Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Choose and Advance Through the T-Tapp Workouts

Level

Default How to Choose and Advance Through the T-Tapp Workouts

From my most recent T-Tappenings e-newsletter. I thought it worth posting. If you'd like to join my free e-newsletter, visit http://www.boxofpolkadots.com/ttapp.html

"There are so many videos, where do I start?"
    "What should I buy next?"
    Here are the answers!

Getting started with T-Tapp? Regardless of your current fitness level, choose from:

T-Tapp MORE 4-in-1 - workout for those with more health concerns, candles on the cake, weight to lose and rehabilitative needs.
    Basic Workout Plus - aka the 15-minute workout. For those short on time or with a lower level of fitness.
    Basic Workout Plus w/SATI - same as above. Also includes the Step Away the Inches walking workout.
    Total Workout - for total body sculpting and those in general good health; includes Basic Workout Plus.
    Total System - Includes Total Workout plus the Cellulite Removal Technique (CRT) system for skin tightening and smoothing.

Do you already own one of the above? If not, do not pass go or collect $200. Return to the top of this article and choose one of the "Getting Started with T-Tapp" options. Intermediate workouts to use after becoming firmly grounded in the basics (as above):

Basic Workout Plus to Tempo* - latest version of Basic Workout Plus.
    Step Away the Inches - T-Tapp-style walking (in place) workout.
    Broom Workout - incorporates T-Tapp Step Away techniques plus the use of a household broom to achieve muscle activation.
    Hit the Floor - 30-minute floor workout focused on the rib to hip area.
    Tempo Torso* - full body workout targeting the torso and mid body; approx. 30 minutes.
    Tempo Arms* - full body workout targeting the upper body and arms; approx. 30 minutes.
    Tempo 2* - the latest version of the total workout; a head-to-toe workout; approx. 45 minutes.
    Tempo Lower Body* - full body workout, including standing and floor work sections both targeting the lower body; about one hour total. Make sure you work on Hit the Floor for a while before getting this one.
    Total Workout SuperSlow** - total workout workshop style; it's a long one!

Do you already own one of the "Getting Started" options AND feel confident and strong in your practice of intermediate level T-Tapp workouts? If not, read no further (I mean it - no jumping ahead of yourself!). Advanced workouts:

Step it to the Max - ready to step up your SATI? This is the next level; 40 minutes.
    LadyBug Workout - created to combat hormonal mid-body fat storage; includes one hour of both standing and floor work with techniques for advanced levels of muscle activation.
    Critter Crunch** - a relative of the LadyBug workout; a little over an hour, covering additional floor moves.
    Hit the Floor Harder - feel HTF is a piece of cake and can't get enough Organs in Place and Half Frog situps? Try this hour plus of advanced level quick-paced T-Tapp floor work.
    Maxi-Max Workouts 1, 2 and 3 - nothing shorter than an hour. Each workout includes both standing and floor portions. These move at a pretty good clip so you need to have form down solid.

Specialty workouts:

Foot & Finger Fitness** - have foot or finger issues or want to keep such things at bay? This is for you.
    AM Stretch** - T-Tapp-style stretch workout.
    Sit Down T-Tapp VHS w/FREE CD - a 20-minute seated T-Tapp workout for use at your desk or for those with limited lower body strength or mobility.
    TappCore - designed for use with students, these minute-moves can also be used to sneak T-Tapp into your day.

*Tempo workouts have a smooth steady pace with less verbal instruction than starter and instructional workouts.
    **Workshop-style - filmed at the 2007 Safety Harbor T-Tapp Retreat. Slow pacing with very detailed verbal instruction.

Last edited by brngckn; 02-28-2009 at 07:48 AM.
    Kirsten, the Travelin', Flyin' & Hoopin' T-Tapp Trainer from TX
    Master Trainer/Trainer Mentor, MBA
    **Certified for all levels - Total, MORE, LadyBug, YYC, Video/Internet/Webcam **
    FOR FURTHER INFO:
    Want 20-30% Fewer Wrinkles?
    Classes, Workshops & Training
    Trainer Mentoring
    Email
    Facebook
    Twitter

Fort Collins, Colorado. Grew up in Old Town, Maine.
    Level

Default I nominate this as a "sticky thread"

This needs to be at the top where all newbies will see it. Either that, or prominently displayed on the "must read" threads. We seem to get a lot of questions related to this (and occasionally ones from people who bought the wrong workout for their ability level).

The way to be slim is to act like a slim person

My flickr stream
    My tabblos

Level

I second the nomination--motion carried?

Glad to see this here--already printed it to save!

**Charlotte Siems**
    T-Tapp Master Trainer, certified in Senior Fit

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    Homeschooling mom of 12, size 22W to 6 with T-Tapp!
    email:
    charlotte@t-tapp.com
    FREE guides on Consistency and The Happy Home Backup Plan at:
    www.CharlotteSiems.com

Level

Smile

All in favor say AYE! AYE!

Great job, Kirsten! Thank you for taking the time! Loved your "do not pass go" advice!

~ .. )) -::-
    . .))
    ((. .. Trisch -::-
    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
    ~Crystal Paine~

Level

Oh I'm so thrilled to have found this. I'm so new and yet wondering, how to add variety or progression eventually. I've been confused and wondering what to purchase next! Thank you Kirsten!

Level

Kirsten, can I share this with some of the people on Facebook who have been asking me about T-tapp? I'll include the whole thing so they can subscibe to your newsletter?

Nora Brown
    (working on getting healthier)

Level

Talking

Great post Kirstin! I am constantly trying to decide which workout to purchase next and appreciate the tips!

Last edited by skoch; 02-28-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Level

Quote Originally Posted by norabrown View Post
    Kirsten, can I share this with some of the people on Facebook who have been asking me about T-tapp? I'll include the whole thing so they can subscibe to your newsletter?
    Sure, Nora. Just make sure my name and contact info is on your post somewhere. If anyone has questions that you can't answer, I'm happy to help.

Kirsten, the Travelin', Flyin' & Hoopin' T-Tapp Trainer from TX
    Master Trainer/Trainer Mentor, MBA
    **Certified for all levels - Total, MORE, LadyBug, YYC, Video/Internet/Webcam **
    FOR FURTHER INFO:
    Want 20-30% Fewer Wrinkles?
    Classes, Workshops & Training
    Trainer Mentoring
    Email
    Facebook
    Twitter

Level

any information available about the warm up stretches DVD? I have been thinking about adding this on "off" days. I noticed that it is 111 minutes long. Is it set up so that you need to do the whole thing or can you select individual stretches?

Level

This is really useful for me. I live in Australia and with the poor exchange rate the postage is now $62.00 AUD. Quite prohibitive, especially if you end up buying the wrong thing.