As you have noticed we updated the Vbulletin to the latest version. Over the next few days we will be making some minor adjustments to the forum to better serve our visitors and members. The "NEW TO T-TAPP" Forum is not yet available, we will have this forum available on Monday Oct. 12th.
See more
See less

Teresa's God made vs man made carbs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teresa's God made vs man made carbs

This is from Teresa's news letter. I encourage anyone who has any recipes to post them here. There are just a lot of posts on the subject and it gets hard to find the information. If anyone has a list of god made carbs, besides what is here, please post. Thanks.
    With the T-Tapp System, I usually classify carbohydrates into two different categories: Man-made carbs (not so good) and carbs created by God (good). When I advise people who are trying lose a clothing size or more to control their carbohydrate intake (don't eliminate them) - I am speaking about "man-made carbs". For those who are not familiar with this program, let me explain.
    Have man-made carbs on Monday - then on Tuesday and Wednesday eliminate them. Instead consume soups, salads, meat and vegetables. On Thursday allow man-made carbs into your food plan but omit them on Friday and Saturday. Keep repeating this plan with two days "off" inbetween each "man-made" carb day. It you are trying to lose more than 2 clothing sizes, then adjust this type of consumption to three days off for the first month. After four weeks, then reduce the "man-made" day off by one. Ultimately you will be able to have "man-made" carbs every other day (without guilt) and your body will not convert/store them as fat! So when special events come (ie: vacation, holiday treats, etc) you can consume those "forbidden carbs" every day for up to four days without disaster! Just return to the original 2 days off/1 day "man-made" for a week or two. Then get back to every other day. You never have to deprive yourself again!
    Here are some examples of "man-made" carbohydrates: bread, bagels, pasta, crackers, pretzels, cookies, candies, and most breakfast cereals. All of those processed "energy bars" and granola bars come within the man-made classification as well. Check those "diet meals" too - if 50% or more of the total calories come from carbs, then classify the meal as a man-made carb.
    Samples of carbohydrates created by God are vegetables, fruit, oatmeal (whole oat - not the instant stuff), brown/wild rice, and spelt. The exception to this is corn and white potatoes. Think about it-how do you fatten a cow quickly? With corn! The same happens with people, so until you reach your weight maintenance goal, consume corn and/or white potatoes on "man-made" carbohydrate days. Be careful with fruit - over consumption can be converted to fat. I like to refer to fruit as being God's "candy". Always consume atleast two colors of vegetables every day for optimal function of your body to achieve weight management. In fact, I consume one to two fruits a day only after I consume two colors of vegetables.
    Controlled carbohydrate consumption combined with the T-Tapp workout will give you even faster results because your body will utilize its glucose reserves even when not working out. (ie: Kreb cycle @ resting rate). The T-Tapp workout quickly rebuilds the primary body functions that process carbohydrates - such as the kreb cycle and citric acid cycle. I designed the workout to quickly rebuild metabolic rate and internal muscle density - (primarily the spinal insertions) as well as rebuild the lymphatic system for optimal elimination. The T-Tapp Workout does a lot more that just burn fat and calories!
    We all need carbohydrates for energy - they are not "bad" for us. In fact, research at John Hopkins confirms that women need to consume at least 55% carbohydrates to maintain proper bone density. We just need to consume more of the "god-made" carbohydrates and increase our internal muscle mass (via the T-Tapp Workout) so that we have better utilization and less conversion to fat. And for those who are interested, the T-Tapp Workout promotes bone density because it is "weight bearing" even though it doesn't use weights!!

Edited by - Stephanie_T-Tapper on 09/11/2002 3:08:26 PM