difficulty urinating after catheter removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficulty urinating after catheter removal

I had a sling put in to help with urinary incontinence one week ago. Could not urinate so they sent me home with a catheter, which was removed yesterday. I urinated yesterday but don't feel like it is all coming out. Doc said sit in warm baths and move around which I did, helped some but now I can tell my bladder is filling up. Anyone have any great ideas to help? I really don't want to get re-catheterized.

Thanks,
    Terry[V]

ps- sorry - not a great topic....but thought maybe some tapper could help

Good luck Terry....hope things work out for you. Will be thinking of you today!
    Hugs,
    Lynda in Madrid

Lynda

Comment

What about organs in place? Are you tender in the bladder region?

P-L-A-Y Come on, push it. You can do it.
      Just tapp already, would ya?!?

<font color=\"red\">Just push PLAY. I mean, really, the tapes/DVDs won\'t work unless you actually *do* them. Just start.</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Ging - I would be afraid to do OIP yet. But maybe I will try lightly.

Terry

Comment

See, I kinda wondered if that would be too much, after I even posted it. I think you need to call your doctor's office......still not able to go yet? Or are you able to go but still not able to feel it?

Poor chica!

~~gingerb[:X]

<font color=\"red\">Just push PLAY. I mean, really, the tapes/DVDs won\'t work unless you actually *do* them. Just start.</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Oh Terry, I hope that you can call your Drs office and see what they think that you should do if you are still having troubles this morning! HUGS!

Tina

"The ultimate in being healthy is to operate at full throttle—physically, emotionally, and spiritually."

— Oprah Winfrey

Tina

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.”---Robert Frost

Comment

Catheters tend to paralyze the bladder muscle but it's only temporary. It will improve in a few days. IN the mean time just sit on the stool, relax, maybe run some water from the faucett while your their or turn the showe on. a lot of times just the sound of running water will make you go.

In memory of my Ej
              11-22-1923 to 12-10-2001.

We first make our habits....then our habits make us.

In memory of my Ej
              11-22-1923 to 12-10-2001.

Comment

I did some foot reflexology on my Dad in the hospital. It worked like a charm. I also mixed up a digestive blend of essential oils in a carrier. He was very shocked it worked so quickly.

T-tapp Trainer, New Hampshire
                ACE Certified Personal Trainer

Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed NH & ME
                http://massagebyjane.com

Comment

That foot reflexology works SOOOO well. At SH, Reed, the reflexologist, was working on my feet and touched the area that corresponds to the ovaries. I yelped!

He says, oh honey, some problems there?

Uh yeah. Very late, starting to get concerned, etc.

He says, oh no worries, it'll be fine, Ging.

That was on Friday. My period started Sunday.

I didn't tell Reed about it, but boy was I happy and tickled silly.

~~gingerb[:X]

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!

I am going (urinating) but I don't feel like I am empyting my bladder completely, I am just going a little bit. I really don't want to call the DRs because I am almost positive that they will put another catheter in and I do not want that. I am trying to just ride it out, I feel bloated but not too uncomfortable and not in pain. So I hope I am not hurting anything by just giving it time.

Hmm, foot reflexology sounds interesting.

Terry

Comment

Hi Terry,

So sorry to hear of your troubles with your bladder.

As someone who suffered from bladder incontinence I know how tough this can be. It's hard to give out advice on such a delicate issue...BUT..if I was you, I would be doing Hoedowns. I would hoedown every hour or two. Drink tons of water, get in good fiber to ensure I had good BM EVERYDAY and then do the OIP/HF. If I couldnt do the OIP I would at least do the HF. But Hoedown hoedown hoedown intil the cows come home! Stretch that area with the HD"S and HF to get the lymphs moving and the water flowing.

That's what I did when I first started T-Tapping. It has worked for me. No more incontinence and a healthy water flow. But you have to be consistent. Every day! HD HD HD!

Good luck Terry...I'll be thinking of you.

CherylKay

http://tapptapp.blogspot.com/

http://tapptapp.blogspot.com/

Comment

CherlyKay,

Thanks, I didn't even think of HDs! Last week I had surgery to help with the incontinence, so that is why I am hesitant about OIP just yet. I did try them lightly this morning, tyring to focus on where my bladder is and not where the stitches would be. But HDs sound like a great idea. I am on a stool softener for the next week to help with BMs, so far so good in that area.

JaneB,
                        Would still be able to share the blend of essential oils you did for your dad, maybe I could try that.

You all are such a wealth of information, thanks so much!

Terry

Comment

I will have to email you the recipe tonight. I got it from my essential oils book at home.

Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed NH & ME
                          http://massagebyjane.com

Comment

Terry,

Besides checking with doc and allowing for post-op recovery time, I'd like to suggest deepening and doubling your Primary Back Stretch.

This move, as you know, quite powerfully connects nerve transmission through the spine and is I believe largely responsible for the relief from incontinence, along with OIP and Half Frogs, that T-Tappers experience. Twice a day on this will help to improve nerve transmission to the pelvic floor and cavity and all the organs within.

By deepen, I mean to activate even more completely everything as you go through the stretch. When rounding the back, place thumbs to inside of above the knees, straighten elbows, press on the knees and pull elbows in toward eachother while you really round through the back and breathe into the back of your lungs to stretch the spine. When you go into the scoop, lift that tail and roll shoulders down and back from ears; and keep the isometrics through the legs with KLT. In the flat back portion (beginning section) lift the tail higher, tighten more, KLT between - keep everything active! And so on. Twice a day through PBS.

Kegel exercises might also help bring nerve transmission and improved function to the area. And if unsure of OIP, you could Half Frog possibly?

By the way, has doc told you this is normal for this point post-op?

Thinking of you,
                            Lani

Head T-Tapp Trainer
                            lani@t-tapp.com
                            http://www.bodywisdombylani.com
                            http://p097.ezboard.com/bbodywisdombylani

Lani Muelrath, MA, CGFI, CPBN, T-Tapp Trainer
                            www.lanimuelrath.com
                            blog: Lani's Blog
                            Fitness Expert for Dr. John McDougall's Health and Medical Center
                            email lani@lanimuelrath.com

Comment

Lani,

Thanks for the tips I will give that a try. Someone had suggested HDs and I just tried 1/2 a set. Was pretty wobbly. I will try a PBS this evening.

The doc asked if I feel that I am empyting my bladder, well not really but other than feeling bloated I am not feeling too uncomfortable. I feel a little more is being excreted today than yesterday. I am kind of playing it hour by hour. I just worry about not everything not working properly. But the doc checked and everything looked good when the catheter was removed, just still swollen. Which will contribute to the problem I am experiencing. I think patience (unless I begin feeling too uncomfortable or pain) is the best for now. I sure hope this was all worth it. Althought this morning I sneezed and didn't try to hol back and no leaks!

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X