Thread: Isometric excercises and TTapp

Level

Default Isometric excercises and TTapp

I am a on again off again Ttapper who is on again, but prior to restarting this time I have been doing some purely isometric excercises. These are the types of exercises where you hold a position and really concentrate on activating the target muscle. These excercises are very intense!!!

Anywho I have found that practicing this type of excercise has actually helped me improve my t-tapp movements because I am more aware of my body and can really focus on tucking harder and activating my muscles to the max.

I started back with basic workout plus and with really activating my muscles and concentrating I almost felt faint after the first workout. I was laughing to myself that I actually had to lay down after a 15min workout.

Lower Body Tempo is my FRIEND!!!

Lena, Illinois- about two hours west of Chicago; about one hour from Galena, Il. & Madison, WI
    Level

A few thoughts to consider:
    Unless the light headedness is severe, it is best to walk it off. Step in place.
    Be careful that you are not holding your breath. That might cause light headedness.
    Check your pulse, if you get light headed.

Carol Heinrich
    T-Tapp Trainer-NW IL
    ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    Lifeforc.net

Level

Carol gave you great advice. Also,you could be de-toxifying and that has been known to make people feel sick, light-headed or headache. Let us know if it continues.

Jill Brightbill
    T-Tapp Trainer
    IFPA Certified Personal Trainer
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    http://www.t-tapp.com/trainers/jillbrightbill/
    jillb@T-Tapp.com
    Tapping since 2001

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Level

Oh the lightheadness was not as bad as all that. I should of emphasized being totally exhausted from a 15min workout more. That is what I was so suprised at. I have done this workout so many times in the past - but really emphasizing the muscle activation turned the workout up a lot and wiped me out!!! []

Level

Katiana,
    When applying Isometrics to your T-Tapp work outs, and you should after all it is a Key element of the T-Tapp Formula, you need to remember that this is a Progressive workout. I can assure you that if you engage isometrics to your MAX in any of the movements you will be wiped out. This level of effort will exhaust the targeted muscle groups and leave you coming up short on the rest of the workout. T-Tapp workouts are designed to exhaust primary muscles and then as you get further into the workout engage the less used (supporting) muscles. If you fatigued yourself too early in the workout your supporting muscle groups never will have an opportunity to get engaged to build or burn their share of fat!
    Start easy with Isometrics and as you progress with Proper Form and endurance you can begin to increase in moderation your Isometric strength. You really need to monitor your self to achieve the balance between Proper Form, Isometric fatigue level and completing the entire workout sequence (Consistency).

Stay with it, you are on the right path!

Dantheman

Level

Great advice Dan!
    I am ita with not going to full muscle contraction at the beginging fo the workout - however for BWO+ I do ramp it up from the very beginging to end depending on how my form fairs to get the most out of the 15mins. Now if I was doing Tempo I would definitely take the intensity down so I could make it through the whole workout.

Really studying/practicing isometric moves and Chinese tensing has really helped to improve my T-tapp form. [^]

Level

Dan, thanks for sharing that info, I had wondered about the 'max' thing many times, so this was great to read.

Katiana, I know what you mean, it's pretty amazing, isn't it?? 15 minutes, who'd have thought???

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places. But still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.")

http://www.myspace.com/prydwen

T-Tapp Testimonial: http://www.t-tapp.com/success/lisawalter/default.asp