of getting tetanus. Not from rusty nails, but from the ground being contaminated by the feces of horses, so any puncture on land where there are horses. I'm not sure what natural alternatives there are, but I am sure they do exist. I second Nikki Dawn's advice, I'd call Joan!

Level

Tea tree oil with deep wounds and taking oral sodium chlorite (5 drops citric acid to 1 drop MMS solution) and I'd start with around 3 drops MMS every couple of hours and see how he feels.

After about an hour or so I'd take an activated charcoal to absorb the things that get killed and move it safely out of the system. And then keep up this routine, keeping a very, very close eye on the wound.

I get very nervous about tetanus as lock jaw is so stinkin' scary!

I also know that if you have Turmeric (it's a spice and I get mine from www.swansonvitamins.com in capsules, but you'll find it in the spice section in bulk) I'd take that, too, as it greatly BOOSTS the immune system. It's very orangey-yellow.

HTH and gentlest hugs,

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14
    "As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." 1 Corinthians 15:26

Level

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14
    "As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." 1 Corinthians 15:26

Level

Thank you ALL so much!

I will give April a call, Bev! And I may call or e-mail Joan, too!

I do feel less anxious--she did have a shot a few years ago before we started rethinking even the tetanus and a friend who is an ER nurse (but very holistic herself!) told me if it's been in the past 5 years, they don't give another one. Plus I now know to ask for Human TIG if I really feel we need an antitoxin. Although we have some antitoxin in our refrigerator for the goats! (JK!)

Off to check out all your wonderful links and write down all your input! THANK YOU!

Pamela, you're a gem! HUGS!

. .))

T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~

Level

For future, you can also keep the homeopathic nosodes on hand, so if a shot is needed, you give the nosodes to counteract any side-effects from the shots. Usually, they give DT at the hospital/Dr. ofc, so you'd need Tetanus Toxinum and Diptherinum; 200C potency is best. We've avoided all but this and the nosodes kept them from even getting soreness and swelling from tetanus. I should also mention, though, that I did have my L.Ac. test and treat both boys for every component of every vaccine, including the preservatives, etc., like thimeresol, JUST IN CASE, before we did the shots. BUT, oldest DS did accidentally receive a DTP (that was supposed to be tetatus only) with our homeopath when he was two. They immediately gave him the other two nosodes and he didn't have any reaction -- not even the expected muscle soreness. Prayer was a component, also, but I believe the nosodes were instrumental.

If anyone wants more info on our decisions about this, feel free to PM or e-mail me. Don't want to get into too many details on here!

-Moyne
    Holistic Health Life Coach

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Level

Wow! Thanks for that info, Moyne!

I called Bev's and my mutual friend April and will share what she told me:

Solomon Wicke, an Amish holistic healer, said lobelia kills tetanus on contact. I don't have the tincture but I do have a homeopathic I had bought thinking it was the tincture for my dd with pneumonia. April said it can't hurt! So I just put that on.

She also said to make a drawing poultice--activated charcoal or even milk and sugar are good. I plan to do that in a little bit, then do oil of oregano and then the GOOT. And make her eat garlic! I found that out on a WellTellMe forum by a lady whose dd stepped on a horseshoe with a nail in it!

I did think there had to be something to counteract any bad side effects from the vaccination if we felt it necessary to do so. I really appreciate that iformation, Moyne!

. .))

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

~Crystal Paine~