Thread: Laminar Crystals, anyone use them?

Level

Default Laminar Crystals, anyone use them?

Hi Ladies,

I was thinking of ordering some Laminar Crystals from Joan and was wondering if anyone uses them and what you think of it. What do you use them for?

Thanks!

Mary Ann

Level

I made a pad with them by sewing pockets into a pillowcase and filling each pocket with an ounce of the crystals. We use it for areas of muscle tension or aches. Everyone who has tried it says, "oh, that feels nice", but we can't really describe it more than that. One friend tried to take it home with her! When I've done everything else for a kid with a mild pain, I'll send them to bed with it and they finally stop whining. So, it does something, but I'm at a loss other than to say, "it helps you feel better"! LOL The common thing adults like to use it for is to drape across their shoulders and back of neck.

-Moyne
    Holistic Health Life Coach

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Level

oh boy, something to try and add to my order Wonder if they help with sleep? My dh has been so stressed he doesn't sleep well at all. hmmmm

Master T-Tapp Trainer Jennifer Kent
    Paying it forward & Empowering You!
    Minnesota based traveling to you!

Certified to teach ALL T-Tapp movements including Senior Fit & Brain-Body Fitness! BWO, TWO, Floor, MORE & Ladybug + Yes You Can & TappCore
    Health & Wellness Coach specializing in Inch-Loss, Natural Pain Relief, Nutritional Cleansing & Stress Management

Let's T-Tapp Together! email me
    Online SKYPE Sessions, Private Coaching & Training

My T-Tapp Story

Level

Default Laminar is SOOOOO relaxing

Many people find when they have a sore body part (LOL) they wrap their pillow (which is really just a thin layer of mica) around the painful joint and great relief comes. My dogs LOVE this - and truly I think many animals are so much more in tune with the universe anyway! Being the higher species does not always make us the smarter species!!

I posted this on the old mag thread a long time ago but will tell you from personal experience - the Laminar is amazing. We were building a spa where the Laminar was was about 4 feet deep and surrounded a huge ceramic bowl (big enough for 2 people). I was cutting & pouring the Laminar and literally was thigh deep. What a rush!! The energies from this are very cool. When used in this spa the person would sit in the bowl filled with Prill water and added Magnesium Oil. Around the rim of the bowl was the laminar and one could feel the energy flowing into the bowl.

You do not have to believe in universal energies - just enjoy the benefits!! When combined with discharging the static electricity we all accumulate and MO - he should be down for the count!!

Joan Schrader NAP
    Nemenhah Medicine Woman
    Naturopathic Doctor
    Master Herbalist, Reflexologist, Aromatherapist
    Health And Wisdom Inc.
    President

www.health-and-wisdom.com

Home of USP quality Magnesium Oil! Relaxation never was so easy!

"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."

Level

ohhhhhh, your spa sounds amazing!!! Do you have any pics? Maybe need to take a trip from Minnesota and come for a visit

Master T-Tapp Trainer Jennifer Kent
    Paying it forward & Empowering You!
    Minnesota based traveling to you!

Certified to teach ALL T-Tapp movements including Senior Fit & Brain-Body Fitness! BWO, TWO, Floor, MORE & Ladybug + Yes You Can & TappCore
    Health & Wellness Coach specializing in Inch-Loss, Natural Pain Relief, Nutritional Cleansing & Stress Management

Let's T-Tapp Together! email me
    Online SKYPE Sessions, Private Coaching & Training

My T-Tapp Story

Level

Default WOW!

Well, I got my order this evening, I actually had my youngest at a church function this evening and my girls were at home when my daughter called to tell me I got a package )

Can I just say WOW! Didn't realize how BIG 4 pounds of Laminar Crystals was (duh) So I guess I will be making LOTS of snuggies.

I also got some Prill Beads, now I see why Joan says to keep them in their little bag, they are TINY! The Prill Beads I got in the past were not as little so I didn't need a bag.

Okay Joan - my package arrived this evening at about 6:30 p.m. by UPS - I already repackaged the Mag Gel so I will get it out tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Mary Ann

Level

I had a quick question about the Laminar Crystals....can they be put in the tub water? Would that help anything?

Thanks!
    Mary Ann

Level

The Fine Ground Mica is the powdered version of the Laminar Mica Crystals. This FG Mica is used in the ultimate bath to increase energy flow. The reason we use this instead of the Laminar is because of the finer grain to avoid plugging any drains!! It is the same product and helps with energy flow. You could put a bowl of the Laminar at the top edge of the tub and see if you feel any difference!

Joan Schrader NAP
    Nemenhah Medicine Woman
    Naturopathic Doctor
    Master Herbalist, Reflexologist, Aromatherapist
    Health And Wisdom Inc.
    President

www.health-and-wisdom.com

Home of USP quality Magnesium Oil! Relaxation never was so easy!

"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."

Level

Joan, could you put the Laminar Mica Crystals into a mesh bag for the bath like the prill beads? And if so, could it be reused?

Level

Default string theory

Last night I watched Known Universe on NatGeo, which dealt with gravity and Einstein's theory of relativity. I rewatched a video I'd bookmarked when I was trying to wrap my mind around quantum mechanics, showing matter changing behavior if there's a watcher -- http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=EpSqrb3VK3c.

Today I searched videos for more mind-boggling information, videos being easier on my poor brain than scientific text, and found this one on string theory. About 57 seconds into it -- http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=_B0Kaf7xYMk -- it says that some scientists believe reality is made of super-small strings that resonate. Although a lot of scientists and non-scientists, too, would deny the credibility of Joan's quote, below, some very intelligent people are busily explaining just how or why Laminar might work!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanS MH View Post
    Many people find when they have a sore body part (LOL) they wrap their pillow (which is really just a thin layer of mica) around the painful joint and great relief comes. My dogs LOVE this - and truly I think many animals are so much more in tune with the universe anyway! Being the higher species does not always make us the smarter species!!

I posted this on the old mag thread a long time ago but will tell you from personal experience - the Laminar is amazing. We were building a spa where the Laminar was was about 4 feet deep and surrounded a huge ceramic bowl (big enough for 2 people). I was cutting & pouring the Laminar and literally was thigh deep. What a rush!! The energies from this are very cool. When used in this spa the person would sit in the bowl filled with Prill water and added Magnesium Oil. Around the rim of the bowl was the laminar and one could feel the energy flowing into the bowl.

You do not have to believe in universal energies - just enjoy the benefits!!