heart rate monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heart rate monitor

Does anyone use a heart rate monitor when working out? If so, which one do you use?

Thanks

Lorie

"A wish changes nothing. A decision changes everything." - Jake Steinfeld

Lorie

\"A wish changes nothing. A decision changes everything.\" - Jake Steinfeld

Polar Heart Rate Monitor - use it ALL the time! Treadmill, T-tapp, etc.

D

Dieting makes you look good with clothes, exercise makes you look good without!

Comment

dmreid....thanks for your reply.

do you know which model your monitor is ??

Lorie

"A wish changes nothing. A decision changes everything." - Jake Steinfeld

Lorie

\"A wish changes nothing. A decision changes everything.\" - Jake Steinfeld

Comment

Polar F4 Heart Rate Monitor - I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Here's a link for more information. It's pretty reasonably priced - around $80 - well worth it if you want to monitor your activities and fitness levels.

http://www.polarusa.com/products/fseries/f4.asp

<center>The difference between try and triumph is a little umph!</center>

<center><b>The difference between try and triumph is a little umph!</b></center>

Comment

On the back of the watch it says CEO537. It allows you to enter weight, sex, age, upper/lower limits and based on that gives you calories burned.

Hope this helps
          D

Comment

I was just wondering how may cals you burn doing BWO+ and the TW?

Comment

That would vary for each individual because your watch uses your age, weight, height and what intensity your heart is working to determine how many calories you are using.

Hope this helps.

D

Comment

Yeah. but is there a round figure. I mean when you are walking/ running you burn 100 cals plus or minus every mile. What about T-TAPP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dsamy

Yeah. but is there a round figure. I mean when you are walking/ running you burn 100 cals plus or minus every mile. What about T-TAPP
                  With T-Tapp and it's progression, it is hard to give a round figure. My amount of full fiber activation is going to be different than yours. Sometimes my amount of squeezing is going to be less than the day before or vice versa. The only way for you to really know, is for you to wear one. Then maybe average your week's worth. You could probably see for yourself the amount of calories burned is going to differ each time.
                  I don't have a HRM so I couldn't tell you if this is true, but it is my best guess. Counting how many calories you burn could get obsessive. You are burning cals, you could just know that. But a HRM is a good idea.

*jaci

*jaci

Comment

I have worn my HRM for several workouts, and it's really interesting to see what actually happens with your heart rate as you do the workouts. I have posted some of my results here in scattered places, which I could try to find if anyone's interested. There are other threads in the archives from those who have done this, too.

BIG HUGS!

--Jen

You're just jealous because the voices aren't talking to *you*!

BIG HUGS!

--Jen

I did it, you can too!
                    Click here to read my T-Tapp success story!
                    Visit me at my website!

Comment

Working...
                    X