Thread: Most effective workout for inch loss

Level

Default Most effective workout for inch loss

I'm still rather confused about which workout is the most effective for inch loss. Is it BWO+ w/ or w/o SATI or the Total T-Tapp workout or some other workout? I tried just the BWO+ and didn't really lose any inches. The results were I felt great and gained a lot of flexibility. I've managed to lose some weight these last few months and would like to tone up a bit to make it look better.

Level

Could I ask what yo mean by you just tried the BWO+? How long did you do it? Did you start with Instructional 1 first?

If you've lost weight, you may be having a rebalancing season while your body regroups. And if you're a less-to-lose, we don't see inch loss quite as dramatically as more-to-lose! (I've been both!)

I would say revisit the Instructional for at least a week, taking one day completely off. Also read the book and the Must Read Threads for tips on max muscle activation. That always changes, of course, as we get stronger, but I wonder if you're fully activating enough?

I have lost my 174 inches doing mainly shorter workouts (BWO+, MORE, Basic Tempo, SATI and TWO split up). I mean like 80% of my workouts over 4 years have been shorter ones--so it can be done!

Here's the link to the Must Read Threads:

http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.p...-All-T-Tappers

And here is Michelle's SUPER good advice about curling the core and shoulder/hip alignment--HTH!:

Teresa calls flattening the lower back "curling the core" due to the fact that many of us have a curve in that area and that’s the center or core of the body. This is a term that Teresa uses to help get Tappers to "tuck their body under" when the lower back (lower lumbar area) has a greater curve. There needs to be a "straighter line" - in other words, not a "sway back". When you tuck your butt, it is more than initiating the move from your butt or tailbone. Applying these tips can really take your workout to the next level.

Curl the Core - On the Floor
    If you are a beginner you might want to practice this first on the floor to get the feeling of it. Lie on your back on the floor with your knees to the ceiling, toes forward and heels near your butt, now press your shoulders into the ground, make donut fingers (making a "donut" with your thumb and fingers, then press the thumb into the index finger), then press hands into the floor to help activate the muscles equally. Make a "W" with your arms keeping the hands even with the shoulder, now tuck your butt so that the lower lumbar area touches the floor (with NO air space).

Curl the Core - Standing
    When you understand and "feel" this movement then get into the Plie stance and stand in front of a wall. Now press your back and shoulders against the wall. Make sure you press your lower back into the wall so there is no air space. You want to be able to do some Plies in that position, while keeping your shoulder and back (including lower back) pressed against the wall. You can also keep "donut hands" against the wall as well. This helps to engage your lats. Pull your elbows towards the side of your body and keep your hands down to shoulder level. This is the feeling you're working towards when you're tucking your butt.

Curl the Core - Sitting
    You could also do this during the day when you're sitting. Make sure to get your shoulders and hips in alignment, then I press your lower back into the chair and tuck butt at the same time. You should feel your stomach muscles engage. This can help shave off inches for your torso and abdominal area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you see a gain in the thighs it is a result of a few things with form:

1) not keeping shoulders in alignment with hips throughout the entire workout, but especially on Plies and Lunges

2) relaxing the thigh muscles at the top and/or bottom of each Plie and Lunge

3) not tucking butt enough throughout the entire workout and/or letting the butt go out on Plies

Shoulder to Hip Alignment: This is the most important linear alignment issue for T-Tapp. You have to get this down in order to get results with the program. It's really very simple, stand up straight and roll your shoulders back. That's it! Sometimes easier said than done. You need to concentrate on doing this throughout the entire workout. For example, if you are doing the Plies and you lean slightly forward, the butt goes out, which causes you to inactivate the muscle attachments in the stomach, torso, and thighs. You start to create momentum and isotonic movement and you will create bulk. This is a big tendency for Short Torso and Combination body types, so if you're in this category you need to pay extra attention to shoulder linear alignment during the Plies (and each and every exercise) to spot check yourself. You can read more on this subject in Teresa's article Importance of Shoulder Rotation/Linear Alignment found in the Newsletter Archives (
    http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?t=912).

Plies: Form check to make sure you have your heels right underneath your armpits and feet are at a 45 degree angle; it is not necessary to have a greater angle like a ballet dancer. When you begin to squat you need to tuck your butt - a full pelvic tilt until you feel your hip ball attachments activate. Now, try to go down into the Plie Squat while twisting your knees out further and further until you reach the squatting position. You are still balancing on the outside edge of your foot with NO WEIGHT ON THE BIG TOES! Your goal is to get your knees 2 inches past the little toe - you may not be able to get there yet, but it's a matter of flexibility that will come with time. HOLD YOUR SQUAT! Now tighten the Latissimus dorsi muscles (the lats - sides of your body where your bra strap normally is) to keep your upper body isolated and increase overall fat burning. Once you are ready to do Plies, concentrate on going into a squat like described above and then when you are coming back up against gravity you are going to TUCK YOUR BUTT HARDER and try to TWIST, TWIST, TWIST your knees out (if it helps try to twist from the hip ball joints) as you straighten your legs (should fully straighten at the top)...KEEP THE THIGH MUSCLES TIGHT THE ENTIRE TIME AND DO NOT REST THE MUSCLES AT THE TOP OF THE PLIE and then go back into your squat. This move will completely eliminate the inner thigh, outer thigh, hip and butt. The reason why you see the gain in the thighs is because you are probably not tucking the butt enough, the shoulders aren't in alignment, and you're relaxing the muscles at the top of the Plie. You just need to make sure that your muscles stay tight the whole time and you'll be able to reverse the bulk.

Lunges - General: The same form tips on Plies apply to the Lunges. Make sure that you keep the thigh muscles tight the whole time. Common error is to release the muscles as you come all the way up on the lunge. This defeats the purpose and you can actually build bulk. In the lunges make sure you remember to push/roll out your knees and tighten butt when going down with gravity, but it is even MORE important to push/roll out knees and tuck more as you come up. The lunges are like one continuous movement; you don’t want to pause at the top or the bottom. Once again you want to keep the shoulder to hip alignment. Don’t lean into the lunge because it will put pressure on the knees. If you have a problem with leaning into it you can actually lean slightly away from the lunge.

Front & Drop Lunges: Your back foot needs to be straight, no turnout. Your legs should be hip width apart; you’re not on a balance beam! Each time that you come up you need to lift your back heal so you are on the tippy toes. Apply the general lunge form for each of these lunges as well.

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

Quote Originally Posted by superstitches View Post
    I'm still rather confused about which workout is the most effective for inch loss. Is it BWO+ w/ or w/o SATI or the Total T-Tapp workout or some other workout? I tried just the BWO+ and didn't really lose any inches. The results were I felt great and gained a lot of flexibility. I've managed to lose some weight these last few months and would like to tone up a bit to make it look better.
    Instructionals. Any and all of them....

Lori

Do not be confused, I am NOT a trainer just someone who has been around for over 12 years and talks too much!

Hopefully one of the many Certified T-Tapp Trainers will be along shortly, with the most accurate information.

My Success Story

http://sewfrench.com/

Fort Collins, Colorado. Grew up in Old Town, Maine.
    Level

I'm always reminding people that it isn't necessary to do the "best" workout to get results. The "best" workout is the one you'll do with consistency. And furthermore, due to there being different body types, what's "best" in terms of producing the most inch loss is different for different people, and highly dependent on how good their form is. You could be great at one move and not so great at another.

Rather than focussing on which workout is "best," start with BWO+ and learn all the moves (Trish mentioned the "must read threads;" that will take quite some time to go through and put all the various hints and tips to use). After that, you could either move on to learning TWO by doing Inst.2, or go to SATI. Both have advantages; both are great!

The way to be slim is to act like a slim person

My flickr stream
    My tabblos

Level

And no matter what workout you're doing, focusing on form and consistency will give you the best results!

**Charlotte Siems**
    T-Tapp Master Trainer, certified in Senior Fit

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    Homeschooling mom of 12, size 22W to 6 with T-Tapp!
    email:
    charlotte@t-tapp.com
    FREE guides on Consistency and The Happy Home Backup Plan at:
    www.CharlotteSiems.com

Level

Pretty much no mater which workout, you have to know tuck butt "curl the core" and KLT. If you haven't master it, go back to practice what Trisch have up at her post before doing the workouts.

Ordered More and TWO on 7/7/2010, Started tapping on 7/30/2010.
    2011 January 30 Day Jumpstart Less to Lose Category Winner.
    2012 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    2014 60 Day Challenge Trainer/TnT Category Winner.
    Trainer in Training

Level

Quote Originally Posted by superstitches View Post
    How long did you "try" the BWO? How many clothing sizes do you need to lose? Do you have any injuries or seeing a Dr. for anything? Taking any meds? Are you nearing or post menopause?

TWO (Inst 1 & 2) is the core program for T-Tapp, BUT great inch loss can be seen from ALL workouts, be consistent and go to your max (even if that means cutting reps to focus on muscle activation and form) T-Tapp works by rehabbing the body from the inside -> out. So in the beginning you will notice things like, less mood swings, body aches of the knees neck or back, better posture, sleep, digestion, elimination, assimilation. Be consistent in whatever workout you choose and focus on form. You will achieve the rest.

Last edited by monica213; 01-11-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (`*.Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
    .*)

http://fitwith6.com
    EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com
    VIRTUAL TRAINING

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter

Level

I was just wondering, for anyone who has a hard time keeping there shoulders back all the time. Would suggesting that they do Broom on MORE and T-tapp Broom Master level Instr., be a good place to start since the Broom keeps the shoulders back all the time? Just a thought...Denise

Level

I have had some clients use some moves with the broom from MORE to know what the muscles and position is supposed to feel like with shoulders back. It can be an aha moment for many. (As long as the person doesn't have any major issues with their shoulders to begin with of course)

Last edited by LilDeb; 01-17-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling & run on sentence
    Deborah Etter
    Master T-Tapp Trainer
    ACE Certified Personal Trainer & Health Coach
    Certified Nordic Walking Instructor
    Middletown, PA
    www.At-Last-Fit.com