Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craziest Health Site- Raising temps, reversing insulin resistance w/FOOD!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craziest Health Site- Raising temps, reversing insulin resistance w/FOOD!!

Hi guys! I have to share this site/blog with everyone because thankfully ttappers are one of the more open minded groups out there. I am really excited about the info on 180degreehealth.com which addresses raising low body temps to get rid of thyroid issues, adrenal issues, metabolic disorders like pcos, brain fog, depression, dry skin, weight issues, etc through eating LOTS of good food. My temps have gone from 96.7 to 97.9-98 degrees within about a week and I am so excited because of what I am learning. The writer sites draws from so many sources of info and studies and really dissects them- also addresses how insulin resistance (root of type 2 diabetes, obesity pcos etc) is reversed through consumption of lots of complex starchy carbs like sweet potatoes and rice. Anyway I love what I have been learning and how much better my body has been feeling. Schwarzbein was a big influence on his ideas as well as Dr. Broda Barnes who worked years ago on addressing a variety of health issues simply by raising the body temp. Anyway check it out and let me know what you think (you may want to search for specific topics like "raarf' which is the rest and refeeding plan to raise temps because he does blog about a huge array of ideas.) But basically it is the anti diet approach for health and to me correlates perfectly with ttapp

Callie

Interesting blog posts... Anybody else wandering around over there, it's RRARF instead of Raarf...

Cbuffy
    Dropped my synthroid numbers twice in 6 weeks!
    www.TheCoreyConnection.blogspot.com
    Check out my success story:
    http://www.t-tapp.com/success/collet...loe/index.html
    2010 60 day challenge LTL runner up
    http://t-tapp.com/challenge2010/winn...teb/index.html

Comment

LOL thanks cbuffy!

Callie

Comment

Callie,
        This is really interesting because today I saw a naturopathic doctor and he told me one of the causes of my health issues (mainly allergies) is that my body temperature is too low. He said I have hypothyroidism and am pre-diabetic. The way he explained it made a lot of sense. He recommended a modified paleo eating plan for me. I am going to check out the site. Thanks for sharing it.

Good wishes always,
        Linda

Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Wow Linda that is so cool, what excellent timing! Some people have raised their temps from the 95's to the 98's in only 30 days so it's definitely possible to see an improvement. And diabetes is linked to insulin resistance which is also addressed on the blog I really hope it helps you Merry christmas!

Callie

Comment

Calli, I've spent a couple of hours wandering around on the site and came away more confused than I was when I arrived.

Can you tell us a little about what you are doing specifically? Did you get the Diet Recovery (I can't remember if that's the right name) ebook to start or are you just better at picking up the information from the website than I am? Sounds like he is moving from RRARF to RBTI now and that confuses me too... LOL

Thanks!

Cbuffy

Comment

i am sorry that it was confusing. RRARF is the basic recommendation he gives to everyone to raise temps- however he is constantly discussing and researching different methodologies and different people in the world of health. RBTI is a step beyond and is recommended for people with more serious health issues. It was a little easier before they moved the site (recently) because he had a free ebook on the rest and refeeding program that was very informative but they seem to have taken it down. I have his metabolism book which talks about rrarf as well as detailing the science behind it and how it affects insulin leptin temps etc. i would focus in on rrarf and the anti diet posts as well as the stuff about metabolic syndrome insulin etc. That all is interrelated. I will try to post some excerpts from the metabolism book. Diet recovery is based in the rrarf ideas with more updates and research that some of the older books. If youve got questions feel free to ask me ive spent a lot of time reading the stuff over there.

Callie

Comment

What I am doing is basic rest and refeeding to get my temps up. It is the starchy carbs that raise body temps and in combo with protein and fat your body begins to heal. So right now i eat a lot of sweet potatoes and rice with good saturated fats like coconut oil, beef, eggs etc/ As far as rest goes, I do ttapp but i dont push it crazy hard with workouts and i dont do extra cardio. too much cardio can drop the body temps and also create muscle loss. Also fibrous veggies are important for reversing insulin resistance which causes diabetes pcos- there are a lot of studies that were done regarding starvation (even at what is considered "diet" level and how this in the long run created insulin resistance, loss of muscle mass increased fat mass and lowered body temps as well as potential adrenal issues, hair loss depresison etc. So diet recovery is a huge part of the focus because most of us have dieted in some degree or else just lived our lives in a state of restriction, being constantly aware of how much we eat and trying to eat less. Ill be back to post some excerpts later.

Callie

Comment

Thanks Callie... So do you follow the carb breakfast, large lunch, small dinner format or is that more like RBTI?

Cbuffy

Comment

I haven't had a chance to check this out much (I'm on overload!), but I am very interested!

The only issue right now is with GAPS we are off starchy veggies and grains. We are slowly reintroducing them.....I had issues with my temps and all before GAPS (May of this year) so I know that didn't cause temps to go down. I have had to eat more fats. I think that was the missing key with when I did Schwarzbein--I wasn't getting enough fats, still relying too much on carbs for energy.

Well, I'm rambling! I'll be interested to hear and learn more! I just can't add one more informational thing to my plate right now! Thanks for any and all info, Callie!

~ .. )) -::-
                    . .))
                    ((. .. Trisch -::-
                    -::- ((.*

Blessed Mama of 9 (and 14 in Heaven)
                    Master T-Tapp Trainer in Northern Indiana, certified in TWO, MORE, HTF, Senior Fit and LadyBug
                    (Thank you, Mom and Dad!)
                    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

From a 22W to a 6!
                    My Testimonial Tuesday

"Don't let another priceless moment slip through your fingers because
                    you are 'too busy'. While you have the time, take the time."
                    ~Crystal Paine~

Comment

I do eat lighter in the evenings and i stop drinking water after 4- this has helped my insomnia issues, people with blood sugar issues have to be careful with water consumption because it dilutes the sugars in the body. But mostly I just focus on getting in 2-3 big meals with starchy carbs protein fat and vegs if i have room. That is what has been bringing my temps up and patches of dry skin that wouldnt go away despite all the good fats and protein have started to leave (its so great cos i tried everything!!) . The first week or so you feel kinda wonky as healing begins and tired too but i try and lsiten to my body's call for sleep/ More recently i am noticing more energy as in boucning around in the afternoons. Something else that is cool that ive learned is that protein helps with making serotonin but its only when you eat carbs and protein together that the serotonin can cross the brain barrier and actually make an impact,

Blessed mama I hear you on overload! I always find myself trying to read and research about 5 different topics at once. I have read some stories of people who had done GAPS for an extended amount of time and started the rest and refeeding to bring back their temps. The thing with low carb it that protein without sufficient carbs tends to spike cortisol which can create adrenal issues over time. Of course I am not very familiar with GAPS so it may not even apply to that.

Callie

Comment

BTW I should mention that the overfeeding period is not a permanent thing, it only lasts for the 30 days or as long as it takes for the body to raise temps and heal. But i can tell you appetite drops very quickly and interest in sugar is minimal after eating lots of good starches and other... Many people eat to appetite instead of eating more than one needs but the more nutrition you get in the quicker the body seems to respond. And my weight has stayed stable and I seem to be gaining muscle so I am quite excited about it. (If you cant tell

Callie

Comment

Callie, THANK YOU for posting this. I've been quite concerned about my low body temps (usually somewhere between 96 and 97 degrees) and spent a great deal of time yesterday researching supplements which could support my thyroid and adrenals. I much prefer a dietary approach though.

The website is confusing. I was able to access the free e-book but if you ask me how I did it, I don't know. I was all over the place. I did register, though, and maybe that's how I got it. Anyway, there was supposed to be a webinar this afternoon, which I registered for, but it was not available. It appears that there may have been technical difficulties. I am finding all of the information very interesting and helpful, though. Will continue to look into this.

Former home-schooling mom of two now adult children. Started doing T-Tapp in the Fall of 2007. Have lost 41 inches and and more than 30 lbs. My heartfelt thanks to Teresa. She's the absolute best!

Comment

Oh Adrianne you are so welcome! I feel like shouting it from the rooftops because I have been on cytomel and armour for thyroid and it never brought my temps up so I finally just stopped. I have pcos and nothing has worked, the medical establishment recommends low carb but in the end that only plays into insulin resistance and low temps. SO i am very happy to find somehting that will help get to the root of things.

I am going to go through the Metabolism ebook I got from there and find some excerpts to post sometime today or tomorrow. If anyone starts doing this please post any results you notice with temps etc, it doesnt take long to see a difference.

Callie

Comment

I am definitely on diet info overload too. The doc told me to eat paleo (the cave man diet), but it seems a bit extreme. (He tells me this the day after I spent 12 hours baking Christmas cookies.) I pulled out my Schwarzbein book this morning and that seems to make more sense to me. Haven't had a chance to spend much time on the 180degreehealth site yet. I am about to look at Trisch's Schwarzbein posts to see which book I should look at next.

In the meantime I managed to fire down five oatmeal M & M Christmas cookies while reading how insulin resistance is the root of all evil! : )

Good wishes always,
                              Linda

Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Working...
                              X