woman's day~chicometrics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woman's day~chicometrics?

On the recent Woman's Day blog/post about T-tapp, I noticed someone on there had posted about an exercise program called Chicometrics. Just wondering since I've never heard of it, went to the site but it doesn't give all that much info~anyone tried or heard of it? I'm just a curious mind~~Of course I'm not giving up my t-tapp!

Blissful

Lucy

You're right the website doesn't offer much info. I did a search & have read just about everything I can find on it. I read nothing but good things about it. It compares to Callanetics but is a whole body workout--isometrics. Supposed to be very effective & fast. I called & ordered the 2 in 1 DVD Monday & also won the original workout on ebay. They both should be coming this week. The workout is an hour long & should be done 2 times a week no more than 3 times. I look forward to trying it & will keep you updated.

I found a discussion on it from another forum.
    http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/in...&topic=17545.0

Pam
    A Success Story in the Making!!!
    T-tapping since 9/1/08

Pam

Comment

Thanks Pam, yes! let me know what you think about it!
      Blissful~Lucy

Lucy

Comment

I got the DVD today & watched it--I think I'm really going to like. I really like Chico & his cueing. The workout moves right along. I imagine it is pretty intense--there are a lot of reps (like 50-80) but very small movements. I'm sure some would say the quality of the video isn't super professional but I think it's pretty good. It appears to have been filmed in a church sanctuary. The music is really low & Chico counts every rep. The DVD that came today was the one I go off of ebay & has a 1997 copyright. The other one that I ordered from the website is supposed to be the newest.

I plan to start it Saturday. I will let you know how it goes. I plan to do it 3 times a week.

Pam
        T-tapping since 9/1/08

Pam

Comment

Did you get the one that has a seated workout? My in-laws could really use some chair workout time, and it's always nice to be able to present more than one option.

Carol, displaced Texan teaching my own (4) in AL who wishes she knew how to change her username
          My T-Tapp blog: http://fitcarol.extrapounds.com

Carol, displaced Texan teaching my own (4) in AL

Comment

quote:Originally posted by visitingcarol

Did you get the one that has a seated workout? My in-laws could really use some chair workout time, and it's always nice to be able to present more than one option.

Carol, displaced Texan teaching my own (4) in AL who wishes she knew how to change her username
            The 2 in 1 DVD I ordered from the website has the sit-down or "Golden" Workout on it. I haven't rec'd it yet. Will probably come today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Carol, where are you in Alabama? I live in Cullman & work in Decatur. I grew up in Holly Pond.

Pam
            T-tapping since 9/1/08

Pam

Comment

Pam, I'm in the southern suburubs of Bham. (North Shelby County) I'll look forward to hearing what you think about the Golden workout. FIL has been Type II diabetic for 25 years, and he can hardly spend any time on his feet now without pain.

Carol, displaced Texan teaching my own (4) in AL

Comment

Pam, is the one you got on ebay the chicometrics III? I'm looking at one on ebay right now, not the 2 in 1 but it says the original. it's a dvd. But I did see a Chicometrics III on Amazon and I thought it said released in 1997.
                Also, how long is it? Does it have a warm-up or any stretching?
                Anyway can't wait to hear more about it-thinking I might order it too!
                Blissful~Lucy

Lucy

Comment

Hey, I noticed that mention of Chicometrics too, and I bought both DVDs as well.

I did the original workout this morning. It sure didn't feel like an hour. The movements are are short and controlled so doing 60 or 80 reps doesn't take very long. Chico keeps things moving and he's entertaining. Don't know what I'll think after I've heard him crack the same jokes over and over, but I like him.

I can feel it for sure. People seem to report noticing inch loss really quickly so I figure if it's going to work for me, I'll see a difference within a few weeks. (And if not, I'll be ebaying my DVDs! [8D])

Terez

Terez
                  =======
                  DYT Type 4

Comment

Hey everyone. I have tried chicometrics. It is wonderful, but you have to do cardio for it to be effective. You will lose the inches, guarnteed, but with the help of cardio you will lose it alot faster. [8D]

Comment

Is this safe during TTC/pregnancy do you think?

Pamela

Pamela, Type 3, strong secondary Type 4

"that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil;" Hebrews 2:14
                      "As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing." 1 Corinthians 15:26

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Blissful

Pam, is the one you got on ebay the chicometrics III? I'm looking at one on ebay right now, not the 2 in 1 but it says the original. it's a dvd. But I did see a Chicometrics III on Amazon and I thought it said released in 1997.
                        Also, how long is it? Does it have a warm-up or any stretching?
                        Anyway can't wait to hear more about it-thinking I might order it too!
                        Blissful~Lucy
                        No, the one I got from ebay is the original that you see for $24.95 on the website. It lasts close to a hour.

I didn't get to do it over the weekend. I plan to do it this evening.

Carol--I received & watched the 2 in 1 DVD & I think the Golden WO would be excellent for anyone who can't be on their feet for very long. If your FIL will do it, I think it would be just the thing for someone in his situation. If he's like my parents, though, you won't be able to get him to do it. Neither of my parents are in their 70s yet, but they act like they're half dead already. My MIL, on the other hand, is nearly 85 & walks on a regular basis & could probably kick my parents' butts. [V] Irritates me to no end.

Pam
                        T-tapping since 9/1/08

Pam

Comment

Any updates on how those of you using this are liking it? I am thinking about trying it, but got stalled wondering about the differences between the older and newer dvd's. Thought it looked like a fun workout to throw into my rotation. Keep my muscles guessing.

TFJ

Comment

I just got both workouts today (used) and can't wait to try them. I'm not liking the idea of an hour workout though. It says on the cover to do only two days a week though. I'll post after I've tried them.

Rachelle

Comment

Hi Rachelle,

I am waiting for the newer 2 in 1 dvd to arrive. I have been doing the TWO and the 1 hour Callanetics, but I find that I need a recovery day between the TWO days or I start to feel drained. The Callanetics feels more stretch like to me... I am guessing the Chicometrics to be a replacement for one of my total workout days.

Let me know how you like them and how the dvds compare to each other.

TFJ

Comment

Working...
                              X