Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ms Yukuko Tanaka's face massage

Level

Default Ms Yukuko Tanaka's face massage

I have recently found this massage and have been practicing it for a week. I feel my face toning and the skin literally glowing. So happy it is translated into English. Ms Yakuko Tanaka also has a body sculpting massage but I am not sure if it is available in English.

She follows the face/body lymph flow and as T-Tappers, we all know this is important.

Here - http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...aq=1&oq=tanaka you will see all the 4 parts of the face massage. First, Ms Tanaka is explaining and performing it on a model and then the model is doing the self-massage which is very useful as you can easily learn how to do it yourself.

It took me some 2-3 days to learn the routine and I am doing it once or twice a day and enjoying it a lot since I do see the results.

Hope you will enjoy that too

Tamara♦

The only bad workout is the one that did not happen

Level

Thank you soo much for that..I do believe we can reverse the signs of aging on our faces too....

:-)

Tapping for and in Spain
    since 2010 , only lost inches and weight...above that GAINED sooo much more :-)
    Auntie to 2 lovely girls and a teenage boy ( oh boy) and owned by a very special Maine Coon tom cat..

Level

I know of this massage, it has done the rounds for some time now. Its true that it comprises of some lymphatic movements but I hate it being labelled as lymphatic because it does miss out on some essential lymphatic points (for exampel although she has you going down the lines of the ear, she doesn't have you stimulate the ears themselves which are very powerful and lymphatic massage often has you press into the ears themselves and around them and you never treat just one area of the body (i.e. the face) but the lymph as a whole system (and it can be quite painful at times).

Having trained in lymph massage I can honestly say nothing comes close to lymph massage other than dry brushing. This massage technique is good, but its not really beneficial to be done daily as it will encourage stagnation. The premise behind both lymphatic massage and dry skin brushing is to stimulate the body to take action. This massage system was designed with oriental facial aging problems in mind and it caters for a lot of them, but should it be done daily - I'm not quite sure its wise. Every other day is probably a better way of doing it. I recall there was huge discussions about it on EDS and also on FlexEffect. Whilst the video is fantastic (and the English translation is needed) I think there are probably some very detailed points in the book that we should know of but don't as yet. Kind of like doing t-tapp without the instructions. Yes the movements may look the same but when you know the full picture and info you make the movements so much more powerful and effective and the same is true for this system I believe. I've not seen the body stuff translated as yet.

Level

Tamra, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I've been doing the massage for a week now and my face has really changed. It's so simple and easy and quick (unlike all the other face rejuvenating programmes I've looked at) and effective from the first time you do it.
    Sean, I understand that you have some reservations about it and appreciate your concerns. But I looked at some of the 26 pages on the EDS forum and most women there love this massage and have had no problems with it even with prolonged twice a day practice. And on the link Tamra gave, there is an English translation of the instructions.

Anyaway, for anyone who is looking for a free, easy, incredibly quick (around 3 minutes) and amazingly effective 'facelift' without surgery, chemicals and other harmful ways, I can warmly recommend it. I bought Facial Magic about a year ago and went through the lengthy process of learning it and doing it daily for quite a few months, but the result came nowhere near what I got with this after only a few days. And after a few months, I gave up with Facial Magic because I got really bored doing it as it took me at least 15 minutes every day.

Level

Maja, I am really glad you liked it. I've fallen in love with this routine and am also very pleased with the results. The routine can be quickly learned and it takes literally no time to do.

For the starter, I listened to the vids, printed out the pics so that I am not "tied" to my computer and can do the routine in the bathroom. Now I know the routine by heart and it takes no time to do and I love the feel and the look of the skin on my face. Here is the link to the pics, in case you would like to see them - http://tiawei.pixnet.net/blog/post/7959183 (scroll a bit down to see the pics)

I am hooked for life ♥

Tamara♦

Level

Quote Originally Posted by SeanyseanUK View Post
    I recall there was huge discussions about it on EDS and also on FlexEffect.
    Appreciate to get the link to this discussion. Would like to read it

Tamara♦

Level

Tamra, thanks for the link with pictures. I actually drew diagrammes and brief instructions from the vids and then learnt it off by heart. It doesn't take long to learn.

Here is the link to the other forum: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum....php?tid=36457

Level

Talking

Maja

Sure this will work great for some people, but not all people which is why I thought it was important. I've also been privy to some feedback from some posters on there not willing to go "public" with their results for the way some have been treated and I understand that completely - but like most things its never a question of just one thing being out of place when adverse results start showing up as this can be due to several factors.

For example this massage is quite lymphatic (which is a term I used when I first saw the original video before the translation was available - and is probably a title Mrs Tanaka would herself not apply) by its very nature and the pathways used but with that being said it can induce detoxing of the tissue (which is a good thing in my opinion) but of course some will panic when spots etc start appearing. Likewise depending on the medium used for the massage (and its particularly important to be weary if you have nut based allergies that your not using something with a nut base - as I've found a popular store in the UK has a rose type oil which is nutbased and that can of course induce similar reactions.

Likewise the translation of the video is only that - a video translation and by no means is it possible for it to be the full depth and course that the book has which probably provides lots of other advice and information. I do hope Tanaka does come out in an English version one day - and I'd be one of the first to put my hands up for reading it, but think its really important to share these thoughts. For example even in the Tanaka thread, there were some comments from people who had negative results, and likewise there were even threads started by others who had negative results.

For me, where the Tanaka does go really wrong is that it neglects both the ears (themselves) and the area in front of an behind the ears and the whole neck area. These are sooo lymphatic by their nature. I've often suggested to people who like this massage to ensure that they are doing little massages on the ears themselve and the areas behind and in front of their ears and its really simple and I'll detail for you and others to try out.

If you make a V share with your first finger and middle finger, and place the V around the ear (so first finger is in front of the ear and middle finger behind it) and briskly rub up and down, you will stimulate not only lymph, but circulation, connective tissue and even the ear cartlidge to some degree too in a matter of minutes. Not only that but you'll see that this increases the circulation across the whole face too (and can have a lifting effect dependingo n the amount of sag that has taken place in the mid face too).

Then using your thumb and forefinger, simply starting at the lower earlobe, make small circulation motions with the finger tip and thumb all up and down the ear. You may feel the ears getting a little warm (which is because of the circulation) and thats fine. Then using the forefinger massage the crevices of the ear again making small circular motions.

For the neck, I often tell people to simply point their chin upwards towards the ceiling, and then to take both palms and cup them and move up the neck several times - from the sternum up to the chin, and then down several times. You can do it swiftly palm following palm or slowly if you prefer. These two simple steps are really excellent lymphatic movements that are also very relaxing and really hit the two major places that Tanaka otherwise misses out on. Tanaka is a fantastic result of her method, but I'm sure there is much more substance behind it than this video alone shares (even though its a fantastic starting point) and my hope is that someday we'll have full access to her other works which are going to be gems I'm sure (and I pray that day comes soon!).

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    Sean, I understand that you have some reservations about it and appreciate your concerns. But I looked at some of the 26 pages on the EDS forum and most women there love this massage and have had no problems with it even with prolonged twice a day practice. And on the link Tamra gave, there is an English translation of the instructions.

Anyaway, for anyone who is looking for a free, easy, incredibly quick (around 3 minutes) and amazingly effective 'facelift' without surgery, chemicals and other harmful ways, I can warmly recommend it. I bought Facial Magic about a year ago and went through the lengthy process of learning it and doing it daily for quite a few months, but the result came nowhere near what I got with this after only a few days. And after a few months, I gave up with Facial Magic because I got really bored doing it as it took me at least 15 minutes every day.

Level

Sean, you're an absolute star. Thank you so much for explaining in detail what you think about Tanaka's method and for giving us the tips on how to improve on what she does. I'm sure having her book would be really good and I will be among the first to buy it, too, should it ever come out in English.

And with regard to this method perhaps not being suitable for everyone and people having different reactions - in my experience, this is the case with everything and I approach everything with caution. But Tanaka's massage, compared to a lot of things sold widely and freely (especially cosmetics) without any warning about the possible adverse effects, seems fairly harmless to me. But then I know hardly anything about lymphatic massage and the extent of its effects (apart from the fact that it has never done anything for my body, even massages by certified Vodder technique therapists).

And talking about body massage, have you seen Tanaka's version of it? I can only find a video on what seems like Russian you-tube. I'd be very interested in what you think about it, if you can spare the time, of course. Here's the link: http://rutube.ru/tracks/2656591.html?v=daa0d521a5e3a847888b4589099cdfee

Level

Where can I find some of the negative posts about this massage? I was anxious to start doing it but want to read pros and cons first.

Allyson

Mom to 3 boys - 14, 10, and 4. Married to my college sweetheart for 20 years.
    Active in animal rescue - primarily greyhounds and German shepherds
    Started TTapp April 2011 at a size 8. Goal is to be a healthy size 4/6 WITHOUT STARVING MYSELF!!