Thread: How Long Is Bootcamp?

Level

Question How Long Is Bootcamp?

I have 50 lbs. to lose, or 4 sizes, 53 yrs. old. Just wondering what bootcamp schedule is recommended?

I have BWO+ and TWO for beginners/rehab (plus others which I have set aside for now). In a cleaning frenzy, I threw out the papers that came with my DVD's, which must have contained bootcamp info, and have not seen an "official" bootcamp schedule in the forum.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Luanne

Level

Hi Luanne,

I can email you a copy of the booklet that explains how to use the Total Workout, including boot camp. Please send me your email address to casey@t-tapp.com.

Definition of a “full workout” is doing one of the following:

• Both Instructional workouts back-to-back
    • Basic Workout Plus and Instructional 2 back-to-back
    • Beginner/Rehabilitation Workout
    To Tighten and Tone and/or lose one clothing size do a full workout:
    4 days in a row
    Then every other day for 2-3 weeks
    Then two days off between workouts for 2-3 weeks
    Once or twice a week to maintain results

To lose two clothing sizes do a full workout:
    7 days in a row
    Then every other day for 3-4 weeks
    Then two days off between workouts for another 3-4 weeks
    Twice a week to maintain results

To lose three clothing sizes do a full workout:
    10 days in a row
    Then every other day for 4-5 weeks
    Then two days off between workouts for another 4-5 weeks

To lose four or more clothing sizes do a full workout:
    14 days in a row
    Then every other day for 4-5 weeks
    Then two days off between workouts for 4-5 weeks

For Example: If you want to go from a size 18 to a size 10 you will go with the plan to lose four sizes. I know that 2 weeks straight working out sounds like a long time, but I've had customers lose a whole size in that time!

On average our customers lose about a clothing size per month. Some lose faster and some slower because everyone is different. You should see some inch loss each week, so make sure you measure to monitor your results! You can continue with the every other day schedule until you achieve your desired goal.

Additional Exercise Tips
    If you do the Primary Back Stretch on a daily basis (even off days) or before any physical activity, you will get better and faster results. This movement alone puts the body into alignment, strengthens the muscles around the spine, increases the metabolic rate 5-7%, increases neuro-kinetic flow (from the brain to the muscles and out to the extremities), stimulates the lymphatic system, and best of all... puts the body into fat burning mode in less than 10 minutes! The Primary Back Stretch is an excellent warm up for any workout.

No time for a full workout? Don’t worry! Just do the 15-minute Basic Workout Plus and you will maintain your results. This is real easy to fit in during the holidays and even on vacations. Try to get back on track with your regular workout schedule as soon as you can.

A smart exercise tip: It is actually better to do fewer repetitions with your best form, than it is to do as many as Teresa with bad form. Slower is better. Most newcomers have the impression that if they don't do all the repetitions they will not get the results - this is totally untrue. Everyone has his or her own personal max and each of us just has to push ourselves to that max. If you can only do 5 or 6 repetitions when Teresa is doing 8... that's fine! As long as you go to your potential and do the form correctly you will see the results, get stronger, and be able to progress to Teresa's level with time. It's a learning process in the beginning and its not easy, but trust me... the more effort you put in the better results you will see with inch loss and your overall health.

You do not have to diet with T-Tapp to get results. That’s one of the many things I love about this program. Basically, with the T-Tapp program you should eat everything in moderation. Don’t worry about a super strict plan. Teresa believes that you don't have to cut any food completely out of your diet. She knows that people are going to eat their carbohydrates and she has designed a straightforward plan that is easy to incorporate as a part of a healthy life style. If you are interested in learning more email or call us to request a copy of the God Made/Man Made dietary plan by Teresa.

Hope this helps!

Casey Ellis
    Former T-Tapp Employee, 1997-2011

Read My T-Tapp Fitness & Food Blog: Foodie In Motion
    Follow me on Twitter & Facebook!

"Exercise is your king, and nutrition is your queen. Together they create your fitness kingdom." -- Jack LaLanne (RIP)

Level

Thanks, Casey! I just sent you an email.

Level

Whoo-hoo!! Going for the bootcamp!!!

Good luck & enjoy your ride!! I'm sure your body will

Tara

T-Tapp Trainer, certified in TWO & HTF

Mother to 3 mermaids (& Poseidon)

IFPA certified

My Blog: www.tarachatzakis.com

Finding my way, with God by my side.

http://www.t-tapp.com/success/tarac/

Level

Thanks Tara -- and I like your tag line!

Luanne

Clarification please! In the brochure that came with TWO, it says what Casey says above but in the book it says, "Do a full T-Tapp Workout (fifteen-minute Basic Plus Workout or forty-five minute Total Workou)t"...

Is the 15-min. really enough for boot camp? Thanks!

Level

I think it depends on your physical fitness and your health. Basic workout plus was more than plenty for me for a boot camp and after almost 3 months I still don't do all of Basic workout plus and two on my long days. It is just too much for my body. I have still lost mega inches!

Terry

Started T-tapping on 3/12/10

39.50 inches down!
    Category winner 2010 60 day Challenge
    Home: Colorado

Level

Yes, Terry is correct.

Basic Workout Plus is enough for boot camp if you're at that fitness level. Once you gain strength and move on to the Total Workout level you could do another short boot camp if desired. A true boot camp is done using any T-Tapp workout (usually the Total Workout) that's longer than 30 minutes in length. However, the Basic Workout is okay for starters to use during a "boot camp" like workout schedule. Since Basic is only a 15-minute routine technically its okay to do daily without being concerned with overtraining. We recommend taking at least 1 day completely off per week.

The Total Workout (or any 30+ minute T-Tapp routines) should not be done longer than 14 days straight because of risk of overtraining. If you get to that point your body can hit a plateau and stop losing inches. With the T-Tapp program it's important to take days off in each week to allow your body to rest and repair your muscles. Less is more!

Boot camp is not necessary for you to get results with T-Tapp (but can jump start your results and get you in the mindset of exercising frequently). What's important is consistency. If you find that completing boot camp is a daunting task and difficult to finish (or wrap your head around), don't worry about it. Instead try doing the workout every other day (or at least 3-4 times/week for Total OR 4-6 times/week with Basic)... just be consistent and the results will come.

We have heard many success stories of those who are only doing a few exercises from TappCore or Try Before You Buy video clips and having huge successes with inch loss and other health benefits. If you can't fit in a full workout, add a few sets of Hoe Downs throughout your day. It makes a difference!

Casey Ellis
    Former T-Tapp Employee, 1997-2011

Read My T-Tapp Fitness & Food Blog: Foodie In Motion
    Follow me on Twitter & Facebook!

"Exercise is your king, and nutrition is your queen. Together they create your fitness kingdom." -- Jack LaLanne (RIP)

but dear can u plz xplain me what does this "14 days in a Row" and then then "Every Other Day " for 4-5 weeks mean..?? does it means to continue workout for more then one and half month daily widout day off or what ??? and my 2nd question is that during my monthly cycles i get sewer pain so i cannot even walk so how can i do bootcamp as i will not b able to continue the rhytm to do t-tapp .... plzzzzz guide me in detail for both the questions i've been doin t-tapp for more then 4 weeks bt still i havnt lost a single inchh .. instead i have gained xtraa one inch on my bust and thyies nd hips....

Level

What workout have you been doing? And how often?
    ~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~