Thread: Muscle Activation

Level

Question Muscle Activation

So---can there be TOO MUCH muscle activation???

I keep wondering if I'm activating "too much" and making it harder for my adrenals to recover.

Jennifer
    Wife for 29 wonderful years
    Mom to 7 treasures--5 at home--ages 20, 17 (girls); 16 and 14 (boys); 12 (girl)
    Mamee to 3

T-Tapping since 2009

Level

I was at the Grand Rapids clinic this weekend and Kat (the trainer) had this suggestion regarding adrenal fatigue:

To address adrenal fatigue, PBS, Oil-Wells, and TTT stretches (not the entire TTT) work well because they drain the thoracic area which help heal adrenals. Only do these 3 moves until able to do more.

Disclaimer: I was doing my best to pay attention, but may have misunderstood and have the wrong information in my notes. Trainers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Lori French for the PM on this one.

Nickole

Level

I *knew* Nickole wrote it down! That is exactly what Kat said and also said that she got it directly from Teresa, because so many seem to be experiencing this.

I wouldn't think you would want to activate less, then you would just be going through the motions and that won't get you anywhere.

Seems a better option would to do less reps or just select moves as Nickole posted.

Lori

Do not be confused, I am NOT a trainer just someone who has been around for over 12 years and talks too much!

Hopefully one of the many Certified T-Tapp Trainers will be along shortly, with the most accurate information.

My Success Story

http://sewfrench.com/

Level

Thanks for posting this! These moves could also be done on off-days and not stress out the adrenals.

Keep in mind that there's muscle activation and there's going to 200% and "clenching" the muscles, so to speak. You don't need to go to 200%. It's easy for me to think I need to push myself harder since I'm a trainer, and then I end up wearing myself out.

Vicki Drobnis
    Tennessee's T-Tapp Master Trainer
    Certified in T-Tapp TWO, MORE, Senior Fit, YYC,
    Webcam, Skype and Video Review

Trainer Bio
    AVD Fitness
    vickid@t-tapp.com
    Facebook

T-Tapp: Bend it, tuck it, lift it!

Level

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyhead View Post
    I was at the Grand Rapids clinic this weekend and Kat (the trainer) had this suggestion regarding adrenal fatigue:

To address adrenal fatigue, PBS, Oil-Wells, and TTT stretches (not the entire TTT) work well because they drain the thoracic area which help heal adrenals. Only do these 3 moves until able to do more.

Disclaimer: I was doing my best to pay attention, but may have misunderstood and have the wrong information in my notes. Trainers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Lori French for the PM on this one.

Nickole
    Thank you, Nickole (and Lori for giving you the "heads up"). Can these moves be done every day or EOD? It is so hard to not be discouraged that I can't get through MORE once or twice a week!

Jennifer
    Mamee to 3

T-Tapping since 2009

Level

Quote Originally Posted by just7 View Post
    Can these moves be done every day or EOD? It is so hard to not be discouraged that I can't get through MORE once or twice a week!
    Yes, Jennifer, these moves can be done every day. Be sure to do PBS first before doing any twisting movements (like TTT) to warm up the spine. Just listen to your body. If it feels like too much, just do PBS or even skip a day if necessary. That's the beauty of T-Tapp!

Vicki Drobnis
    Tennessee's T-Tapp Master Trainer
    Certified in T-Tapp TWO, MORE, Senior Fit, YYC,
    Webcam, Skype and Video Review

Trainer Bio
    AVD Fitness
    vickid@t-tapp.com
    Facebook

T-Tapp: Bend it, tuck it, lift it!

Level

Thanks so much, Vicki! And your previous response was what my concern was initially! I was really beginning to think that I was going just that little bit "too" much.

Jennifer
    Mamee to 3

T-Tapping since 2009