Thread: Garlic for sinus infection?

Level

Default Garlic for sinus infection?

Several of us in my household have some sort cold/infection (green snot....sorry if TMI). Coughing, lots of mucous, lots blowing noses, hard to breathe, headache, sore sinuses, etc. I remember reading about garlic on here and how it is better than some antiobiotics. Will taking garlic really get rid of an infection like this? Or do I need to do other things also. I don't have the time/money/energy to run to the HFS, but I really don't want to go in to see my doc either.

Marnie

Marnie

Level

I just busted another sinus infection with garlic. I use the softgels capsules and for 2-3 day's I'll take anywhere from 6-12 tablets every couple of hours. I don't count-I just pour some out in my hand so the number is never the same. My husband only did this 3 times a day with about 6 capsules at a time and it did not work. I tried to tell him he needed more, but of course he seemed to know what was best...he ended up at the Dr. and getting an antibiotic. I get my garlic at wal-mart. I just picked up 400 capsules for under $6.00

Renee

Level

I have garlic clove EVO that I rub on the bottom of our feet and then bundle them up. It helps relieve the congestion and stop coughing overnight. I do this several times during the day and just before bed.

Chopping up a lot of garlic and warming up some good quality honey and mixing them and then swallowing a teaspoon of it helps a lot, too.

We keep ear drops from the co-op handy and as soon as any sniffles start with our DS, we put the drops in the ear. It is a mixture of really good oils and he's not had an ear infection since we've done this protocol.

Taking a few drops of MMS mixture knocks it out fast! Really fast. We also take lactoferrin to boost the immune system and vitamin D helps a whole lot, too.

Our DS is too young to use the neti pot, but we use it with comfortably warm water and salt/baking soda mixture. It dissolves the congestion and with the addition of baking soda truly soothes the membranes and kills many germs.

I hope you all get to feeling better.

Pamela

Level

Dr. Christopher's herb book says to put cloves in between your gums and cheek. My sister tried this when she had a sinus infection. Her sinus' drained a couple of hours later.

T-tapp Trainer, New Hampshire
    ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed NH & ME
    http://massagebyjane.com

Level

Four cloves of garlic = and adult dose of penicillin. If the dose of antibiotics is 3 times a day that would be 12 cloves per day. Do not cook the garlic.

Joan Schrader, MH
    Health And Wisdom Inc.
    www.health-and-wisdom.com
    In life's adventure to find ultimate peace one must harmonize body and mind. Take control of your health ~ by increasing in wisdom. Increase in wisdom by improving your health.