You can find out what your current D3 level is and improve it! We have a special opportunity with MyMedLab -- read more at https://www.mymedlab.com/t-tapp/t-tapp-vitamin-d-experience and on our forum Home page.

Thread: How can I get urine out of my car seat (new car)

Level

Default How can I get urine out of my car seat (new car)

OK ladies, I need your help. I have a new car with cloth seats (should have held out for the leather...) and I had something happen yesterday that I am trying to deal with and need your help.

While at my sis's taking care of my parents, my nephew found my car keys and went out to my car - along w/his little dog and they BOTH (at least I think it was both of them) urininated on the drivers seat!!!! I did my best cleaning it at my sis's and when I got home I used Febreese on it.....but it still smells.....I don't know what else to do. I normally only use nontoxic cleaners and such but I honestly don't know what to do with this. The color is beige...and I am allergic to bleach, so I can't bleach it. I was thinking white vinegar. I would hate to see the color change so fast (it is 3 weeks old), but the color fading is the least of my concerns right now. In order to drive it today I am going to layer several towels and bring a change of clothes with me....I have no idea what is going to 'cling' to me....

So, as you can see, this is quite a dilemna. Do you have any suggestions? I know alot of you have small children...this must have happened to someone before. I just can't believe this....I really wish I had the leather about now....

Thanks for your help!
    Kathy

Kathy

"Health depends on being in harmony with our souls."
    - Dr. Edward Bach

Kathy

\"Health depends on being in harmony with our souls.\"
    - Dr. Edward Bach

Level

You could try white vinegar or putting baking soda on the seat and letting that sit overnight (the baking soda, not the vinegar).

Febreze won't kill the smell, only mask it.

Good luck.

Cheryl

Progress pics (updated 04-11-08)

Level

If the white vinegar doesn't work (which I'd bet $50 it will), use Bac-Out, an enzymatic cleaner you can get at the health food store made by Bio-Kleen.

Moxie
    http://www.askmoxie.org
    You are the best parent for your child.

Level

I've had good success deodorizing things using borax water in my carpet cleaner. I've had sick cats and they peed on my things to get my attention and it really works.

Pamela

Level

And baking soda! I would clean the area real well with the vinegar and/or the BioKleen. Rinse real well, which will help to dilute not only the urine but any left over cleaning solution. Then continue to layer the towels to sit on. This will create a wicking effect to pull out the moisture, along with it pulling out the offensive smell. When our pet had an accident on the floor we'd dilute the area real well then put a thick towel over the area with a heavy book to wick out the moisture. Place a plastic garbage bag between you and the towels to keep yourself dry. Then when you're not in the car, sprinkle the area real well with the baking soda and if the weather is good, leave the windows open to help dry the area. Vacuum away the baking soda.

Good luck! Hope whatever you try works fast!

Michelle

Level

Bed Bath and Beyond (and probably other places) have a product called Urine Gone. It's specifically for urine and it's supposed to remove all traces...stain and smell. I believe it is enzyme-based. HTH!

Meredith--Down from a 14 to a 6!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sweat may be gross, Sweat may be stinky... But I'd better keep Tappin' or I'll look like a Twinkie!!

http://www.pondiferous.blogspot.com/

Level

I am soooo sorry for you! that must be really frustrating.

My sister once had a cat get accidentally locked in her car and it wet and messed and whatever product she used totally took the stains and smell away. Wish I could remember what it was.

Also, enzymatic cleaners say they work best if they are your FIRST option. Using another cleaner first can sometimes 'set' the stain and the enzymes can't break it down properly--at least that is what I have read on certain labels.

Here are some links I found that might be of interest http://www.urine-removal.com/dsp_enzymes1.cfm http://odor-solutions.com/index_a.ht...FSYuagodL1VT4w

Good Luck!!

~ A Happy Tapper! ~
    I found the answer to my search for the 'perfect' diet http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=9458

Level

Oooh, Moxie, I love Bio-Kleen!

Kathy, whatever you try, the best of luck to you.

Crystal

Level

Level

I second Nature's Miracle, its great!

You can get it at Petco too.

"My mother once said to me, 'Kitty, once you're past fifty, every fifteen minutes it's breakfast."
    --Kitty Carlisle