BELLAPLEX SAMPLE WARNING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BELLAPLEX SAMPLE WARNING

I heard good things about this product and ordered a free sample for $1.95 shipping and handling. Sounds okay, right?

WRONG.

For one thing they sent me this big package in bubble paper without their name it, just "Shipping Dept, PO BOX 9300 Jersey City, NJ 07303-9908"

I open it wondering what it is and it's $160.00 worth of product with an invoice stating that if I don't call their customer service Dept. than I'll automatically be billed $79.95 April 3 and again the same amount on May 3!

Outrageous. I phoned and got put on hold (never spoke with a real person) and got a message to leave a message and they'll call back. I did so and they never called.

I sent them an email off their website and still nothing.

This is so offensive to me. I asked for a sample, not to be roped into a pain in the buttocks we'll penalize you with inconvenience and shipping charges, etc., if you don't TAKE what you didn't order and we'll access your account to do so.

So any of you thinking of trying this product, be warned: This company's behavior is unacceptable.

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14
    "As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." 1 Corinthians 15:26

Oh, and they are not listed in the BBB.org website anywhere I can find and in the topmost part of the label, it says Feb 26, 2010
    Mailed form ZIP 98003
    Standard Mail DBMC
    11.5 oz. Parcel Mach 5D

Then it says USPS STANDARD MAIL and then the addressing labels.

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14

Comment

The company name is actually Urban-Nutrition.com

This is the page that started all the problems:

http://www.ws1alerts.com/?t202id=31198335&t202kw=

and interestingly enough, now it's two DIFFERENT products they're saying do the same thing and it's the same photos. I feel so deceived and foolish!

Last edited by pamelaw; 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Pamela,

I got caught in the one where you order Acai and then get a cleanse with it. In the end I finally got a good number to call and got it cancelled on the last possible day. The lesson I learned is not to order from the internet on any free sample thing. If I want something I go to the HFS or where ever and buy it.l

Recently, I was looking at this free sample thing and DH said to me, "haven't you learned you lesson yet?" I guess sometimes I'm a slow learner.

BTW were you able to get the shipment canceled?

If not call your credit card company because they will have a number for you to call. I even canceled a credit card and was told that they would be able to continue charging that card even after it was closed if I didn't get it handled.

The people on the internet don't have scruples any more. I get calls everyday because of internet fraud. With all my knowledge and experience I still bought into a problem. Please everyone BE CAREFUL!!!

Pamela, I think that was the company I had my problem with!

((((HUGS))))
        Eileen

Comment

Thank you, Eileen. I'm going to file a dispute with the credit card company to not process any further charges. I googled Urban Nutrition and complaints (I didn't know it WAS Urban Nutrition until after the package was opened) and there are so many complaints against them.

I wish all internet businesses were like Teresa, Carol Tuttle and Joan Schrader. I guess I got spoiled.

Thanks for the advice and commiseration. I needed both.

Hugs,

Last edited by pamelaw; 03-08-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I too got roped into the one with the Acai berry and cleanse. Only I was stupid and paid for the shipping (sample was "FREE") with my debit card. I didn't realize until they had billed my account twice (4 x $79.). I called to cancel and they kept giving me the run-around. I had to cancel my debit card and get another one issued.

MS/LA Greylady

Comment

I had a very nice conversation with my Credit Card holder and this is typical of 'samples' of any kind. She said at least this is IN the U.S. and not a foreign country (Urban Nutrition is a NJ company).

Then I got in my inbox 3 emails from urban Nutrition with 3 different return codes and it told me to print out their RMA form and it must be included. Well, my computer won't open that link because it's an unsafe website and makes my computer vulnerable.

So the lady at my Credit Card place said to print it out at Kinko's or the Library to protect my home computer, so DH will take care of that.

Then I happen to open my Spam folder and there's an email from urban Nutrition LLC with a copy of my complaint and different instructions. The gal is Wanda McKiver from Hydroxatone! She says to just include the invoice with her RMA number and to send it to the address she provided, which is:

Hydraxotone
              PO Box 9300
              Jersey City, NJ 07303

What a spider's web this company is. Wow.

Comment

Thanks for this warning, Pamela. Sounds like a maze with a lot of dead ends trying to separate you from as much of your money as possible.

On the subject of free samples, iherb.com has a section I always peruse before completing my orders: http://www.iherb.com/Free-Samples It is a good way to try things if there are items listed that interest you.

Here's to your triumphing over the machinations of this corporation, Pamela.

Hugs,
                Vi

Comment

ooooo how infuriating! I feel my irritation level going up just reading that!!! hope it gets worked out

Lucy

Comment

I was able to quickly get this completely resolved thanks to the Better Business Bureau, I'm sure. What a relief! I'm off any of their lists, they told me keep the stuff, and even refunded the $1.95 price.

Whew!

Comment

Glad you were able to get it resolved!

In the meantime, I ALWAYS ALWAYS use a "single use" credit card when ordering ANYTHING. I can set the maximum charge amount allowable so they can't charge anything else against it. It has protected me from problems several times over! I use Bank of America, it's called Shop Safe.

Cbuffy
                      Dropped my synthroid numbers twice in 6 weeks!
                      www.TheCoreyConnection.blogspot.com
                      Check out my success story:
                      http://www.t-tapp.com/success/collet...loe/index.html
                      2010 60 day challenge LTL runner up
                      http://t-tapp.com/challenge2010/winn...teb/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by cbuffy View Post
                        Glad you were able to get it resolved!

In the meantime, I ALWAYS ALWAYS use a "single use" credit card when ordering ANYTHING. I can set the maximum charge amount allowable so they can't charge anything else against it. It has protected me from problems several times over! I use Bank of America, it's called Shop Safe.

Wow, that is a great idea. I had no idea that there was such a thing. We have a credit card through Bank of America. I need to check into this.

Pamela--I am glad that you got it all taken care of.

Tina

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.”---Robert Frost

Comment

The single use card is a wonderful idea! I need to look into how to get those......

Tina, so good to 'see' you again! I've missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by pamelaw View Post

Tina, so good to 'see' you again! I've missed you.
                            awww thanks Pamela!! Just been busy with my boys. And have not been on the forum as much.

Tina

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.”---Robert Frost

Comment

I'll be offline much of the time as of this afternoon and continuing onward. I need to get busier with my own boy and some learning exercises. I've been doing too much online and it's exhausting me mentally. Hugs!

Comment

Working...
                              X