Thread: Fibromyalgia and T-Tapp MORE The Workout

Level

Default Fibromyalgia and T-Tapp MORE The Workout

I am a 62-year-old, overweight (40# or more) grandma who has been challenged for ten years by the widespread pain and disabilities of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Each time I have made a little headway with exercise machines, videos and DVDs, my body feels good while doing the exercises. But soon setbacks (Fibromyalgia flareups or injuries)have kept me from sticking to the program and making progress.

I know my body well enough to take it very, very E-A-S-Y. That might mean fewer reps and five to ten minutes of exercise daily.

From what I have read, the "T-Tapp MORE - The Workout" is probably the only place to start as it mentions it is for people with health issues, MORE candles on the cake, tempo is slower, exercises less, modifications, offers rehabilitative instruction, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue.

My question is not so much where to start, but can this really work for someone like myself. I would like to hear from anyone who has experienced the same challenges as me.

Are you pleased with the T-Tapp? How do you define success with this program? Is there another form of exercise that might be even better?

Thanks everyone!

Level

I don't know about fibromyalgia, but arthritis runs in my family. Before Christmas this year, I had gone in to see the doctor about my knees bothering me. I'm only 36 and I couldn't believe that arthritis might be hitting me, though my grandmother and father both got it at about this age. The doctor set me up for a blood test to see if that's what was going on. However, I misplaced the form for the blood test and then Christmas happened and everything just got put off. I started doing T-Tapp faithfully after Christmas and I realized the other day that my knees have not bothered me in about 2 1/2 months. I was shocked to realize it. Before, I couldn't even sit down without my knees killing me when I tried to walk again. I'm also overweight and my weight hasn't been falling off like I would like, but to be able to move is worth so much! My back is also in much better condition. I used to go to the chiropractor, but since T-Tapp, when I need an alignment, all I do is bend over and do some head rocks, and my spine snaps into place. A small pelvic tilt re-aligns my lower back and the exercises are helping to keep it that way, so I do it less and less.

I would say give it a try, but do take it easy, and just do as much as you can. Your flexibility will increase and you'll be able to move a lot easier.

Becki

Level

I don't know about fibromyalgia, but arthritis runs in my family. Before Christmas this year, I had gone in to see the doctor about my knees bothering me. I'm only 36 and I couldn't believe that arthritis might be hitting me, though my grandmother and father both got it at about this age. The doctor set me up for a blood test to see if that's what was going on. However, I misplaced the form for the blood test and then Christmas happened and everything just got put off. I started doing T-Tapp faithfully after Christmas and I realized the other day that my knees have not bothered me in about 2 1/2 months. I was shocked to realize it. Before, I couldn't even sit down without my knees killing me when I tried to walk again. I'm also overweight and my weight hasn't been falling off like I would like, but to be able to move is worth so much! My back is also in much better condition. I used to go to the chiropractor, but since T-Tapp, when I need an alignment, all I do is bend over and do some head rocks, and my spine snaps into place. A small pelvic tilt re-aligns my lower back and the exercises are helping to keep it that way, so I do it less and less.

I would say give it a try, but do take it easy, and just do as much as you can. Your flexibility will increase and you'll be able to move a lot easier.

Becki

Level

Becki, thank you so much for such an encouraging message. I, too, have been dependent on a chiropractor for alligning my upper back and neck -- plus trying to get my legs to be the same length. I can't wait to learn those two moves you mentioned. Can you tell me where I can find them? RetiredNana

Level

I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years and you bet TTapp helps. Along with the exercise I highly recommend Teresa's Alfalfa capsules and the Cal/Mag. I am not smart enough to tell you why the alfalfa works so well, only when I don't take it for three days or more I am in constant pain. That is how I know it does work. A great plus is that it also eliminated my hot flashes. Try it!

Winnie

I have lost so much weight over the years I should be hanging from a charm bracelet!...Erma Bombeck

Level

Hi, Nana!

I don't know anything about fibromyalgia or CFS, but I do believe one of the trainers, Emily (emily@t-tapp.com) has CFS, too, and Tapping has helped her.

I just wanted to tell you that I think you are one impressive lady - 62 with health issues, yet here you are. Call the office - any of the wonderful staffers can help you, but I am confident that MORE would be a good choice for you.

I personally believe fully in T-Tapp. I have a slew of hormonal problems, some of which I don't think will ever be fully diagnosed or explained to me. I can gain weight like nothing you've ever seen...but when I Tapp regularly, I lose pretty quickly, too, and I can tell a difference in how I feel. Tapping has helped regulate my hormones, and I don't get nearly as many wild mood swings as I used to. Needless to say, this has made my husband a big fan of T-Tapp, too!

One of my biggest health concerns is my adrenal system. I completely blew it awhile back - had a doctor tell me that I had the highest adrenal stress index she'd ever seen on someone still walking around. That lead to extreme fatigue...some days, I could barely get myself up and moving - I'm sure, with CFS, you know that feeling. For awhile, I kept trying to push too hard on my workouts, and would end up burning myself out and having to start all over again. MORE has been such a God send for me - I can't believe how much stronger I feel and how much more energy I have. Since January 13th, I have lost more than 28 inches....so I'm definately pleased.

I hope this helps - again, please call the office at 877-827-2582. They can answer your questions and point you in the right direction. Keep us posted, and welcome to the family!

Courtney

IFPA Certified Personal Trainer
    T-Tapp Trainer, Alaska
    T-Tapper with Endometriosis

http://moretapping.blogspot.com/

"...if you live feeling like your glass is half empty, well, it may as well be empty all the way." - Mattie Stepanek

Level

I have had Chronic fatigue for 13 years and can atest that in my case TTAPP helps alot with that condition.

Just make sure you take it easy as you work to your personal max. It took me a while to get all the way through a whole workout but now it's much easier!!

Welcome and keep us posted on your progress.

Joanne
    Trainer-in-Training
    Logan, Utah

Level

Winnie, thanks for mentioning Teresa's Alfalfa capsules and the Cal/Mag. I was thinking about ordering the CRT Skin Tightening System, which includes the Alfalfa. Years ago, I used to dry skin brush, but in a move misplaced the brush and forgot about it! Do you do the brushing along with the Alfalfa?

Also, I've taken Calcium & Magnesium for quite a few years & notice it does help the Fibro pain.

Best to you, RetiredNana

Level

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for the warm welcome and for sharing your story. That stress index sure sounds scary![xx(] I am glad T-Tapping has helped you, and want so much for it to help me, too.

I have heard from one woman with Fibromyalgia, but would love to hear from others. If you hear of any in your role as Trainer, or if you have any additional information you might pass along, please do so.

Thank you for calling me "one impressive lady". Wow, does that sound good! I don't get a lot of compliments and maybe don't think of myself as impressive either. But, when I hear it from someone else and realize I keep trying to get up despite being knocked down, then I think I deserve to think well of myself.

Best wishes,

RetiredNana

P.S. I can't wait to explore the MORE Blogging! site you posted above.

Level

Hi Joanne,

Thanks so much for your advice about just working to my personal max. I am a little scared that my pace will be like a turtle, but then again didn't the turtle beat the race against the hare?

BTW, I lived in Utah for five years and loved the sunny, blue skies. Happy skies to you,

RetiredNana