Difference between Hemp Hearts and Hemp Seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Hemp Hearts and Hemp Seeds

Can anyone tell me what the difference is?

My HFS sells Hemp Seeds.

Thanks!
    Mary Ann

I was just wondering the same thing!

Marna - Trainer in Training!

Marna - TNT Upstate New York

Comment

To the best of my knowledge there are no seed shells in the Hemp Hearts. The seed shells stick into your gums. To my way of thinking it's like buying sunflower seeds with the shells and then shelled sunflower seeds. Hopefully Joan will be able to shed more light on the subject on Monday.

((((HUGS))))
      Eileen

((((HUGS))))
      Eileen

Comment

I've been assuming the "hearts" are the same thing as the seeds I've had from Manitoba Harvest. They are no shells and they're kinda like miniature pine nuts. Does that sound like the hearts?

-Moyne
        www.chinow.com/moyne

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

-Moyne
        Holistic Health Life Coach

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

I *think* they are the same, but not sure. I have ordered some of Joan's Hemp Hearts, but I was also too impatient, so I bought Nutiva's hulled Hemp seeds today at Whole Foods. They are tasty, and smaller than I thought they would be. I will update when my order from Joan arrives.
          Melanie

~~Melanie~~
          Tapping since June '07
          Size 22W to 12 and moving down!
          63 inches and 35 lbs GONE

PLEASE (I'm begging shamelessly) vote every 8 hours for dd's picture on Brickfish! http://tinyurl.com/nzuzsg

Comment

I got the Nutiva shelled hemp seeds and a sample from Joan. I was ordering from her but she was backordered and I, too, was impatient! [:I] The Nutiva seeds were more moist than Joan's. Not sure what that means. However, the tastes were the same and there were no shells that I could tell in either. HTHs!

~Rose

"You are Mommy and you are Rose!" Zachariah age 3
            Proud homeschooling mom of 4 very interesting boys!!!

~* Rose *~

Comment

Working...
            X