No announcement yet.

Liposomal Vitamin C - Make it at home cheap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those trying liposomal Vit C and take thyroid meds, Mary Shomon stated to take the LVC with thyroid meds for better delivery. I am excited about that aspect since my thyroid is the only holdout on my health recovery. My adrenals and gut are good. I have energy and feel so much better. I need my thryoid to get on board with the program so I am trying this vitamin delivery despite not really liking the texture of it....
    Rhonda Kontos , BS, MSW, LSW

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

Comment

I am glad you mentioned this. I wonder, Rhonda, if following this protocol would mean your thyroid meds may need to be adjusted. This looks really interesting and I've been thinking about trying it, but I just got my thyroid workup done and meds and balanced. I'd hate to get them out of whack and have to pay for another full workup so quickly, but mostly the not feeling so great part.
      Lori

Do not be confused, I am NOT a trainer just someone who has been around for over 12 years and talks too much!

Hopefully one of the many Certified T-Tapp Trainers will be along shortly, with the most accurate information.

My Success Story

http://sewfrench.com/

Comment

Thank you posting those notes. My stuff comes in tomorrow and I can't wait to make it!
        Tami in OKC

Married to my wonderful husband for 25 years, homeschooling mom to three awesome kids - 17, 14 and 12.

Comment

Here are my notes from the retreat:

Liposomal Vitamin C
          Presentation by, Jane Babcock and her sister
          Liposomal Vitamin C will get it into your system better. It allows it to enter at the cell level.
          See testimony at livonlabs.com
          Read book by Linus Pauling. (Note: I did not get the title at the retreat, but in looking online, I believe it was How to Live Longer and Feel Better.)
          This started for the Babcocks because of a sister who was in adrenal fatigue and laying on the sofa all the time. After taking this liposomal vitamin C, she begin feeling great, losing weight, her skin improved and the whites of her eyes became whiter.
          They then gave it to their father who was very sick. Jane told the story, but I did not write it down. It was a powerful testimony. I hope she decides to share it either in the forums or in her own blogs if she has them.
          You make this with Non GMO Soy Lecithin and Rose Hips. The lecithin coats the stuff so that it can get through the stomach. It gets pulled into the liver and into the blood. At least 90% is absorbed!
          Almost every system in the body is effected by Vitamin C.
          Vitamin C impacts so much:
          • Immune System
          • Cardiovascular Disease
          • Cancer
          • The Brain
          • Allergies
          • Arthritis and Rheumatism
          • The eye, ear and mouth
          • Anti aging
          • Wounds & their healing
          Lecithin
          • Fat breakdown - fat burning vs. Fat storing
          • Causes the liver to process fat efficiently vs. storing the fat
          • Improves memory and brain function
          • Increases HDL
          • Keeps the liver and kidneys healthy
          • Essential to every living cell in the human body
          Where to buy Liposomal Vitamin C

Or . . . Make your own at home!
          Cost: less than $0.10 per dose!
          Make your own at home
          (Recipe derived from a culmination of online recipes)
          Supplies Needed:
          Ascorbic acid powder (or organic rose hips powder) - Jane recommends using the Rose Hips powder and that was supported and encouraged by a number of people, but I didn’t write down the reasons why. The people who were saying go with Rose Hips have my respect and so I figured I would do that.
          Non-GMO soy lecithin granules or powder
          Spring water or distilled water
          Ultrasonic jewelry cleaner
          Countertop blender or stick blender
          Notes: NOW is the brand of lecithin they use. (It was asked and answered yes, you could use sunflower lecithin. Also, this form of soy does have the concerns that soy products generally do.)
          Starwest Botanicals is where they get their Rosehips.
          You could use prill water.
          Directions:
          In a jar, mix 3 Tbsp. Lecithin with 1 cup lukewarm water.
          In a separate jar, mix 1 Tbsp Rosehips powder with 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
          Allow both jars to sit until completely dissolved. (You can periodically shake the jars to dissolve quicker.) This takes about two hours. I think she said she leaves it in the fridge during this time, but I’m not sure about that.
          When completely dissolved, pour the contents of both jars into a regular kitchen blender and blend until the mixture is thickened (like pudding). You can use a stick blender to do this as well. Be sure you blend it very well until it has a pudding like texture.
          Now pour the mixture into the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and turn it on (2 minute cycle). Stir often. Cycle for 4-7 cycles. The jewelry cleaner makes it so it will assimilate better. If you don’t have the cleaner, you can still make this and it will be a good vitamin C source, but it will not be as effective as it could be.
          Refrigerate. (Note: In the refrigerator this will keep for a year. On the counter it keeps for 4 days.)
          Dose: Take 1-2 Tbsp. per day, first thing in the AM on an empty stomach. Wait 15 minutes before eating. A serving size is 1 oz. A super dose is 4 oz.
          Note: This will help Thyroid meds absorb better.

Resources:
          Blessings,

Mary Ellen (MEK)
          Wife, for 30+ years, of a most amazing man!
          Homeschooling mother of 6 - 5 sons and 1 daughter.
          T-Tappping since October 2011.
          2012 60 Day Challenge 1st Runner Up Over 50 More To Lose Health Category
          2013 60 Day Challenge Participant Over 50 Senior Fit Category and coached a Category Winner and a 1st Runner Up!
          2014 60 Day Challenge 1st Runner Up Over 50 Average to Lose Health Category and coached a Category Winner!
          2015 60 Day Challenge Participant Over 50 Average to Lose category.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the details, Mary Ellen.
            Vanetta
            DYT type 3/4

Homeschooling Veteran of Three, (K-12 x 3)
            ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
            Certified PraiseMoves Instructor, CPI Gold, and
            MIRA!Dance Instructor (Christian alternative to
            ​yoga and Zumba(R))
            T-Tapp TnT

Comment

Your welcome!
              Blessings,

Mary Ellen (MEK)
              Wife, for 30+ years, of a most amazing man!
              Homeschooling mother of 6 - 5 sons and 1 daughter.
              T-Tappping since October 2011.
              2012 60 Day Challenge 1st Runner Up Over 50 More To Lose Health Category
              2013 60 Day Challenge Participant Over 50 Senior Fit Category and coached a Category Winner and a 1st Runner Up!
              2014 60 Day Challenge 1st Runner Up Over 50 Average to Lose Health Category and coached a Category Winner!
              2015 60 Day Challenge Participant Over 50 Average to Lose category.

Comment

Vitacost is out of stock of the non gmo soy lecithin. Do you think regular is ok to use? I already have that on hand.

Thanks,
                Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Lori French View Post
                  I am glad you mentioned this. I wonder, Rhonda, if following this protocol would mean your thyroid meds may need to be adjusted. This looks really interesting and I've been thinking about trying it, but I just got my thyroid workup done and meds and balanced. I'd hate to get them out of whack and have to pay for another full workup so quickly, but mostly the not feeling so great part.
                  Mary Shomon is the person to ask. Go to her website about.com thyroid and send her an email. I think it at first might just help get the meds in your system quicker. How well they work when there is still your body's to decide. I would say to try it and know that maybe when you get your meds checked again an adjustment down might be appropriate. Perhaps a full workout would not be necessary just a lab draw to see if the thryoid's overall functioning is improving.
                  Rhonda Kontos , BS, MSW, LSW

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
                  Walt Disney

Comment

LuckyVitamin has it, Angie!
                    ~ .. )) -::-
                    . .))
                    ((. .. Trisch -::-
                    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
                    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
                    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
                    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
                    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
                    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
                    ~Crystal Paine~

Comment

If you follow the recipe that Mary Ellen posted, how long will this last? Does it make quite a bit? I know it would depend on how many people are taking it, but if just one person was (for example purposes), how long?
                      Lisa
                      T-Tapping since 9/16/09
                      Down 125 pounds and 117.25 inches since May 28, 2012 with hCG & T-Tapp

My Testimonial Tuesday
                      My Website

Comment

iherb also has it and they have free shipping over $20. Also, if you've never ordered from them before you can use my referral number and get $ off. PM me if you want the number.
                        Last edited by Lisa A; 10-18-2012, 10:10 AM.
                        Lisa
                        T-Tapping since 9/16/09

My Testimonial Tuesday
                        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by rskontos View Post
                          Mary Shomon is the person to ask. Go to her website about.com thyroid and send her an email. I think it at first might just help get the meds in your system quicker. How well they work when there is still your body's to decide. I would say to try it and know that maybe when you get your meds checked again an adjustment down might be appropriate. Perhaps a full workout would not be necessary just a lab draw to see if the thryoid's overall functioning is improving.
                          Lori, if you check with Mary could you post it here please? I'm also on thyroid meds so I'm curious about it. I'm due for the check up in December though, so it should work out good for me.
                          Last edited by Lisa A; 10-18-2012, 10:51 AM.
                          Lisa
                          T-Tapping since 9/16/09

My Testimonial Tuesday
                          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa A View Post
                            If you follow the recipe that Mary Ellen posted, how long will this last? Does it make quite a bit? I know it would depend on how many people are taking it, but if just one person was (for example purposes), how long?
                            Nevermind about this one...I did the math. I don't usually drink caffeine and I had coffee this morning. It must have made me to hyper too think about this one.
                            Last edited by Lisa A; 10-20-2012, 09:49 AM.
                            Lisa
                            T-Tapping since 9/16/09

My Testimonial Tuesday
                            My Website

Comment

Here is another video link of how to make the liposomal C http://blog.bestzapper.com/2012/02/h...in-c-homemade/ He is using ascorbic acid an is making a double batch.

I just finished making 6 batches. My son who is recovering from a broken jaw is taking 4 ounces each morning and he is recovering very well.

I noticed there was a question on how long to wait b4 eating... 15 minutes was what we saw and have been doing.

sUe (Jane's sister)
                              wife of Jeff ~ mom of 6 great kids ages 10 - 24

Comment

Hi Sue - I made my first 2 batchs the other day and they were very thin and liquidy compared to what we had at the retreat. I used 3T lechitin/1C water and 1T rosehips/.5C water, put them in a blender after disolving and then into the ultrasonic cleaner.

It never did get thick and pudding-like when I blended it. I tired both a regular blender and a stick blender.

On Facebook, Charlotte said that Jane used 2T rosehips so I tried that today and it may be more viscous but again, not pudding-like.

Do you have any suggestions what I might be doing differently? I got the same ultrasonic cleaner at Harbor Freight.

Stephanie
                                Stephanie

Comment

Working...
                                X