Organs In Place: Why left side first?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organs In Place: Why left side first?

Tonight, I did Organs In Place for the first time in awhile, with the DVD that came with the book. I noticed that, at the beginning of the exercise, when pressing down on the abdominal muscles to put them in place, Teresa seems to emphasize that the left side should be done first. It sounds as though it's vitally important. I was just wondering why that is. Does it really matter?

~Gina Giannattasio~

Read my success story!

Healthy is not a number, a size, or a photograph. It's a lifestyle.

The path of digestion in the large intestine (which is the last part of the digestive tract before entering the colon) is from right to left. So you want that movement, of pushing your organs from the right to left (or "right to center"), to be the last part of the sequence. Otherwise you leave off working against your digestive tract. Learned this from Kayla at the Radiant You Retreat last summer.

Here is a good visual: http://www.gesa.org.au/digestive-sys..._intestine.cfm

Last edited by Insideout; 01-15-2011, 11:13 PM.
    Elizabeth Platt, Certified T-Tapp Trainer
    California and Los Angeles Area

Email: elizabethp@t-tapp.com

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth. I've wondered that myself. And while we're on the topic, I find it harder to push in on the right side & have theorized it's because I sleep on my right side (when I'm not on my back) hence the organs fall that way more. Any other possibilities?

- Shari

Comment

It could depend on the timing too and where you have "food" in the digestive tract. If it is consistently always harder to push in on the right no matter how long ago or what you ate that is very possible...that your organs tend to fall toward the right since they are pulled by gravity down that way at 6-8 hrs per night.

Elizabeth Platt, Certified T-Tapp Trainer
        California and Los Angeles Area

Email: elizabethp@t-tapp.com

Comment

Oh. Well, that makes sense. Thanks, Elizabeth!

Last edited by Gina Giannattasio; 01-16-2011, 08:39 AM. Reason: to correct a spelling mistake
          ~Gina Giannattasio~

Read my success story!

Healthy is not a number, a size, or a photograph. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

I've wondered this same question about left or right; thanks for asking and for answering, gals!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie in IN

Started T-Tapp 10-8-09

Down 22 inches but just 7 pounds first 10 weeks.

Our 7th child arrived 8-12-10; back to BWO+ on 8-23-10--lost pregnancy pounds & inches in 6 months!

Goal is health improvements~~not just lost inches & pounds

Comment

While we are on the subject of Organs in Place, I did this two nights in a row according to (this article), and the second morning after this exercise, I woke up with the worst back pain. Is this related to putting the organs in place? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

ETA: Nothing else has been different. I am still doing the same T-Tapp workout, eating the same, sleeping the same, etc.

Holly

"God has your comeback planned and it's going to be glorious." ~ Joyce Meyer

Comment

Hmmm....be gentle when moving. Sometimes when we get in a hurry, we can force things quickly. Make sure you are relaxing your stomach before you start the move, then gently and slowly move things around. I have more thoughts but they need thought out first....

FANTASTIC written "why" Elizabeth!

*..Kayla Howard
                Master T-Tapp Trainer
                From Idaho to "virtually" anywhere!
                Homeschooling Mom
                www.kaylahoward.com
                My Success Story
                Grab Your FREE Guide to Consistency
                God-Made eCookbook FREE
                Work with me for 30 days!

Comment

Well, I thought I was moving slowly because I had to read the directions for each position, but I suppose I could be more mindful. I also remembered yesterday that I had the Essure procedure done almost two years ago and I have inserts in my fallopian tubes. I wonder if that could have caused the pain?

Holly

"God has your comeback planned and it's going to be glorious." ~ Joyce Meyer

Comment

Possibly--For a faster answer I suggest you call the office and see what they say!

*..Kayla Howard
                    Master T-Tapp Trainer
                    From Idaho to "virtually" anywhere!
                    Homeschooling Mom
                    www.kaylahoward.com
                    My Success Story
                    Grab Your FREE Guide to Consistency
                    God-Made eCookbook FREE
                    Work with me for 30 days!

Comment

Working...
                    X