Thread: T-Tapp and Pregnancy

Default T-Tapp and Pregnancy

Ok, I would love to be pointed to the right threads to read about T-Tapp and pregnancy.

I know it is safe to do, and this is part of what drew me to the workout. long story short, after a traumatic loss in November followed by much weight gain, we are ready to start "trying" again in May. We have a pretty good track record of getting pregnant quickly, although we've had some losses and only two living children. I am doing really well with my inch loss but have yet to see a size loss and hate to lose momentum.

Questions would be: how do you track your "success" when our body is gaining from a pregnancy? Other than the moves where you lay on the floor (OIP/HF), what has to be avoided, or just go with what your body can do? What other advice can you give if we are successful? That will give me another full month of t-tapp and at the rate I am going, I anticipate it bringing a size loss, but in a way I feel like I will be taking a bunch of steps backwards if we do get pregnant in my body/fitness goals. Yet, that is not a reason in my mind to wait, because the gap between my youngest and any future babies is already too big.

Level

Alot of the things your want to read can be found HERE. You DO NOT track success in inch loss while pregnant, you would track it based on how you feel, reduced swelling, pain, more energy etc... OIP/HF must be omitted from the box movement AND Ladybug floor movement can not be done (Because you MUST do OIP/HF first to warm up and stretch the hips) The only advise I can give you now is be CONSISTENT and when you do get pregnant, listen to your body. I could easily fall asleep standing first tirmester... NOT a good time to force a workout. When you do get pregnant do not hesitate to email me with a question, or post it here on the MOMMY FITNESS FORUM.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (`*.Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
    .*)

http://fitwith6.com
    EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com
    VIRTUAL TRAINING

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Connect on Pinterest

Level

thanks. Part of me wants to wait since I am finding a program that actually is wroking for me, but I think that my weight is a silly reason to wait to have a baby. I will do some reading later when I have some time.

Level

I have now t-tapped through 3 pregnancies and did BWO+ at the beginning of the pregnancy and then quickly move on to MORE when I don't feel like I can do BWO+ anymore. The only moves that I eventually could not do was reaching between my legs on oil wells because my belly got to big! (and of course OIP--I also cut out all floor work). When you are pregnant, you have to measure "progress" by reduced back pain, more energy and more endurance. Then because you have kept your body moving and in shape, delivery and recovery will go better. Good luck to you!

Steph
    It's about progression, not perfection.

Mom to Lily-8, Vivian-angel in Heaven, David-5, Drew-3, Grace-1!

Here's my journey:
    http://www.t-tapp.com/success/seffie/default.html

Level

I also have to have c-sections because my last baby was a section and due to the size of my babes (last was over 10 lbs and the first was a premie but they estimate would have been over 10 lbs as well had she gone to term) I don't have any desire to pursue the additional risks of VBAC. SO that will put me in the "unable to exercise" pool for longer post-baby than a normal delivery would. I think I will invest in MORE then because right now I only have BWO+ and TWO, but I still haven't used my 50 percent off coupon.

Level

My first baby was natural and the last 4 have been c-section....MORE is a wonderful way to get back into things. I LOVE it when I am in need of something a bit slower paced. I really encourage you to get it if you can.

Steph
    It's about progression, not perfection.

Mom to Lily-8, Vivian-angel in Heaven, David-5, Drew-3, Grace-1!

Here's my journey:
    http://www.t-tapp.com/success/seffie/default.html

Level

I just want to say to not fret because you WILL grow and you Will shrink. I would focus on being healthy and in the best shape nutritionally and physically for this future baby. You will definetly have success with sticking to ttapp. I remember I could reach and put my hands flat on the ground while 9mos pg. That is way better than not being able to tie your shoes. I was so impressed with the amount of flexibity I had. I also remember washing my kids in the tub without complaining about bending over. You can do it. Just think how much easier it will be to get back into shape not starting from a larger size and not being fit! Also how much easier the pg will be on you!

Level

I understand your concern about going "backwards," but during this pregnancy so far (I'm 29 weeks) I have only gained in the waist and abs. I have even lost a little in the thighs, which I did not think I could/would do. I am wearing two sizes smaller maternity clothes than I did just 2 years ago. And the health benefits are too numerous to name. I could wear my pre-pregnancy jeans until 6 mos along, and even now wear them with a "belly band," so I know my rear isn't getting much bigger.

Now, I am a more to lose, but I have been able to keep my weight gain to the exact amount amount my midwife recommends for me (which is well below the "average recommended" amount). I also feel that being consistent through the pregnancy has set me up for a speedier recovery and smooth transition back into "harder" workouts after baby. T-Tapp is such a habit now, it would feel strange not to do it. (BTW, my 9 babies have all been between 8-10 lbs and I'm not quite 5' 1".)

Do get MORE. I found during the first trimester that it helped me not to overdo. I also took more days off in the 1st trimester. I plan to use it exclusively during my last 2 months. Additionally, I like TappCore because you can pick and choose the exercises you want to do and rest between choices. It's meant for "developmental bodies" and I think pregnancy qualifies for that on 2 fronts! One of the packages has MORE and TappCore together; you might want to look at it.

I hope this encourages you. Yes, pregnancy is a 9 mo to a year "break" from losing inches/sizes, but the health benefits still continue. And, after all, children are worth it!

Kara, who is making little choices every day

"The little things you do every day matter. Even when it doesn't look like they matter. By the time you see the results, the choices are ancient history."~Charlotte Siems
    Wife to my best friend, grateful homeschooling mom to eight boys and two girls, T-Tapped through pregnancy