Why do I always crave cheese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I always crave cheese?

What's up with that? I always want cheese. Cheesey, yummy, cheese. Sharp cheddar, especially. Melted. On top of whatever. Or shredded and mixed in a salad.

I'm Type O, so I know I shouldn't even be eating dairy, but I keep going back to cheese!!

Do you think it's psychological? Or is there some imbalance in my system that might be making me crave it?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm off to go eat some cheese now. [:I]

MaryBeth

MaryBeth

oh, and spicy. Anything spicy. Put some cheese and hot salsa together, and I'm a happy camper.

Am I just really weird, like my DH thinks?

MaryBeth

MaryBeth

Comment

Well.....now that I live in Wisconsin I don't think you are weird at all Cheese is one of the major food groups here.

Are you maybe lacking sodium in your system and the cheese is giving you what you need or protein? I used to be a cheese fanatic and have really learned to have it only once in a while.

Don't know what else to tell ya....sorry!

Mary Ann

Comment

'Cause it's delicious.

That's all I've got for you.

Moxie
        http://www.askmoxie.org
        You are the best parent for your child.

Moxie
        http://www.askmoxie.org
        You are the best parent for your child.

Divorced, working mom of two awesome little boys.

Comment

Maybe you need more protein? Or fat in your diet??? I do go through periods of craving cheese and I figure my diet must have been lacking. Actually, I think that whenever I crave anything. Sometimes I can confirm it, other times I can't........

[u]Lori</u>

Lori

Do not be confused, I am NOT a trainer just someone who has been around for over 12 years and talks too much!

Hopefully one of the many Certified T-Tapp Trainers will be along shortly, with the most accurate information.

My Success Story

http://sewfrench.com/

Comment

#1) it's absolutely delicious!!!

#2) you might be allergic to it. We often crave what we are allergic to - it's a weird chemical reaction thing. Do some searching on the net, and I'm sure you'll find a site that explains it. :0)
            Melanie

~~Melanie~~
            Tapping since June '07
            Size 22W to 12 and moving down!
            63 inches and 35 lbs GONE

PLEASE (I'm begging shamelessly) vote every 8 hours for dd's picture on Brickfish! http://tinyurl.com/nzuzsg

Comment

That was happening to me earlier this year. I started experimenting with Natural Calm Plus Calcium, to see if the Must.Have.CHEESE! craving was my body's cry for more calcium.

Sure enough, within a couple of weeks, the overwhelming cheese cravings subsided. I don't know if that will work for you, but thought I'd share.

From one O type to another,

Chris

Comment

You could try a "cheese free" diet, beef up your calcium in other ways and try oregano oil. It kills ANY cravings and bad bacteria you have in your system. I love it, but found that I had to add good bacteria back into my body. Did so by drinking acidophiles. I was so "clean" I was having no vaginal fluid and began to itch like I had a yeast infection! Sorry for the blatant "info", but it was a side effect I get when taking it. [:I]

Some people take it in liquid form... I cannot stomach it, so I take it in capsule form. I purchase it at Sprouts--- great product-- Non-gmo, cold pressed and cheaper than most too.

Good luck!

Sharon~ Arizona

Sharon~ Arizona

Comment

One more thing--- Chris's comment is significant... Natural Calm is the most amazing product I have used. It also takes away cravings and helps in all needed Mag/Cal. with side benefits too!

Sharon~ Arizona

Sharon~ Arizona

Comment

MaryBeth,

I grew up in Amish country. When our family took a drive on Sundays, my father would stop at the cheese store and we would all have hunks of Amish Swiss for a snack. Obviously I still love it too.

Comment

It could be part of your heritage. My German decent hasn't helped me in the least and I love cheese too. I don't eat it as often as I used too and when I do buy it I choose a low fat version.

Linda

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins - not by strength but by perseverance."
                      H. Jackson Brown

I am the stream

Linda

\"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins - not by strength but by perseverance.\"
                      H. Jackson Brown

I am the stream

Comment

Yes,
                        I 2nd the opinion about Essential Fatty Acids:
                        When i'm really hormonally imbalanced...and my moods are fluctuating...etc etc...
                        I found I needed Omega 3-6-9 (like in Teresa's July Newsletter)
                        I like OilSmart ...RenewLife.com
                        My cheese cravings have gone way down!
                        (have you read that processing of dairy actually makes the protein/calcium...hard to digest??)

AngelLeigh
                        Size 12....10....8.....6...Seven (7) months of T-Tapp
                        &gt;&lt;((((&gt;.`..`...&gt;&lt;(((( &gt;

TimeToFly...SoarWithEagles

Lost 28 inches-only 9 lbs-in 7 months....Size 14 to 6 since Nov '07...just T-TAPP'n !!
                        size 6 and 140#... my previous size 10 weight!
                        Grand Prize Winner 2008/LadyBug w/o - my Success Story:http://www.t-tapp.com/challenge2008/angelac/index.html

Scott is my 'Tapp Partner' for life...BFF! my Man is 2009 60-Day Challenge Winner--http://t-tapp.com/challenge2009/60-DayChallenge/scottc/index.html
                        SAHM-Hmschlg-Mom to 6 (4 redhead boys ages 3-9!) + 16 & 19yo son & daughter (+10 miscarriages)

Comment

Hi,
                          I ahev realised that wheneveer I crave soemthing, taht is because my body actualy needs it.
                          there was a time when i was craving hot chocolate a lot, realised my body was craving for potasium and magnesiam. started on cal-mag and my craving for hot chocolate disappeared.

I would say give in to your cravings tillyou find the cause for it and then work on teh solution. their is no point in depriving yourself. just make sure that you eat raw unprocessed cheese which is healthy for you. and spicy foods are good for you- full of antioxidants.. so go ahead and njoy!!

Comment

Working...
                          X