Best workouts/tips for rib cage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best workouts/tips for rib cage?

Newbie here! After four pregnancies, my rib cage expanded. I understand that the breathing techniques can actually shrink my rib cage (I am beyond ecstatic). A TINY bust and large rib cage isn't a pretty sight.

Anyway, which workouts would you recommend? Are there specific exercises that work better than others? Or is it just the breathing?

Thanks from someone ready to go on the t-tapp path!

Lisa

Really exhaling all of the air in your lungs and lifting ribs during the exercises really cinches in the ribs/waist.

Cheryl

Progress pics (updated 07-11-08)

Cheryl

Progress Pics(updated 08-22-08)

Comment

Breathing, exhale FULLY before all twisting movements, and Total workouts, best movement for a barrel chest is TTT.

Michelle Barbuto - Senior T-Tapp Trainer
      Updated website and training schedule www.fitwithsix.com
      T-Tapp Trainer Mentor Want to be a T-Tapp Trainer?
      How can I help you? Testimonials
      Email me michelle@t-tapp.com

sigpic

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
      (`*.Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
      Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
      .*)

http://fitwith6.com
      EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
      Follow me on Twitter
      Connect on Pinterest

Comment

My ribcage had really expanded after having seven pound twins,(over seven pounds each!) T-tapp over all has helped, but I really noticed a difference after doing the Broom workout at Safety Harbor last year. My ribs were so sore, but I noticed the base of my ribcage didn't flare out like before. I also lost 3" on my upper abs.

www.thechicpeach.com

www.thechicpeach.com

Comment

Thanks all! So "pretty please" tell me which workout to get? Basic, Total or Broom? Money is REALLY tight lately, so I don't want to go more than I have to at first. I am thrilled that it is 30% off today! Yay!

In these videos, am I taught how to breathe properly? Or should I just follow your advice?

From what I see on the website, the videos are very slow-paced. I have been working out with Tae Bo for the last months and love them. I just seem to have stalled and it wasn't help my core very much.

Other than the rib cage, I need to work on my transverse muscles (diastasis recti) and butt/thighs. I am 5"4", 115 pounds. Added all that in case it helps you choose the right workout for me!

You ladies are awesome! Thanks again.

Lisa

Comment

justkim,

You lost 3" in one weekend? Wow! How many hours did you work out? Has your rib cage stayed its smaller size?

Kudos to you for delivering 7 pound twins - just awesome!

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Michelle knows whereof she speaks--I followed that tip and lost 1 1/2 inches off my rib cage in a couple of weeks. I can relate to "TINY bust and large rib cage" after twelve full-term deliveries! Last weekend we celebrated our 28th anniversary and I tried on my wedding dress and the only place it was tight was in the rib cage, so still working on it.

Trainer Kirsten commented at a workshop that being held as a baby on a mother's hip facing out (with arm under baby's ribs) is also a contributing factor. Yikes, I've done that to my own!

Charlotte
              Blessed and busy mom of 12
              127" and 110 lbs. GONE so far!
              Starting size: 22W, Current size: 4
              Yes, You Can!
              See what T-Tapp did for me: http://www.t-tapp.com/success/charlotte/default.asp

**Charlotte Siems**
              T-Tapp Master Trainer, certified in Senior Fit

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
              Homeschooling mom of 12, size 22W to 6 with T-Tapp!
              email:
              charlotte@t-tapp.com
              FREE guides on Consistency and The Happy Home Backup Plan at:
              www.CharlotteSiems.com

Comment

I would get the Total workout, it is the meat and potatoes of T-Tapp AND is discounted 30% today only.

Michelle Barbuto - Senior T-Tapp Trainer
                Updated website and training schedule www.fitwithsix.com
                T-Tapp Trainer Mentor Want to be a T-Tapp Trainer?
                How can I help you? Testimonials
                Email me michelle@t-tapp.com

sigpic

Michelle Barbuto RN - Specializing in Physical Rehab Nursing
                (`*.Master T-Tapp Trainer, Trainer Mentor,
                Mommy Fitness Trainer, Forum Moderator
                .*)

http://fitwith6.com
                EMAIL: michelle@t-tapp.com

My Results using T-Tapp -->> Click Here

Become a T-Tapp Trainer --> TnT Mentor

Find me on Facebook!
                Follow me on Twitter
                Connect on Pinterest

Comment

Hi Lisa,

You can get what you need just using the Basic Workout Plus. T-Tapp Twist will really work on that torso, and is included in the BWO+!

The Total Workout is great too, as it includes Basic Workout Plus and then goes on further with more exercises. Airplanes is a fantastic move for working the breath and expanding/contracting the ribs, which is also what you are looking for in terms of trimming your torso/rib cage. This would be in the Total Workout.

Hope this helps!

Dorothy Hall
                  T-Tapp Trainer
                  Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)
                  Northern California (Sonoma, Napa & Lake Counties)
                  www.BrightBodyFitness.com

Dorothy Hall
                  T-Tapp Trainer
                  Sonoma, CA

Staying Fit & Hip during perimenopause and beyond!

www.BrightBodyFitness.com
                  Trainer Profile

Need a website? Check out my T-Tapper discount!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to start!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lisabees

Newbie here! After four pregnancies, my rib cage expanded. I understand that the breathing techniques can actually shrink my rib cage (I am beyond ecstatic). A TINY bust and large rib cage isn't a pretty sight.

Anyway, which workouts would you recommend? Are there specific exercises that work better than others? Or is it just the breathing?

Thanks from someone ready to go on the t-tapp path!

Lisa
                      Hey...you just described me! (big ribs - v. small bust)
                      I'm glad to know we can reverse this!
                      I have a short torso and have had 6 babies..
                      I couldn't figure out why my ribs were so big??[?]
                      I didn't know that we [u]*exhale*</u> before the twist/bend...glad i popped into this thread!!

AngelLeigh
                      Size 12....10....8.....6...Seven (7) months of T-Tapp (began 11/18/07)
                      28 inches lost & 18 pounds

&gt;&lt;((((&gt;.`..`...&gt;&lt;(((( &gt;

TimeToFly...SoarWithEagles

Lost 28 inches-only 9 lbs-in 7 months....Size 14 to 6 since Nov '07...just T-TAPP'n !!
                      size 6 and 140#... my previous size 10 weight!
                      Grand Prize Winner 2008/LadyBug w/o - my Success Story:http://www.t-tapp.com/challenge2008/angelac/index.html

Scott is my 'Tapp Partner' for life...BFF! my Man is 2009 60-Day Challenge Winner--http://t-tapp.com/challenge2009/60-DayChallenge/scottc/index.html
                      SAHM-Hmschlg-Mom to 6 (4 redhead boys ages 3-9!) + 16 & 19yo son & daughter (+10 miscarriages)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fruitvine

Michelle knows whereof she speaks--I followed that tip and lost 1 1/2 inches off my rib cage in a couple of weeks. I can relate to "TINY bust and large rib cage" after twelve full-term deliveries! Last weekend we celebrated our 28th anniversary and I tried on my wedding dress and the only place it was tight was in the rib cage, so still working on it.

Trainer Kirsten commented at a workshop that being held as a baby on a mother's hip facing out (with arm under baby's ribs) is also a contributing factor. Yikes, I've done that to my own!

Charlotte
                        Blessed and busy mom of 12
                        127" and 110 lbs. GONE so far!
                        Starting size: 22W, Current size: 4
                        Yes, You Can!
                        See what T-Tapp did for me: http://www.t-tapp.com/success/charlotte/default.asp
                        Yeah Charlotte--
                        I noticed that too...almost didn't get into my 10th anniv dress just because i had to REALLY SQUEEZE my upper ribs into a side-zipper!

AngelLeigh
                        Size 12....10....8.....6...Seven (7) months of T-Tapp (began 11/18/07)
                        28 inches lost & 18 pounds
                        &gt;&lt;((((&gt;.`..`...&gt;&lt;(((( &gt;

TimeToFly...SoarWithEagles

Lost 28 inches-only 9 lbs-in 7 months....Size 14 to 6 since Nov '07...just T-TAPP'n !!
                        size 6 and 140#... my previous size 10 weight!
                        Grand Prize Winner 2008/LadyBug w/o - my Success Story:http://www.t-tapp.com/challenge2008/angelac/index.html

Scott is my 'Tapp Partner' for life...BFF! my Man is 2009 60-Day Challenge Winner--http://t-tapp.com/challenge2009/60-DayChallenge/scottc/index.html
                        SAHM-Hmschlg-Mom to 6 (4 redhead boys ages 3-9!) + 16 & 19yo son & daughter (+10 miscarriages)

Comment

Working...
                        X