Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Whip for Dead Skin Removal

Level

Default Miracle Whip for Dead Skin Removal

Does anybody do this regularly to remove dead skin? I have on and off for a few years now and it is amazingly effective and cheap. Thing is, I'm wondering if ingredients like soybean oil and high fructose corn syrup are okay for my skin. I certainly would never eat that stuff!!

Level

I would be more concerned about the oiliness than the sugar. (A number of cosmetic ingredients that are based on sugar or glucose are very beneficial and kind to the skin.)

The simple answer is that if you've been doing it for years and your skin benefits from it, then carry on. Just keep an eye on your skin on a day to day basis and if you notice any clogged pores, breakouts, redness etc then stop.

Gisele
    www.4sensitiveskin.com

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Level

Thanks Gisele. I've no problem with the residual oiliness - a lot of it comes off as I gently rub my skin to remove the miracle whip mayo and loosened dead skin. Then I just wash thoroughly with a gentle cleanser. It's just so effective and non-irritating as far as skin sloughers go but I think I will only use it once or twice a week as I don't like the idea of my body absorbing the HFCS and soybean oil even in small amounts in my skin.

Level

Have you tried a homemade sugar body scrub?
    http://www.pinkofperfection.com/2006...ly_weekend.php

Life is just a bowl of cherries. Don't take it serious, Life's too mysterious...

Level

I've heard about it, but haven't used it yet. I understand that the reason Miracle Whip is better for exfoliation than regular mayo though is because of the added vinegar.

Level

Regular mayo doesn't work - you'll just get painful zits. Miracle whip is incredible for exfoliation. The dead skin comes off in balls. Your skin feels really smooth and soft afterwards.

Anyway, Kim, yes I have tried other natural scrubs like sugar in the past. They're just too irritating for my skin. Thanks for the suggestion and link though.

Level

SO you just what, apply and wait a few minutes for Miracle Whip to work?

"Women may be the only group that grows more radical with age."-Gloria Steinem, 1983

"I don't know what the key to success is - but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."-Bill Cosby

Level

what do you do? wash your face first, then scoop some out & massage it in?

keep movin'..the path shows up behind you...

Level

Just apply a thin layer of Miracle whip to your face (avoid around eye area), wait up to 10 minutes and then using your fingertips, gently rub your skin in a circular motion. Dead skin will start coming off in small balls. Keep doing until most if not all dead skin is removed. Wash skin thoroughly to remove residual oil.

Again, do not use regular mayonnaise. Your skin will be sorry.

Level

Hi Ya!!!!!!

Kind of stupid question but what's the difference between miracle whip and mayonnaise??? I mean I make mayo at home and but it in my hair and I've put that on my face and I don't remember having issues (will have to pay more attention). Could it be I'm not adding something in my mayo that would cause problems??? Would I be better of making miracle whip for my face and if so how do ya make miracle whip???

HugS!!!!!!!!!![:X]

Once apon a time a girl was born as happy as can be. But with time she would look in the mirror and say," Who's that? It can't be me!" For in her minds eye she was strong, healthy, and could do anything. "So you see that girl in the reflecting glass could NOT be me." But at last she know it was true, so she set out on a great quest. With T-Tapp, health food, and a new sence of herself by her side, she traveled the unbeaten path. And with every curve she knew, with all her heart and soul, that one day (maybe soon) she would look in the mirror and say, "I was never lost, but now I'm found. And I'm HAPPY with who I am now and with who I was because if I wasn't that way I wouldn't be where I am today." And with that she keeps on walking with a smile in her heart and an open soul, knowing that when she comes to that mirror she has total faith in what will unfold. ---- The story of my life