Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oxycise...

Level

Default Oxycise...

After doing a lot of reading on previous threads about this, I decided that even if it doesn't help with inch/weight loss, more oxygen is a good thing, and I might get other nice benefits. I still wasn't willing to spend $30 or more on the videos, but I did see the book on Amazon and ordered it...it has the workout explained and demonstrated. There were several people on Amazon selling the used books for like 30 cents! For that price, I figured what the heck. Others (individual sellers) had new copies for just a few bucks.

Of course NOTHING compares to T-Tapp! I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has thought about trying Oxycise too, but was unwilling to spend the money...like me.

MoTappin (Meredith)
    Tappin' since 5/10/05
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sweat may be gross, Sweat may be stinky... But I'd better keep Tappin' or I'll look like a Twinkie!!

Just tuck it, okay?

Meredith

Level

Let us know what you find out wheny ou read it. And if you get any good tips! HSN used to sell a machine called oxyciser, same principle, I guess, to get oxygeninto your body. I'd love to know what the book says! I'll have to check out my library.

Jean

ETA: I just checked out my library and they have 3 vhs tapes, a beginner, level 1 and level 2. I am going to check them out. BTW, I was thinking this reminded me of Bodyflex, too! I wonder who was out first???

Level

Meredith -

My mom has the tapes (bought them many years ago). She did them a few times.... I must say it is one of the most frightening things to witness someone doing the Oxycise workout. The woman on the video sounds possessed... I just used to sit and laugh (alternating with jumping out of my skin) when my mom would try to do it.

Can't beat the price you paid for the book! Let us know how it goes!!

HUGS!

--Jen

You're just jealous because the voices aren't talking to *you*!

Level

There is another one like it called Bodyflex.

Tina

"The ultimate in being healthy is to operate at full throttle—physically, emotionally, and spiritually."

— Oprah Winfrey

Level

I found out about T-Tapp through Oxycise. When I was having serious knee trouble, I was desperate and tried Oxycise. I remember it really made me dizzy, and everybody was telling me I wasn't exhaling hard enough. YOu can do just the breathing without all the excercises. It's really good while driving in a car, and great for the abs. I'll get my video out and do it with you. We can take some deep breaths together. It might be good to do on T-Tapp off days.

Level

a dear friend of mine uses Oxycise and likes it. She gave me a tape of it and it was so boring I couldn't personally stand it. Still and all, Jill answers questions personally and is very helpful to her clients. I prefer BodyFlex, which I need to do daily for my lungs. I stopped for a while (don't know why) and now I am struggling with a bad bout of pneumonia. It is scary and I know better.

I am doing BF again and it really helps clear the fluid/phlegm out of my lungs. I LOVE T-Tapp for overall physical therapy and Teresa does laps around Greer Childers (the woman with BodyFlex).

If you want to do oxygen exercises, I prefer BodyFlex program, but Greer is inaccessible and rather flighty, so don't expect product/client support from it like we get from Teresa.

Hope this helps.

pamela

"So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due season we shall reap if we do not tire out." Galatians 6:9, NWT

Level

I tried Bodyflex ages ago and didn't notice much of a difference (inch/weight loss wise), but it did make me feel good getting all that oxygen in...I even bought her book back then. I don't even know if I still have the tapes or not???? It would be good for me to do some breathing exercises as I know how important oxygen is!

Marie

Level

quote:Originally posted by mbecker

I tried Bodyflex ages ago and didn't notice much of a difference (inch/weight loss wise), but it did make me feel good getting all that oxygen in...I even bought her book back then. I don't even know if I still have the tapes or not???? It would be good for me to do some breathing exercises as I know how important oxygen is!

Marie
    I,too, tried it and agree that the increased oxygenation is good. I started it several years ago when I was recovering from a bad cold and I noticed an immediate improvement in the way I felt. As I continued doing the floor work over time(on all fours and deeply inhaling close to my carpet) I decided that did not agree with my sinuses. I must have been inhaling dust.

Once I discovered T-Tapp I gave up BodyFlex but I have my audio tape tucked away somewhere and maybe I'll resurrect it and copy it to my mp3 player. It is a good thing, even if I'll look silly during my commute to work.

Mav

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun's out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light within.

~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Level

I still have my BodyFlex tapes, don't use them. I also had Oxycise. If you look at the people who use Oxycise you will see they have the same line in their faces from the way you inhale. I don't like the look. I did BodyFlex for 6 months with no results. I did like how I felt though.

IMHO T-Tapp is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I don't have the results others do, but I have back and knee problems and T-Tapp helps me. PBS is the best tool in my opinion. I also love Oil Wells and T-Tapp twist for my back. Oil Wells are wonderful for Sciatica and TTT is great for Spinal Stenosis.

((((HUGS))))
    Eileen

Level

Oil wells are my fave! Love it for the abs, too!

Yeah, I've heard about the face line thingy, so I'll have to see what I think from the book. But perhaps the breathing technique itself will be beneficial.

But I'll always agree...Tapping is simply superior!

MoTappin (Meredith)
    Tappin' since 5/10/05
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sweat may be gross, Sweat may be stinky... But I'd better keep Tappin' or I'll look like a Twinkie!!

Just tuck it, okay?