Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do I begin? Which DVD?

Level

Default Where do I begin? Which DVD?

I gather there is more than one T-Tapp workout DVD. I was reading about this one:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Fabulous-Minutes-Teresa-Tapp/dp/0345484045"]Amazon.com: Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes (9780345484048): Teresa Tapp, Barbara Smalley: Books[/ame]

Is that a good place to start? How many times a week would I need to do it before I start seeing results? I'm so busy, the idea of 15 minutes a day sounds reasonable. Do you work up a sweat with this? I don't have a shower, just a bathtub, so I'd rather not get too worked up - I really just want to tone and strengthen.

Edited to say: After I posted this, I realized this is actually a BOOK. Is there not a DVD so you can watch the exercises being done and follow along?

Last edited by Muckler; 02-12-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    ~Mother of seven (born 1992-2009)~
    ~Wife of sweetest man in the world~
    ~Medical Transcriptionist from home~
    ~Daughter of the King of Kings~
    http://tinyurl.com/Freedom-4-Muckler

Level

That contains the written instructions for

Instructional one DVD which also contains and is named the Basic Workout Plus which is the fifteen minute workout and yes, with focusing on form and tighten you will sweat!

It also has the remainder of the workout for the Total Workout.

If you buy the Total workout DVD you will have what you need for 1st instructional, second instructional and Basic Workout Plus (15 min.) and Total Workout (45 min.)

If you just want Basic Workout Plus you can buy that, book is great for form tweaking and trying to get it just right. If you call and order the book at the same time as your DVD you get 30 % off, just ask about it and then the back of the book has a DVD for secret to a flat stomach and something else... I forget along with a coupon for more savings!

hope that helps

Wife to Jason 9 years, mommy to Larissa 4. , Gavin 2 and a half, and Neveah Ann 2 year old angel in heaven. April 24, 05 - July 13, 07

San Antonio Texas- Home to the 4 Time World Champion Spurs!
    Level

My personal favorite is MORE. It has 5 Workouts on 1 DVD. If you count the instructionals, even MORE! The regular WO's are about 20 minutes each and there are 2 (MORE Broom and MORE Step Away) that are even shorter and yet really get my heart pumping! I have quite a few of her WO's, but this is my favorite.

Piglet2u
    Never give up!

Favorite T-Tapp WO - MORE!
    Long Torso - Short Leg, 5'5"
    Estimated total inches to lose from starting point: 150
    1st Yr T-Tapping 6/18/09-6/18/10:
    42.325 inches & 31.6 lbs GONE! See post 1202 on MORE Thread
    Praise the Lord!!!

Work From Home - PM me.

Level

Smile

I started with just the Basic Workout Plus. I added other T-Tapp workouts in, but over my 3 year journey, 80% of my workouts have been short ones such as BWO+ and MORE! And I've lost 150 inches to date! From size 22 to a 10!

Better yet, I hardly ever see the chiropractor anymore, I am healthier and have more stamina!

I agree with piglet that MORE is excellent! I feel the Instructional is really good, and there are 3 shorter workouts on there for when you are really crunched for time as well as working your body a little differently. MORE Instructional is 40 minutes long (it's good to spend time with that, but at least do 4 days straight to understand the moves and establish mind-to-muscle connections), then the MORE workout (20 minutes), Chair (10 minutes), Broom (7 minutes), Step Away (9 minutes if you walk even when she's talking), and then MORE from My Home to Yours, which takes the 20 minutes workout and bumps it up a notch.

As far as sweating...well, you DO want to sweat because that shows the body is pumping blood, lymph, and working the muscles, which you need to tighten and tone all over.

This workout has been the only thing that has worked for me, and I'm a busy mama, too! So is Charlotte Siems, who is a mom of 12, pastor's wife, new grandma, and now she is a T-Tapp trainer! She went from a 22 to a 6! And it appealed to her, too, because of the "15 minutes a day"!

The book is nice as it explains the basis behind the program as well as has the moves with form tips, but the dvds are very helpful to have! The book does come with a dvd in the back that has a few moves on it (Organs in Place, Half Frogs, Hoedowns and Advanced Hoedowns) and she has form tips for those in the dvd.

When you order the book with your order over the phone, I believe they apply a 30% discount to one item, and you still have the coupon in the book when you get it to use another time for 30%! It's a great deal!

Feel free to ask more questions! Everyone here is SO helpful!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

I just want to add that you don't need to get scared knowing that T-tapp has helped these ladies lose so many inches and sizes. For you, I think that T-Tapp will definitely help you to tone and firm. T-Tapp is rehabilitative and you will start to experience so many health benefits that really have nothing to do with weight loss. I think that T-Tapp really helps every person...no matter what their needs or body type or weight or size. It starts where you are and just builds from there.

Jennifer
    Wife for 29 wonderful years
    Mom to 7 treasures--5 at home--ages 20, 17 (girls); 16 and 14 (boys); 13 (girl)
    Mamee to 3

T-Tapping since 2009

Level

"When you order the book with your order over the phone, I believe they apply a 30% discount to one item, and you still have the coupon in the book when you get it to use another time for 30%! It's a great deal!"

I just bought the book (twice in fact) and the 30% discount is for once. So if you want you can wait for the order you will place, just to "see" what you want to buy.

Just started 2.5 weeks ago and it's a great way of moving, of being in contact with your body and mind. Teresa is a great teacher. AND you can call the office anytime, they are so nice, they will explain whatever you don't understand. And in the forum, you will get great advices from many T-Tapp Trainers. It's really a great way of taking care of yourself!

I started with the DVD attached with the book, waiting for my order to arrive. Then I passed to #1 who's also BWO+. I still do sometimes at night the Fit & Fabulous DVD. Fast to do. Really. These two DVD are very helpful and you can do a long road just with them.

For the sweat part, it depends of your body. Some doesn't sweat that much in the real life... but these 15 minutes should get you a great workout, sweating or not! You will feel it after 2, 3 days of doing it.

Welcom and Have a wonderful time with the Olympics as you are in BC !

Johanne

Achieving Goals Doesn't Mean Solving Problems
    Achieving Goals Means Dissolving Resistance
    LL.

Level

The 15 minute workout is Basic Workout Plus, on DVD, and it comes with the instructionals, too.

Ordering the book, receiving a discount at time of purchase refers to buying it through T-Tapp,

not Amazon. The book itself, does come with a coupon in it for later purchases, but the

workouts themselves can only be bought through the T-Tapp website.

Lori

Do not be confused, I am NOT a trainer just someone who has been around for over 12 years and talks too much!

Hopefully one of the many Certified T-Tapp Trainers will be along shortly, with the most accurate information.

My Success Story

http://sewfrench.com/

Fort Collins, Colorado. Grew up in Old Town, Maine.
    Level

How/where to start depends a lot on you, where you are in your fitness, how much you have to lose, and your current limitations. While you've already gotten good advice from the others (perhaps enough to leave you confused), I suggest you look at this thread:

How to start and advance through the T-Tapp workouts.

The book is a book, that describes both the "Basic Workout" (i.e., the 15 minute workout), and the "Total Workout". The total workout includes the basic, plus additional moves to give you a 45-minute "full" workout. The book has a CD in the back, which demonstrates two moves, "The Secret to a Flat Stomach" (the moves are called, "organs in place," "half-frogs," and "elevators"), and "Hoe-Downs" (a move found in almost all the workouts, one you can do by itself, and one you'll see people mentioning frequently on these forums, due to its effectiveness in lowering blood sugar, blood pressure, etc.).

There are videos for the Basic and Total workouts, which you can only buy here at the T-tapp website (there are more of course, but this is where the average person would probably start). Both the Basic and second part of the Total (i.e., what comes after the basic moves) each have "Instructional" versions (which come either on the same DVD or on a separate DVD WITH the workout); "Instructional 1" presents the Basic Workout moves; "Instructional 2" presents the remaining moves that are in the Total Workout.

I do not have MORE, but as a faithful reader of these forums, I know that it is like the Basic Workout, only slower. It is more suited to people who are new to fitness, have more to lose, or have other physical challenges (injury to rehabilitate, etc.). Still, many experienced T-Tappers like it, because the slower pace enables you to really focus and "go to your max."

Hope my explanation is helpful. Best of luck to you. As a midwife I'm sure you're aware of the importance of keeping (or getting) fit during pregnancy. It's a shame so many women seem to see it as an excuse to sit around and "eat for two."

Last edited by MargieK; 02-12-2010 at 08:53 AM.
    The way to be slim is to act like a slim person

My flickr stream
    My tabblos

Level

Quote Originally Posted by MargieK View Post
    ... As a midwife I'm sure you're aware of the importance of keeping (or getting) fit during pregnancy. It's a shame so many women seem to see it as an excuse to sit around and "eat for two."
    Sorry, I'm not a midwife, though it is something that has crossed my mind over the years. I'm not too old to train for it when my kids are less dependent on me, I might do it, or maybe just become a doula.

Thank you all for all this info. Yes, it sure is a lot to digest and I'll have to come back and re-read to get it all. I'll have to pin down where the actual T-Tapp website is as I've come across it on various places on the internet but not saved any pages other than this forum.

~Mother of seven (born 1992-2009)~
    ~Wife of sweetest man in the world~
    ~Medical Transcriptionist from home~
    ~Daughter of the King of Kings~
    http://tinyurl.com/Freedom-4-Muckler

Level

Smile

http://www.t-tapp.com

That will take you to the main website!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~