Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BELLAPLEX SAMPLE WARNING

Level

Default BELLAPLEX SAMPLE WARNING

I heard good things about this product and ordered a free sample for $1.95 shipping and handling. Sounds okay, right?

WRONG.

For one thing they sent me this big package in bubble paper without their name it, just "Shipping Dept, PO BOX 9300 Jersey City, NJ 07303-9908"

I open it wondering what it is and it's $160.00 worth of product with an invoice stating that if I don't call their customer service Dept. than I'll automatically be billed $79.95 April 3 and again the same amount on May 3!

Outrageous. I phoned and got put on hold (never spoke with a real person) and got a message to leave a message and they'll call back. I did so and they never called.

I sent them an email off their website and still nothing.

This is so offensive to me. I asked for a sample, not to be roped into a pain in the buttocks we'll penalize you with inconvenience and shipping charges, etc., if you don't TAKE what you didn't order and we'll access your account to do so.

So any of you thinking of trying this product, be warned: This company's behavior is unacceptable.

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14
    "As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." 1 Corinthians 15:26

Level

Oh, and they are not listed in the BBB.org website anywhere I can find and in the topmost part of the label, it says Feb 26, 2010
    Mailed form ZIP 98003
    Standard Mail DBMC
    11.5 oz. Parcel Mach 5D

Then it says USPS STANDARD MAIL and then the addressing labels.

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14

Level

The company name is actually Urban-Nutrition.com

This is the page that started all the problems:

http://www.ws1alerts.com/?t202id=31198335&t202kw=

and interestingly enough, now it's two DIFFERENT products they're saying do the same thing and it's the same photos. I feel so deceived and foolish!

Last edited by pamelaw; 03-08-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Level

Pamela,

I got caught in the one where you order Acai and then get a cleanse with it. In the end I finally got a good number to call and got it cancelled on the last possible day. The lesson I learned is not to order from the internet on any free sample thing. If I want something I go to the HFS or where ever and buy it.l

Recently, I was looking at this free sample thing and DH said to me, "haven't you learned you lesson yet?" I guess sometimes I'm a slow learner.

BTW were you able to get the shipment canceled?

If not call your credit card company because they will have a number for you to call. I even canceled a credit card and was told that they would be able to continue charging that card even after it was closed if I didn't get it handled.

The people on the internet don't have scruples any more. I get calls everyday because of internet fraud. With all my knowledge and experience I still bought into a problem. Please everyone BE CAREFUL!!!

Pamela, I think that was the company I had my problem with!

((((HUGS))))
    Eileen

Level

Thank you, Eileen. I'm going to file a dispute with the credit card company to not process any further charges. I googled Urban Nutrition and complaints (I didn't know it WAS Urban Nutrition until after the package was opened) and there are so many complaints against them.

I wish all internet businesses were like Teresa, Carol Tuttle and Joan Schrader. I guess I got spoiled.

Thanks for the advice and commiseration. I needed both.

Hugs,

Last edited by pamelaw; 03-08-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Level

I too got roped into the one with the Acai berry and cleanse. Only I was stupid and paid for the shipping (sample was "FREE") with my debit card. I didn't realize until they had billed my account twice (4 x $79.). I called to cancel and they kept giving me the run-around. I had to cancel my debit card and get another one issued.

MS/LA Greylady

Level

I had a very nice conversation with my Credit Card holder and this is typical of 'samples' of any kind. She said at least this is IN the U.S. and not a foreign country (Urban Nutrition is a NJ company).

Then I got in my inbox 3 emails from urban Nutrition with 3 different return codes and it told me to print out their RMA form and it must be included. Well, my computer won't open that link because it's an unsafe website and makes my computer vulnerable.

So the lady at my Credit Card place said to print it out at Kinko's or the Library to protect my home computer, so DH will take care of that.

Then I happen to open my Spam folder and there's an email from urban Nutrition LLC with a copy of my complaint and different instructions. The gal is Wanda McKiver from Hydroxatone! She says to just include the invoice with her RMA number and to send it to the address she provided, which is:

Hydraxotone
    PO Box 9300
    Jersey City, NJ 07303

What a spider's web this company is. Wow.

Level

Thanks for this warning, Pamela. Sounds like a maze with a lot of dead ends trying to separate you from as much of your money as possible.

On the subject of free samples, iherb.com has a section I always peruse before completing my orders: http://www.iherb.com/Free-Samples It is a good way to try things if there are items listed that interest you.

Here's to your triumphing over the machinations of this corporation, Pamela.

Hugs,
    Vi

Level

ooooo how infuriating! I feel my irritation level going up just reading that!!! hope it gets worked out

Lucy

Level

I was able to quickly get this completely resolved thanks to the Better Business Bureau, I'm sure. What a relief! I'm off any of their lists, they told me keep the stuff, and even refunded the $1.95 price.

Whew!