Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Tapp & CRT - Just not working for me

Level

Default T-Tapp & CRT - Just not working for me

I have been tapping for over two years and brushing for six months. I take alfalfa, B12 Plus. I was using PG Spray but we can't get it in Canada any longer.

I have not experienced any results. I am consistent, three TWO/week, PBS, OIP, HF and HDs on off days, weekends off. For a while, although there were no "measurable" results, I thought that something was happening. Not any more. I stopped measuring, weigh myself once a year at my physical and try not to get too caught up in the numbers. I brush twice/day, every day. My skin is looser, I see more celulite these days than before.

I guess I am wondering whether T-Tapp simply doesn't work for some people. I like the WO, but after two years, am wondering what is wrong. I pay great attention to form and have revisited the instructionals. Occaisionally Sue Fetzner (sp?) does a workshop in the Toronto area, but unfortunately the timing has been such that I haven't been able to attend. Any tips? Thanks.

Mary

Level

Hello Mary,

Well, it certainly sounds like you have been consistent! Just a few of my rambling thoughts... I know that there are times when my cellulite looks worse than others, depending on hydration, etc. I know that I am a person who needs quite a bit of cardio to carve off the cellulite. What is your diet like? Are you a less to lose person? Sometimes hormonal issues can also be a factor. How do you think your form is? I know that I thought I was going to flat back, but when I checked myself out using mirrors, I really wasn't (that is just 1 of my issues...I am also stronger in my right leg than the left and hold the klt less effectively in the left, for example) I found out some of these things on my own and others were pointed out to me during the measurement analysis that Michelle Barbuto offers as part of her T-Tapp on line courses.

Level

Mary, I admire your persistence. I too, have seen no *measurable* results yet. I do, however, feel much better when I tapp. I have had issues with my right shoulder and had physical therapy which helped a great deal, but tapping has helped it even more--I have no pain at all when I am consistent with t-tapp. My back also feels much better. Gemma brought up some good points. I am sorry I have no tips to add to hers. Hopefully some others will chime in with other thoughts.

Laura

Level

228 views and only 2 replies. It must strike a chord with people.

I, too, have been tapping for nearly 2 years (in Oct) and have not lost any sizes or really any inches. I remember reading early on in the forums to give it 2 years. I have nearly given it 2 years and am not sure what I will do at the end of the two years. I have been to a clinic, worked with a trainer via email and have sent a dvd to the home office (and tried to incorporate the tips I got back). I have been consistent - 4-5 workouts a week. Actually earlier this summer I had to take 2 weeks off because I had vertigo from a car accident. I lost 6 inches and 5 pounds by the end of those two weeks. I started back tapping and I gained back all those inches (and a couple more) and the 5 pounds. Not sure what that means.

So I am bumping this up for Mary and others.

Ann Marie

And I know someone will ask... yes I am less to lose (size 10, could be 6), combo.

Level

quote:Originally posted by mrsa1993

228 views and only 2 replies. It must strike a chord with people.

So I am bumping this up for Mary and others.

Ann Marie

And I know someone will ask... yes I am less to lose (size 10, could be 6), combo.
    Well, I think it's only up a few days over a US holiday weekend.

Reading over what mp1/Mary said, it sounds like she did everything I would have suggested as a newbie. The only thing left is to make major efforts to get to a trainer (video yourself and send that, maybe--try that yet?). But one thing I don't know is what size Mary is stuck at where she was hoping to go.

Ann Marie -- It may be your body is just "content" at your current size and shape. Are you in good physical shape? (I would think so after this much effort, all this time!)

But, are you in better physical internal shape (blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc) than before you started? Has ANYTHING improved at ALL? Do you have more time because you exercise less often?

What do your parents and other members of your family look like? Did anything stressful happen in your life during this time?

Aw, maybe y'all are just perfect as you are! I admire your perseverance!

Maybe some of the trainers will chip in.

==>neurokinetic connection ==>neurokinetic connection

Level

I also admire both of your consistency to the program, and giving it two years, and noticing benefits other than loss. Some standard things I ask myself when I'm not seeing progress are things like, "How's my diet? Water intake? Am I really paying attention to form, or breezing through it?"

The workout gets progressively harder for me to complete, so if that's not happening for you, it may be a form issue. It sounds like y'all have addressed that, though. It's easy for me to get out of form, though, on days when I am tired, distracted, etc., and I really have to pay attention.

All of those thoughts aside, were there other things you did before that did work? Though you both have proven the maxim that the workout you'll stick with is one you will do, maybe it's time to shake up your routine and try something different, especially if something else worked for you before. You could still do BWO+ a few times a week for the lymph pumping action, and maybe some HDs after high-carb meals or when you are feeling a slump...those benefits will still help in addition to other methods you may do for your exercise.

I'm a LTL and combo/short, and my results have been slower than others, yet I feel the toning and tightening and so that keeps me going. Plus, T-Tapp rehabbed a leg problem that nothing else helped with.

I wish I had more encouraging words! I do think y'all rock for sticking with it even though you saw no measureable results.

Have other people made compliments to you, either on your appearance or demeanor? Sometimes other people see things in us that we have trouble with, and we just chalk it up to, "Oh, they are being nice."

In any case, best of luck to you with what you decide to do next! And keep reading, posting, etc, in case you miss T-Tapping and decide to come back to it.

Take care,
    Harper

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Stick to the fight when you are hardest hit. It's when things seem worse that you musn't quit.
    --Anonymous

Level

As a person who originally lost a few sizes, then gained due to some outside complications, and cannot even YET get back to the "lost size" - I now see what a lot of what went wrong. Online help is great BUT you need one-on-one help- from a session or class. Get thee to a session - where are you in Canada (I'm in South Ontario)? OR find a trainer who can do web cam training - this does mean you'll need one as well. I just past my two years - and when I first lost, there were mirrors all over the house (mirrored closet doors and walls - nope, I did not do it) so wherever I trained, I could see my form. We moved, and while I did not gain back everything, I did gain - due to improper form (hey, didn't I do it this way before???- obviously not). However, the health benefits far outweigh (um no pun intended) the sizes - and now I know I am on the right track for the sizes as well. So, while I have been consistently TTapping, which has officially avoided a recommended knee replacement, I know I will now start again to lose the inches. I went to a session with Sue F who comes into Ontario fairly regularly, and now I'm doing a fantastic online course with Michelle B - BUT I'm getting more out of it after having a live session.

Editing - ooops, just re-read and realize you are in S ON, so fyi Sue said she was planning on a session in Oct in Toronto or Windsor or even London at a dance studio - just depends on turnout for the Aug ones. What about going to New York at all??

Mary - don't give up on TTapp! I found out I was recently doing plies wrong, and that's why my thighs got bigger! In favouring my knee - I stopped doing plies going ALL the way up - meaning straight leg (not locked knee) - I thought it was better for me NOT to straighten! Once this was pointed out to me, my thunder thighs lost their extra gained inches, and I am now on the track of losing more on them! (and strangely, my knees actually feel better too!)

Some of us (like me) just have to learn how to do TTapp properly, and the sizes will still come off slowly. But I look in my closet at the clothes I used to HAVE to wear (they fall off me now, but I keep them to remind me!), and I know I am on the right track.

Please post and let us know how you are doing now!

-Paym

Level

I so echo Paym on not to give up on T-Tapp; there are so many benefits we gain from this method, and from the skin brushing (exercising the largest organ, the lymphatic and cardiovascular benefits of that). So if you want to do something else for loss, maybe just keep BWO+ - ing and brushing for the health and wellness benefits.

I know that people on the forums hear over and over "pay attention to form." It's the best advice, though -- each move is designed in a specific manner, in a specific sequence, to obtain optimal results.

Even when I do the instructionals, and THINK I've got the form down, I am pleasantly surprised at the correction and tweaks learned in clinics. I've been to two clinics in the past year; at one, Teresa led the clinic, but area trainers were there as well, and they walked through and helped us with tips and tweaks and the like. At another, Kirsten led the clinic, and she demostrated moves on each side of the room first, watched us all to make sure we had the form, then had us hold moves so she could walk among us and tweak our form.

I've been T-Tapping since March of 2007, and each time, learned something about how I'd been "relaxing" on form, if that makes sense.

Anywho. Though I am a T-Tapp champion, I'm also a champion for whatever a person does to aid their health and wellness, and so would just encourage you to keep exercising, and find a way to fit in T-Tapp 2 or 3 times a week with BWO+ and brushing for your health and wellness.

Take care,
    Harper

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Stick to the fight when you are hardest hit. It's when things seem worse that you musn't quit.
    --Anonymous

Level

If you are doing T-Tapp with true isometric contraction, it works~! You could get a video critique from some of the trainers, I'm not sure which ones provide this service. You could call the office and ask.

The other thing is that it could be a hormonal issue. I was sooooo frustrated in my inability to lose. In 2006, I was diagnosed with low thryoid, and then in 2008, I was diagnosed with yeast syndrome (caused by the thyroid issues). Both affect the hormonal system in your body. If your hormones are messed up, then it doesn't matter how much you exercise, nothing budges. You could get a blood test on your thyroid and allergy tests to see if you have yeast. I have blogged my experience on my myspace blog.

It took me 4 years, but I'm now down to my setpoint size of a 6-8. Most of it came off quickly (2 months) once I got off the offending foods I was allergic to, causing constant inflammation.

http://www.myspace.com/k8stertexas

Good luck figuring out your health puzzle~!

<h5>Kate -::- Queen of Everything plus 3 boys! -::- </h5> Trainer in Training, Houston
    http://www.myspace.com/k8stertexas

"We are so often caught up in our DESTINATION that we forget to appreciate the JOURNEY, espeically the GOODNESS OF PEOPLE we meet on the way. Apreciation is a wonderful feeling; don't overlook it." (Thanks everyone~!)

Level

Hi Mary,
    Alfalfa actually keeps me from losing. While I love the TTapp workouts and find them very effective on their own, alfalfa is another story. I don't know if this could be a problem for you but thought it was worth mentioning. Doing the workout without the supplements gave me much better results.

Hugs for all of your efforts. I know it's so frustrating not to see things change. You are definitely dedicated to have stuck with it!

* 5'3" and currently a size 14
    *Tryng to get down to an 8