Thread: alfalfa's diuretic properties

Level

Default alfalfa's diuretic properties

I was just reading a book about eating clean and the author mentioned that she makes sure not to take her vitamins,etc in hte morning because she drinks a cup of coffee and the diuretic effect of the coffee would wash too much of the vitamins away.

So, I'm wondering if that's true and if it holds for the alfalfa too?

I know Teresa said that alfalfa doesn't interfere with meds and such as far as that goes, but it definitely has a diuretic effect on me so could it be washing stuff out with it since I take them all together at certain times during the day?

Not sure how I would stagger it tho with all the stuff my NP has me taking... lol

illumination is dawning new understanding; I will not look back

Jenn Harpole ~ Friend Me!

Level

ok, so I called the office to get info and this is what I found out: (I don't know if I can do it justice, but I'll try to repeat it correctly) lol

Alfalfa isn't a diuretic. It feeds the cells and causes them to not need to hold onto the extra water they're holding onto. It's like they say, "hey, ok, we can let go of this now."
    Unlike coffee that actually takes excess water out of your body on it's way out, alfalfa is not dehydrating.

The secret is in the vitamin K and I'm supposed to read up on that to find out more.

Thanks to Lauren for the cool info. She did a much better job of explaining it than I did, but hopefully I got the gist of it right. lol

peace and love![:X]

Level

Jenn, did they say whether the alfalfa gets washed out with the coffee though?

Level

Hmmm. I didn't think to ask that. Good question. If someone doesn't pop in answer it here I'll call the office and bug 'em again next week! lol