Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry brushing-uneasy results

Default Dry brushing-uneasy results

Hey there,

I've been brushing for btwn 2-3 weeks and i have noticed an increase in spider veins. obviously im not happy with that lol. do i have to exchange cellulite free skin for new visible veins? lol

If someone from T tapp could let me know asap if this is normal or not cause it makes me want to stop brushing. i'm not happy bout that.

*also another question for T tapp staff: because i can't take the alfalfa pills, will the dry brushing still work on my cellulite without taking those pills? i do drink over 100 ounces of water a day.

Thanks for any help i can get.

Level

HI Bella,

About 50 to 55% of American women and 40 to 45% of American men suffer from some form of vein problem. Varicose veins affect 1 out of 2 people age 50 and older. Some cause of spider veins are:

• backup of blood in the veins (Due to venous insufficiency)
    • Hormone changes
    • inherited factors
    • exposure to the sun

Many factors increase a person's chances of developing varicose or spider veins. These include:

• Increasing Age
    • Having family members with vein problems or being born with weak vein valves
    • Hormonal changes. These occur during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. Taking birth control pills and other medicines containing estrogen and progesterone also increase the risk of varicose or spider veins
    • Pregnancy. During pregnancy there is a huge increase in the amount of blood in the body. This can cause veins to enlarge. The expanding uterus also puts pressure on the veins. Varicose veins usually improve within 3 months after delivery. A growing number of abnormal veins usually appear with each additional pregnancy
    • Obesity, leg injury, prolonged standing and other things that weaken vein valves
    • Sun exposure, which can cause spider veins on the cheeks or nose of a fair-skinned person

Not all varicose and spider veins can be prevented. But some things can reduce your chances of getting new varicose and spider veins. These same things can help ease discomfort from the ones you already have:

• Wear Sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun and to limit spider veins on the face.
    • Exercise regularly to improve your leg strength, circulation, and vein strength. Focus on exercises that work your legs, such as walking or running.
    • Control your weight to avoid placing too much pressure on your legs.
    • Do not cross your legs when sitting.
    • Elevate your legs when resting as much as possible.
    • Do not stand or sit for long periods of time. If you must stand for a long time, shift your weight from one leg to the other every few minutes. If you must sit for long periods of time, stand up and move around or take a short walk every 30 minutes.
    • Wear elastic support stockings and avoid tight clothing that constricts your waist, groin, or legs.
    • Eat a low-salt diet rich in high-fiber foods. Eating fiber reduces the chances of constipation which can contribute to varicose veins. High fiber foods include fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, like bran. Eating too much salt can cause you to retain water or swell.

The Benefits Of Dry Skin Brushing

• Dry skin brushing helps to shed dead skin cells, which can help improve skin texture and cell renewal.

• Dry skin brushing increases circulation to skin, encouraging your body’s discharge of metabolic wastes, which greatly aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. When the body rids itself of toxins, it is able to run more efficiently in all areas.

• Dry skin brushing also helps to tighten the skin because it increases the flow of blood. Increasing the circulation to the skin can also help lessen the appearance of cellulite.

• Dry skin brushing stimulates the lymph canals to drain toxic mucoid matter into the colon, thereby purifying the entire system. This enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood and other vital tissues detoxified. After several days of dry brushing, you may notice the gelatinous mucoid material in your stools.

• Dry skin brushing helps with muscle tone and more even distribution of fat deposits.

• Dry skin brushing also rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.

• Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health.

• Individuals who sit at a computer screen all day long will particularly take pleasure in the benefits of skin brushing. People who have inactive lifestyles or jobs usually experience stiff and sore necks and shoulders that reach even into their arms and down their spines and into their lower backs. Increased blood flow begins entering the areas brushed and you will experience an increase in electromagnetic energy that permits you to feel energized and invigorated.

• LADIES—Cellulite is toxic. Cellulite is toxic materials that are accumulated in your body’s fat cells as they are unable to be eliminated. So, rather than liposuction surgery, how about utilizing the “dry skin brushing” techniques coupled with an alkaline diet program and a great exercising routine. It will break down the unwelcome toxic body deposits and send them scurrying out of your body through the elimination channels we discussed above.

Alfalfa

We all know that the Premium Blended Alfalfa is wonderful. Most people notice within first week that their nails do not break as much and that their hair grows faster, thicker and longer. Alfalfa has been an essential part of the T-Tapp CRT Skin Tightening System because of how it helps FEED THE SKIN and promote collagen production. Ever wonder what it is about Alfalfa that delivers such unbelievable results? Alfalfa has been extensively researched over many years since the 1940’s. Check out http://www.purlife.com/medicago.htm to receive more information on the multiple benefits alfalfa delivers. Basically, alfalfa contains 8 digestive enzymes, numerous trace minerals (like calcium/magnesium) and high quantities of Vitamins A, D and E. It is also one of the few plant sources of Vitamin K and it’s a plant protein, which naturally assists the body in eliminating "puffiness" caused by water retention. In fact, the American Dermatology Association has clinically proven (published in May '99) that alfalfa reverses skin aging. Aging of the skin reverses because the nutrients in alfalfa help the body to produce its own collagen so that your skin can tighten, varicose veins can lessen and dark circles under your eyes can disappear (even without help from B12). For healthy, great looking skin Alfalfa is a MUST have. Alfalfa is also alkaline producing so it can help offset acid imbalance created from sugar, processed foods or meat. Our skin NEEDS alkalinity - most of us are too acidic. Alfalfa has also been clinically proven to be anti-cancerous and effective as an anti-inflammatory without any side effects. Great for those with arthritis, joint injuries or muscle soreness from overuse.

Our Premium Blended Alfalfa is optimal quality, organic and pesticide free. What makes it different from other brands of alfalfa is the way it has been processed; nutrients remain intact without any alteration to protein molecular properties. The special processing is the reason why you will not gain weight with Premium Blended Alfalfa as opposed to most other brands. Furthermore, there are NO seeds or sprouts in Premium Blended Alfalfa (important for those with Lupus). Also, the percentage of protein in Premium Blended Alfalfa is 25 to 27% (most good quality alfalfa is in range of 18-22%). The reason Premium Blended Alfalfa has higher protein percentage is because the crop is sprayed with ionic minerals during growth.

Last of all, alfalfa has been reported to help the body with hormonal balance. The reason why alfalfa supplementation (not sprouts) stimulates the Pituitary Gland, which in turn regulates estrogen balance including internal release of Human Growth Hormone (shown in clinical studies at the National Institute of Health).

QUESTION:

will the dry brushing still work on my cellulite without taking those pills? YES!

Hope this helps!

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
    ¸.•*´¯)

http://fitwith6.com
    EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com
    VIRTUAL TRAINING

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter

Level

Wow!! Michelle what wonderful info!!

Hugs,
    Bev

Bev

I am 61 and stronger than I have ever been and more than ready for this next stage of life. I plan on keeping my muscle strength, bone strength and flexibility through t-tapp way into my 90's. Think of all the fun I am going to have the next 30 years!!

Level

Thanks for tryin to help Michelle :-)

Ive got another question about dry brushing. I noticed there's other methods of dry brushing out there. Others contain brushing the entire back as well and neck, etc...Do we not need to include those in t tapp's method of brushing?

Also, is it possible to do a 2nd brushing later in the day for cellulite prone area (back of thighs) to really treat the area, without doing the whole head to toe steps that i do in the morning?

Thanks for any info i can get :-)

Level

Bella75 - sure, you can brush a 2nd time later in the day. You can that area alone, but when you do the entire sequence first you get better lymphatic stimulation.

Casey Ellis
    Former T-Tapp Employee, 1997-2011

Read My T-Tapp Fitness & Food Blog: Foodie In Motion
    Follow me on Twitter & Facebook!

"Exercise is your king, and nutrition is your queen. Together they create your fitness kingdom." -- Jack LaLanne (RIP)

Level

My skin is prone to spider veins and I remember in the beginning it seemed as if they were increasing but not the case now, I believe they are so much better!

Lucy

Level

Thumbs up

I do add the back to my routine, just brush up and around the torso. I also have been known to brush my abs every time I enter the bathroom. I have only ever followed Teresa's guidance for skin brushing, and have had amazing results with it. There is tons of info out there, but remember tons of misinformation too.

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
    (¯`*•.¸Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
    Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
    ¸.•*´¯)

http://fitwith6.com
    EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com
    VIRTUAL TRAINING

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
    Follow me on Twitter

Level

Thanks for all the info Michelle! I must have missed this earlier. I didn't realize alfalfa could help varicose veins. Mine popped out a couple years ago & are getting worse (spreading). I'll just have to brush more.

- Shari

Level

Great info Michelle!!

I absolutely adore my brushing, my skin has never felt this good!!
    I also find that I don't need moisturizer as often as I used to now, my skin just doesn't need it. It's healthier!!!

I also use alfalfa & B12.

I love all my T-Tapp products!!

Before I forget, I wanted to know how often should I replace my brush?
    If, in fact, it needs replacing. I use it twice daily and it feels a bit soft now, either that or I'm getting used to the feel, I don't know!!!
    Also does it need washing regularly?
    Thanks guys!!

Last edited by TaraC; 06-22-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: to add a question
    Tara

T-Tapp Trainer, certified in TWO & HTF

Mother to 3 mermaids (& Poseidon)

IFPA certified

My Blog: www.tarachatzakis.com

Finding my way, with God by my side.

http://www.t-tapp.com/success/tarac/

Level

Hey Tara,

Usually brushes should be replaced every 6 months, mainly because they get soft after frequent use. A new firm brush is invigorating!

Casey Ellis
    Former T-Tapp Employee, 1997-2011

Read My T-Tapp Fitness & Food Blog: Foodie In Motion
    Follow me on Twitter & Facebook!

"Exercise is your king, and nutrition is your queen. Together they create your fitness kingdom." -- Jack LaLanne (RIP)