Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe to eat molasses everyday?

Level

Default Is it safe to eat molasses everyday?

I read that molasses is a great source of iron. Is it ok to eat a tablespoon a day or should I not do it?

Level

Good question Jill,

I'd like to know the answer also since I just bought some and I am VERY low on iron and hope this would help.

Here is a link to my thread entitled Natural Ways To Up Iron....hope it helps some

http://forum.t-tapp.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65425

Mary Ann

Level

I've been taking that much daily Jill. I don't see why it wouldn't be safe as it is a food. I know of no ill affects on me. I'm a little weirder than most that have posted about blackstrap molasses...I like the taste of it!! [] So, I'm pretty sure to take it!

~Rose

"You are Mommy and you are Rose!" Zachariah age 3
    Proud homeschooling mom of 4 very interesting boys!!!

Level

I've been taking a tablespoon in the morning and one at night and have had no problems. When I first started taking it I was concerned about my potassium and realized how good it was for my iron levels. When I went to give blood I was always just a little low and they wouldn't take it. Now, it's perfect.

((((HUGS))))
    Eileen

Level

It is great - except for anyone with diabetes. And even then, if the molasses is mixed with water and THOROUGHLY mixed with the saliva to pre-digest it, there should be little glucose reaction. Dr. Christopher, Dr. Lust and other recommend 1 tablespoon three times a day. There is a book by Cyril Scott called "Crude Black Molasses" that is quite informative - if you can find it!

Joan Schrader, MH
    Health And Wisdom
    www.health-and-wisdom.com
    In life's adventure to find ultimate peace one must harmonize body and mind. Take control of your health ~ by increasing in wisdom. Increase in wisdom by improving your health.

Level

Two easy ways to take molasses; in your coffee,(tastes like a caramel latte), or in a smoothie. If you add enough things to the smoothie; it's difficult to taste.

www.thechicpeach.com

Level

I love molasses, soy milk and banana in the blender - YUM.

I also add molasses to my raspberry and other fruit on hand smoothies along with a handful of raw sunflower seeds and some raw unhulled sesame seeds and it is delicious and satisfying.

pamela

Level

I read somewhere that although molasses is high in iron, it is also high in calcium, which prevents the molasses from being absorbed by the body. Anybody know whether this is true?

Sonja

Level

I started adding black molasses to my milk every morning. Someone here suggested that I might need more magnesium because I was getting leg cramps doing OIP.
    I love the taste of it. And, so far, no more leg cramps. Don't know about the iron/calcium stuff though.

Crunchy Beth

Level

Sonja - Black Strap Molasses has the right balance of the nutrients and will be handled by the body correctly when taken raw. It is when we process natural foods and heat or extract the parts that makes them unusable. Most important with any food or drink is to thoroughly mix these with the saliva to predigest them. We gain 35-60% MORE nutrients from our food/drink when we do this.[^]

Crunchy Beth - generally leg cramps or Charlie Horses are a sign of Calcium deficiency. The Calcium in the Molasses may be just enough to supplement YOU. Yeah!!

Joan Schrader, MH
    Health And Wisdom
    www.health-and-wisdom.com
    In life's adventure to find ultimate peace one must harmonize body and mind. Take control of your health ~ by increasing in wisdom. Increase in wisdom by improving your health.