PDA

View Full Version : Liposomal Vitamin C - Make it at home cheap

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ayj67
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Yoli, what do you mean gram in Lipo C.

Each tablespoon is 15 gram/ml of Lipo C. Or do you mean the vitamin C content within the Lipo C?

I will suspect it is close to 450mg of vitamin C for ascorbic acid, that you can absorb via liposomal delivery to liver. Rosehip, I don't know...

ayj67
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
"Rosehip powder containing per 100 gr,
895 kilojoules Energy, Protein 6.5 grams Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 3.8 g, fiber 4.7 g, Vitamin C 705 milligrams, also contains rosehips powder Vitamin A, Vitamin B, several different, Rich in potassium and magnesium, bioflavonoids, beta-carotene, Pectins."

I saw another quote from Livestrong that each 100 gram of rosehip give 1200 mg of vitamin C.

So, 30 gram (2 tablespoon) of rosehips powder give 235 -360 mg of vitamin C. We then stretch this vitamin C into 12 oz or 24 tablespoon of Lipo Rosehips.

Each tablespoon of Lipo Rosehip has 10mg - 15mg of Vitamin C. 2 Tablespoon of Lipo Roship has 20 - 30 mg of Vitamin C.

I think we have weight our rosehip powder to figure out exact how heavy the rosehip powder in each tablespoon in comparison to water, as it was heavy and my 1 lbs of rosehip does not last that long.

So, that it the experiment next time, I will weight my rosehip powder.

This is very interesting, I cannot explain why the rosehip power Lipo C works so great if not for the bioavailablity and bio synergy factors of natural food.

Yoli2k
01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Ayj, I was watching an Oral summit. (I have bad teeth) One of the biological dentist said you should be taking at least 6 grams of vitamin C. So, I didn't know how much Lipo C I would have to take to measure 6 grams. Does that makes sense?

Thanks.

Yoli

ayj67
01-21-2013, 01:39 PM
6 grams of buffered ascorbic vitamin C, that is like a equivalent of 1 gram of C in Lipo C in ascorbic acid. 2 tablespoon our standard dosage of Lipo C in ascorbic acid format.

Well, you are still going to take 2 tablespoon of Lipo C in Rosehips.

Maybe you want to just do the 2 tablespoon first thing in the morning, and then 2 tablespoon before lunch.

Bad teeth in what sense? MSP and MSM are great for remineralization, including the DE you have with silica.

Make sure you are alkalized with your green (your green supplement works), you might need some apple cider vinegar or lemon juice too, with sufficient magnesium (from mag oil soak) your bone and teeth should be stronger.

How is your nail doing since Lipo C? My nail is getting so much stronger after 2 months of Lipo C.

If you suspect deep rooted inflammation and infection, you need to have Oil of Oreganol everyday and keep up with the lymphatic. The mullein and lobelia herb I gave you, drink them as tea everyday along with OoO, it will help getting rid of the deep rooted tooth and root canal infection overtime. Keep up with your stepping and lymphatic. Sluggish lymphatic is a contributor to bad tooth infection that won't go away.

Yoli2k
01-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Ayj, I hate the dentist and I they pulled one of my teeth (Wisdom tooth) He said the cavity hit the nerve and I needed a root canal. I will no longer do root canals (I still have about 4 root canals crowns in my mouth) So I told him to just pull it out. The tooth next to it, he had just filled last week and it hurts to chew on it, so he has to probably take the filling out and do what??? On the other side (top left) I have inflamed gums and would bleed very bad when I flossed, I have slowed that down quite a bit and puffyness and bleeding has gone down. He says I am loosing bone there and they need to do an onlay. I don't know what any of that is. Oh, and that tooth still has an amalgam filling, my last one. I am currently trying to look for a Biological dentist in my area, which is not easy at all.

I do have MSP and had taken it a while back but thought it wasn't helping. I just started again. I will be doing the Mag oil and I have Oil of Oregano. I have been oil pulling with Coconut oil also. I just stopped flossing a couple a days ago and am now using an oral irrigator. I found one you install in your shower so no splashing the whole bathroom sink and mirror.

I have been taking 4 Tbls in the morning, should I break it up? So, 2 Tablespoons equal 1 gram of Vit C?

ayj67
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Yoli, break up the dosage, so you have a more steady supply of Vitamin C.

Also try to add one more dosage of 2 tablespoon mid-afternoon, if that does not affect your sleeping pattern, please continue on, you have quite a bit of infection and inflammation going on right now.

I will say, in addition to taking OoO internally, add OoO rinse (some water and add a few drop of OoO) and gargle after your oil pulling. You might also consider add a few drops of OoO in your coconut oil when you do oil pulling. Keep up with your Zeolite or DE, you might have heavy metal from those fillings too.

I had bad bleeding gum too, but it is a past tense. Use OoO and DE to brush your teeth, with Lipo C dosaging, over time your gum will not bleed anymore.

TuffyTee
01-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Ayj - What is MSP and DE that you have mentioned above?

ayj67
01-22-2013, 02:52 AM
MSP is monosodium phosphate
http://www.greenharmonyliving.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=69

DE is Diatomaceous Earth
You can get it any place for as long as it is food grade from permaguard. We have a thread of it. It is a good source of silica, and it detox and deworms.
http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?73891-Diatomaceous-Earth&highlight=diatomaceous+earth

Yoli2k
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi Ayj, thanks so much for helping me!!! I will keep it up. I know you have talked about Leaky gut and my Husband thinks he has that. I don't remember your protocol. Can you help me with that too please? He has Hypothyroidism, extreme adrenal fatigue, total exhaustion. Whole body hurts severely. He also says he doesn't feel any emotions at all. He read the symptoms for leaky gut and he thinks he has that.

Thanks again for your help!!

BlessedMama
01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Another great use for Lipo C--my lips were really dry and cracking, nothing was helping. I upped my water, used coconut oil, lysine, extra flax oil, etc. I was talking to Lauren at the office yesterday and mentioned trying lipo C and she really encouraged me to do so. So I smeared some on! My girls laughed at my orange "lipstick" and "Kool-Aid" style mustache, but IT WORKED! No cracks in the corners of my mouth and my regular lip balm is keeping up better now! WOO-HOO!

mamalove
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Wow--that is so cool, Trisch! The things that we'd never think about doing! LOL!

ayj67
01-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Ayj, thanks so much for helping me!!! I will keep it up. I know you have talked about Leaky gut and my Husband thinks he has that. I don't remember your protocol. Can you help me with that too please? He has Hypothyroidism, extreme adrenal fatigue, total exhaustion. Whole body hurts severely. He also says he doesn't feel any emotions at all. He read the symptoms for leaky gut and he thinks he has that.

Thanks again for your help!!

Yoli, I did the Dr. Christopher Protocol. That is herbal and elimination diet for 25 days. I think I went over that on the Detox thread and I also talked about that at the JJ Virgin book thread. I think this discussion will be more appropriate to move to the JJ Virgin thread. Gergana in Hungary is doing that too, so much as well join the conversation there.

http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?77282-Free-JJ-Virgin-Diet-Book-Grab-it-ASAP&p=905161#post905161

lis
01-23-2013, 01:30 AM
So i finally made my lipo with the starwest rosehips. It tasted far better than the original batch I made with the mixture of rosehips/C/elderberry.
It also came out with a pudding consistency rather than a liquid and its orange instead of white. It didn't taste metallic the first day... now it does.
I don't have the US I did it with the blender. It has separated a bit, (the other one didn't) I'm not sure if it worked...
I took 1 TBSP first thing it the am for three days and so far I don't feel any different.
I am using an old glass jar with a metal lid- could that be a problem? all the glass jars I have are with metal lids.
last time, after the blender I put the brew in a kitchen aid with the whisk for 20 minutes... I thought maybe that gave the metal taste and so I skipped it this time
however this time it did separate. Does anyone have an opinion as to whetther the kitchen aid step would add value- I thought perhaps it could be a stand in for the US.
ayg- what brand of OoO do you recommend? Also, do you have any opinions on biotin? I read that it can help with hair thining and graying. My hair has just started thinning.

also did you guys see mercolas newsletter the other day about not using soy lecitin in lipo c... thoughts?

ayj67
01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Linda,

The gold standard is North America Herbs and Spice's OoO. I now use generic from MountainRoseherbs.com, make sure you dilute generic OoO with EVOO if you get essential oil from mountainrose, as it is not diluted. NAHS's is diluted.

I have no idea about just biotin, but I will look into multiple nutrient deficiency and thyroid issues if you have thinning hair. Graying is a sign of adrenal/liver impairment, and hopefully, Lipo C will help.

If you have a wide spectrum of nutrient from your daily diet (good protein & minerals from vibrant color vegetables) then I will look into digestive issues. Digestive enzyme and probiotics... Add apple cider vinegar in water (1 tablespoon in 8 oz of water), if the taste is too horrible, add a wedge of lemon and add some black strap molasses.

Our standard recommended dosage of Lipo C is 2 tablespoon first thing in the morning. If you suspect you have inflammation, thyroid and adrenal issues, you want to try having another 2 tablespoon before lunch.

Thyroid and adrenal function are very dependent on nutrients (especially minerals), I will suggest you look into Alfalfa and Gentle transition that T-Tapp store carries. I just started on the digestive enzyme from T-Tapp today, I will let you know if I feel better.

BlessedMama
01-23-2013, 09:30 AM
lis, I am taking closer to 1/4 cup a day--2 doses of 2 TB each. I did switch to a plastic lid for my jars...that might be part of it? I use a whisk to mix the rosehips mixture because it tends to clump, so I don't think just from the mixing should affect it.

I do get some separation--I just shake it up. I haven't had a huge improvement but I have noticed small ones. And the thing going on with my lips--wowee! After the second application topically yesterday, my lips are no longer peeling!!!! For the first time in TWO MONTHS! :clappinghands:

So although I don't have the u/s jewelry cleaner, either, it's obviously got some good qualities to it! :D

HTH!

cbuffy
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Mine sometimes separates and sometimes doesn't. Even the same batch. One day it will be separated, and the next it won't, but will the day after. No rhyme or reason. I keep it in a big pickle jar with metal lid in the fridge. I do use the US. But just got it for Christmas, so was only using my blender before that, and the results were the same.

I'm finding that, since starting, I've had MORE cold sores than in a year. (I'm just getting over #3) I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not drinking nearly enough water. I don't know why I can't seem to drink water. I keep a 34 ounce container on my desk all day long. Within arms reach. And yet, at the end of the day, it's often still half full. Sheesh! Set a timer on my phone? I was doing better when I was putting grapefruit oil in it, but it ate my straw. Anyhow, I'm enjoying the extra energy. I take 1/3 cup when I get up in the morning and don't eat breakfast until I get to the office - usually over an hour later. I feel an almost immediate boost of energy and no hunger - I normally wanted food within minutes of my feet hitting the floor!

lis
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
thanks for all the replies everyone!

Yoli2k
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Uh oh, I though OoO was organic olive oil? EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Ollie
01-23-2013, 03:09 PM
If you are using canning jars, Walmart has the one piece plastic replacement lids so that you don't have to deal with those two piece metal ones. Much easier to deal with when you are not actually canning/sterilizing the contents. I use wide mouth jars all the time for storing and these plastic lids are such a convenience.

ayj67
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Uh oh, I though OoO was organic olive oil? EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Yoli, Oil of Oreganol. I think Dr. Mercola recommends OoO and Garlic as the best anti-biotics.

ayj67
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
About Lecithin, we are using Non-gmo soy lecithin, and the lecithin is normally not the problematic portion of the soy.

Since Mary Shomon (Thyroid and Adrenal guru) and Teresa (extremely health conscious) are both not worried about non-gmo soy lecithin; and Buffy and Trisch both have thyroid issue had no adverse effects with Lipo C for these 2 months, I will say, just watch for you own body's reaction.

There are sunflower lecithin powder you can try as an alternative to non-gmo soy lecithin.

ayj67
01-24-2013, 08:46 PM
I think I need to make Lipo C for the facial, yup, definitely on the lips too.

I just realized that I have not been drink cayenne for 3 months, not since I started Lipo C. I don't have that cold front headache, although I have the cold and flu headache for a few seconds for a few times over the last 3 months.

This Lipo C challenge is really easy to stick with, pun intended.

Callicrowe
01-31-2013, 08:29 AM
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted or not, but it just came to my email box so I thought I'd share it here. Might be a good option for some folks who don't want to make it themselves for whatever reason. There's a lot of information about lip C from Dr. Mercola's perspective. I haven't read the entire article, but it looks interesting and he's usually very thorough.

http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-c/?e_cid=20130131_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20130131&source=nl

ayj67
01-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Peggy, the Dr. Mercola came to my email last night too. I decide to buy some to try, it was not too expensive, but it is ascorbic acid.... For people who fear soy, Dr. Mercola's uses the organic sunflower lecithin.

I will leave at my computer bag, I hope no refrigeration needed. For the days that I have to commute, I might take a few in the afternoon and see if that makes a difference for fatigue. It will be handy for the days that I am on vacation or trips, no need to worry glass jars breaking and refrigerated.

However, I am still going to make my own homemade ones as my primary Lipo-C.

Callicrowe
01-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Ayj, I hadn't thought about the convenience factor when traveling, etc. Good idea. I thought about getting some to try.

ayj67
01-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Peggy, I found a 5% off coupon code on the internet. Order now, it is free shipping and you can do that 5% off (expires today 1/31/2013)...

PRM121351

Callicrowe
02-01-2013, 12:16 AM
I went to the site to order some and it's out-of-stock and won't be available for a few weeks. I should have ordered it this morning when I saw it.

lewnat
02-01-2013, 08:01 AM
I have been doing bio-energetic consultations for almost 20 years. I work with the energy fields and it is fascinating how the body takes care of itself.

Our bodies talk and we should be listening! If you cannot "choke" something down, it is the body's way of saying, "Do NOT send that down here!!" In fact, this is a good way to gauge dosing for vitamins, etc. If a capsule or pill is getting stuck or dragging down your throat, consider that your body does not want the dose or the product at all.

In this case, it is very possible that there is a sensitivity to soy - not an uncommon thing - and the body is rejecting it. So, abandon ship! You do not need it or it does not agree with you.

By the way, the T-Tapp program tests very strongly when energy tested - meaning it agrees with the body. So does the Better Body Alfalfa. What a great thing to know. It does no harm - it just helps.

Ollie
02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
After making 1 single batch and 2 double batches, I've decided to do the baking soda test. Almost no foam, Yippee! Like many of you, I didn't want to waste it so I am using up the baking soda tested lipoC and I find it goes down better. I know somewhere here in the thread that it was mentioned that the baking soda is "almost a necessity", but I don't want to deter from the original recipe that everyone is having so much success with. I can tolerate the original with a tad bit of lemon to get it over the taste buds. I'm not sure I want to Liposome the baking soda, but adding a pinch when I am taking a dose, would that be a good alternative? Any thoughts, pro or con? I know it's a little late, but I finally got on the band wagon about 4 weeks ago. Thanks a bunch.

Linda O
02-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Michelle, some people intentionally add baking soda to their Lipo-C (before or after sonication) because they believe that the substance should be pH neutral to be accepted into the body/cells better. The encapsulation test at the end can ONLY be performed if you do NOT add baking soda at the beginning. Otherwise, your solution is already neutralized, and it will not foam due to this. Many people have great success with the pH neutral Lipo-C. I am on another group that delves very deeply into this process and discussed it with various types of experimentation. But on this group, many are using Rosehips and not buffering it. They are also finding success. However, in order to tell if encapsulation is occuring (or what percentage), you must perform the baking soda test. BTW, not all baking soda is created equally. Some is chemically produced, and other brands are mined and more pure. I prefer to use the mined brands, such as Bob's or Frontier Herbs, etc. It should say pure sodium of bi-carbonate if it is mined, but perhaps the other commercial brands can also state that, though they are chemically produced.

Carol H, some people are using sunflower lecithin vs. soy lecithin. If someone suspects that they are having trouble with soy, this is a good option. Also, if someone is wanting to avoid solvents, the organic liquid lecithin from Lekithos is the only option that I am aware of for this. Even their powdered lecithin or non-organic sunflower liquid lecithin are extracted with solvents. I know that I am more of a "purist," but if someone is looking to avoid chemicals as much as possible or soy, there are other options out there.

Ayj, I heard of Dr. Mercola's new product. Some were wondering if the sunflower lecithin was extracted with solvents. Do you know the answer to that...was it stated in his product description? I have not looked at it at all. I have been making my own with the organic liquid sunflower lecithin using a bench-top sonicator, with good success.

I apologize if I am asking questions or stating things that have already been covered in this thread. I have not totally caught up with reading all of it.

Linda O
02-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Oh, one more comment about encapsulation and determining if this is happening in your solution (especially if you are choosing not to sonicate)... If you are not buffering your Vit C (ex: using Rosehips or Ascorbic Acid without baking soda) and your finished Lipo-C is truly being encapsulated with the lecithin, it should not still have the sour taste, since the vit c would be surrounded by the phosolipids. The lower the encapsulation rate, the more sour the end product. So, if you taste your original concotion prior to sonicating and post-sonication, you should taste a difference. Also, separation or settling of lecithin upon sitting/storing would be a sign of non-encapsulation of that lecithin. The more lecithin settling, the less encapsulation.

Hope this helps!

Yoli2k
02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
So, should we add baking soda to our batches now? If so how much? When do you add it? and where do you add it, to the rosehip or lecithin?

Thanks,

BlessedMama
02-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Well, I haven't added it to mine. I know I'm not a purist and probably could get more out of it if I got the u/s jewelry cleaner and added the baking soda--but I honestly am not sure I'd get my family to keep taking it and right now, I need simple. Maybe we'd get more out of it, and maybe I'll take those steps later. But I find if I start stressing about doing it "right", I will probably throw in the towel!

I'll get over that someday, but right now I need to KISS! :)

ayj67
02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
I am not planning to add baking soda, as I knew how horrible the taste would be... I will just make sure I have other alkalizing things added to my regular routine. Namely, keeping up with Alfalfla, lemon juice in water or apple cider vinegar in water. Soon, I will get an alkalizing water filter pitcher thing.

I am so not worried about acidity from rosehip powder. Could the 5-10 gram of rosehip powder be much worse than eating an orange or eating 8 oz piece of steak? Oh, let's not forget if we have to worry about acidity and alkalinity, do you drink baking soda everytime you eat a pack of M&M or a chocolate chip cookie, a big bowl of pasta or a slice of cake?

There is worry and there is a daily balancing act. If you eat green leaf veggie everyday, you have your additional dark green leaf in green smoothie, you take alfalfa, you have grapefruit, avocado, cayenne, ACV, lemon juice, then, do you really need to add baking soda?

Seaweed, kelp, chlorella, spirulina, spinach, barley grass, wheat grass, alfalfa supplements are all great alkalizing agents, come on, I know you guys are taking some of these on daily basis.

Look at the whole picture. If you don't have dark leafy green on a daily basis and you are not supplementing alkalizing agents, then please cut out your sugar, white flour, red meat, etc. I seriously worry more about these than the few grams of rosehip powder on a daily basis. I also worry more about dehydration acidity before worrying about acidity from ascorbic acid (4 grams per 2 tablespoon of Lipo C).

We are not doing IV, we are still doing an oral dosage and our liver is smart enough to balancing things out elements of our food that was consumed within 24 hrs.

However, if you really worry, add the baking soda. I don't intend to research how much and at what point to put them in. Like Trisch said, I like the recipe that I have been making, and I don't think I need to add more complication.

I do take Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda detox bath once a week....

Ollie
02-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry if I confused anyone with the baking soda question. I find that the taste is "mellower" with the baking soda, but I can handle the taste of the original recipe. Thank you for all the replies.

BlessedMama
02-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Oh no, Michelle! It's good to hear the different things everyone is learning! I just know if I don't keep it simple for now.....I won't do it! :p I'm interested in what others are learning because like I said, I may spring for the jewelry cleaner in the future, and it's good to know what is working for others.

Maybe by then my kids will be used to the taste so we can try the baking soda and see if we like it better or not! :D

ayj67
02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Michelle and Yoli,

I am not slashing out on baking soda, but what I wanted to say is to take all things in perspective. Look at the whole big pictures before worry ourselves sick on these food source supplement or good habits.

Our liver is a smart organ, it can take variation of food and nutrients with a wide margin of error and make things work for our body.

A long deficiency will never do, a little of up and down is totally fine. We need to ballpark our intake, and we do not need to worry about the gram precision with food source nutrients.

Listen to your body applies here too. Are you showing signs of acidosis? Are you gaining water weight, are you having pains at the joints, gout, dehydration, etc.? If not, then your overall acid alkalinity with your regular food is fine.

Yoli2k
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks so much, I feel much better now. It's hard when you start to hear different ways of doing things, you start to wonder what is the right thing to do or just give up. I will keep doing what I have been doing from the beginning.

I did buy the Liquid Sunflower Lecithin, will that work in the same way. Do I add it to water like the dry powder?? See what I mean? UGH!!

mav
03-05-2013, 05:57 AM
I just discovered that Amazon carries liposomal C by Dr. Mercola and it appears to be a brand new product with no reviews yet. Here's a link to his site - http://product's.mercola.com/vitamin-c/ I don't know if the ingredients meet your standards but I thought this thread would be a good place to mention my find in case it's an acceptable option for you guys to use when traveling or have on hand in case of equipment malfunction or ingredient shortage. Edited to say that on further reading Mercola's doesn't say it's non-gmo and has added ingredients. Also, still no reviews are available.

Blessedmommy
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Abbie, you might start liking how it makes you feel. Maybe you can hold your nose and have a gulp of water after. I'm just trying to learn how to make it myself.
I find even if it's yucky but I feel good on it I'd do it.

Just my 2 cents :balloon:I love anything that makes us healthy

JeanM
03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Ladies, if I want to make my own lipo-c should I use the recipe at the very beginning of this thread or has it been modified at some point.....if so, and someone has bookmarked the page the modifications are on, I'd love it if you could tell me. Also, does anyone know how much I should even start with dosage wise for a cold. I know about taking vit. c to bowel intolerance but with this type I don't even know where to start in dosage and should I take it all in the AM or spread it out during the day like you do with the regular vitamin c? I've been taking over 11,000 mgs. of ascorbic acid mixed with a little baking soda in water for 3 days and no bowel intolerance yet! Thank you so much.

Jean

ayj67
03-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Jean, the Post#1 is the updated recipe. The standard dosage is 1/4 cup a day. You can do 1 oz in the morning at empty stomach and then 1 oz before lunch.

I never remember to take supplement at lunch, so I double up or triple up and take it one shot in the morning.

JeanM
03-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Thank you so much! Just one more question.....I don't have a jewelry cleaner so I'm just using a blender.....do I skim the foam off or will it settle? Oops, two.....may I drink water with lemon in it or just plain water immediately after taking the stuff? I just took a dose and while there'd never be an issue with my drinking it for pleasure, it's not sour tasting at all.....not good tasting, but not sour! Hope that means I did something right!

Thanks again so very much and thank you for starting this thread and for all the ladies who've contributed so much to it!

Jean

just7
03-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Jean, I used just the blender for a while and experienced wonderful improvements! :)

JeanM
03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Thank YOU, Jennifer! Did you skim off the foam or let it settle down?

JeanM
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
OK, I just took the stuff that I made this morning out of the fridge. The foam was easy to get off in its cold state, but oh my, the taste is horrible! I think it does have somewhat of a sour taste now. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to gag this stuff down everyday. :-(

Has anyone found a capsule that would make a decent substitute in its effectiveness for the homemade stuff?

Jean

ayj67
03-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Jean, are you using rosehip powder?

JeanM
03-27-2013, 06:50 AM
No, I already had some Vitamin C powder that I bought from Whole Foods so I thought I would just use that until it was gone, then replace with the rosehip powder. Is there a certain brand I should buy? Also, ayj, what do you use as your product to encapsulate the C? I have a non GMO soy lecithin granules also from Whole Foods. Thank you so much. I'm dreading going down to the kitchen this morning, since the Vit C is the first order of business! :-( (shiver, shiver) :-)

Jean

just7
03-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Jean--I meant to get back on yesterday and answer your question.

I use the rosehips powder so I don't have any "foam". Not sure if I would be able to gag down the sour first thing in the morning either!! I use the Non-GMO soy lecithin powder I got from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have the NON-GMO soy lecithin NOW granules waiting in the wings as the other is almost gone. I got the rosehips from the same place. I will try the ones from amazon...Starwest or something like that...next.

JeanM
03-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks so much, Jennifer. I could not psyche myself up this morning to take the stuff I made so I just mixed up my Vit. C powder with water and a little baking soda and took it like I've been taking it all along. I'm getting ready to go away....when I get back I will order the rosehips and the ultrasonic cleaner and start over. I'm also trying to wade through all the pages of this thread before I order the cleaner to see if there's something I should know about which one to get.....so far I'm only on page 6, so not sure that's going to happen before I order my ingredients! Thanks for your help.

Is anyone using a retail liposomal C that they can vouch for the effectiveness of?

Jean

ayj67
03-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Jean,

If I were using asorbic acid, I probably would not be continuing Lipo C. Switch over to rosehip powder...

I have been taking Lipo C since end of Oct. Not complaints. I have adrenal fatigue, and I have been picking up every single germs, cold, flu, strep throat that is available.

I still get sick, but the symptoms was like 5% of the real thing. I still run the course, I will be tired by 4-5 pm, but I am not lying down sick on bed for days or weeks (like other people who does not have adrenal fatigue). I guess this is a strong enough testimony.

What I will suggest is to drink water, a lot of water. When you are sick, you drink water, when you have mild symptoms, you probably won't rest and drink as much water, and you will get dehydrated.

If you feel tired, let me tell you, you got a viral attack, take it easy, go to sleep earlier and drink a lot of water ( as sleep and water is what helps you to get over sickness).

Lipo C is some powerful anti-histamine, you might not have allergy symptoms anymore.

JeanM
03-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks so much, ayj, I will take your advice. I'm going out of town tomorrow until Sunday.....when I get back, I will order the rosehip powder and get the ultrasonic cleaner.....maybe both of those things combined will make the difference. Meanwhile, maybe I'll use the other stuff I made on my skin and just keep it away from my nose!

I'm glad the lipo c has helped you so much. I could definitely use some more energy so I'm looking forward to getting it in a form I can take.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jean

Titus2Mommy
04-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Does anybody have a separation in their lipo C? Mine does. Even so it is doing wonders for me and I am only taking 1 TBSP a day. If I up that to 1/4 cup results might be even better!

Angie

BlessedMama
04-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Yes, mine does, but not much. I just shake well before taking! :) I was doing well at about 1/4- 1/3 cup a day last week and need to keep it up this week. I really think that plus a new supplement I started is helping!

Titus2Mommy
04-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Trisch, Mine doesn't separate much either and I just shake it as well. It is good to know that is normal. I am amazed that in under a week I am feeling so much better (and I thought I was doing better without it!!). I am going to up my dosage. May I ask what the other supplement you started is?

Thanks,
Angie

BlessedMama
04-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Metabolic Advantage by Enzymatic Therapy. A friend here on the forums recommended L-Tyrosine and iodine, then the next day at church a good friend told me about how her basal body temps were coming up using this supplement that had those two in it as well as a host of other good stuff. I ordered it and started it about a week later and I can attest that already my temps have come up a tad, and my energy is better. I'm not "there" yet, but I can tell that and Lipo C are helping! And Royal Power Royal Jelly! Would not be without any of these three!

Titus2Mommy
04-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks, Trisch!

Angie

Titus2Mommy
04-22-2013, 08:34 AM
I have a friend who has cancer and is interested in the lipsomal C. Without reading through all these posts can anybody give me the best website for information for her?

Thanks,
Angie

LauraBeth
04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Is it normal for the finished product to separate while in the fridge? I made some yesterday and ran 7 cycles with my ultrasonic cleaner and it still seemed rather thin. Is this normal? Thanks!

ayj67
04-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Laurabeth, if you use ascorbic acid, it will be thin. If you use rosehip powder (2 tablespoon per 1/2 cup of water) it will be thick.

ayj67
04-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Angie,

Around this post 237, I posted some research on the cancer/radiation/chemo http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?77027-Liposomal-Vitamin-C-Make-it-at-home-cheap&p=904442#post904442

The fact is lipo C helps the liver helps the natural healing of cancer (if cancer is a toxin reaction). If you friend has chemo or radiation, they will need even more Lipo C to clean out side effect of the cancer treatment.

LauraBeth
04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Laurabeth, if you use ascorbic acid, it will be thin. If you use rosehip powder (2 tablespoon per 1/2 cup of water) it will be thick.

Thank you. I only used 1 T. of rosehip powder--I'll increase the amount next time.

Titus2Mommy
04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Aurora!

green
05-14-2013, 08:49 AM
I am excited to make this liposomal C!! Right now I am sitting in front of a good movie emptying my capsules of rosehips (oops, thought I got just powder). In the other ingredients it says: gelatin, may contain one or more of the following, magnesium stearate, silica. Hopefully those are the ingredients of the capsule itself. The main ingredient is rose hips-500mg.
I'll let you know how this all works out. I hope this thread is still active. I've been so excited reading through the entire thread!! Thanks for all the info, ladies!

just7
05-15-2013, 08:05 AM
We pop in and out, Green. :)

I've made two batches now with the Starwest Rose Hips Powder from Amazon and the NOW Non-GMO Lecithin Granules that I blend into powder. I do NOT like this mix as much as I do with the Rose Hips and Lecithin I got from Mountain Rose Herbs. Once I use up this stuff I'll be going back to the other!

green
05-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Well, I made the Lip C successfully, I think. It is thin but seems well mixed. Just a bit of shaking this morn. Then 2 T. down the hatch. It was very bland in taste to me (kinda buttery tasting actually)??? After hearing about the horrible taste and smell, I hope I did this correctly.
I remember reading that you should wait 1/2 hr. before eating. Should I wait 1/2 hr. before having coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2?
Not sure if anyone is still visiting this thread but I will post on what this Lip. C is doing for me!

green
05-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Hey, there, Jennifer!! I posted before realizing you replied. Good to see people are still here. How is the lip. C working for you?

eshlemania
05-15-2013, 04:03 PM
I wait 15 min before eating.

just7
05-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Hey, Green! :) I LOVE what Lipo C is doing for me. It seems to help with weight. Depression is almost non-existent now!! Energy and clear thinking. I can't do without it!

ayj67
05-16-2013, 10:44 AM
The most obvious effect on me was the anti-histamine. All the symptoms you feel when you have colds and flus, the runny nose, headache, congestion, etc, those are histamine effect.

I have adrenal fatigue and I pick up every single virus and germs out there and I have a 5 year old at public school. I have my share of germs, and Liposomal C helps to cut down the symptoms to almost nothing (1-5%) and it helps healing the liver and adrenal.

I also have barometer headache, when the cold front comes in (when temperature varies by 20 degrees from one day 2 the next), I have almost zero headache, unless cold front comes at the time I am a fighting viral attack.

Lipo C cannot give you the rest you need to keep yourself healthy, so you need to sleep.

Lipo C cannot reduce the water need when you need that to fight virus, so you definitely need to keep up with drinking water.

Since it help liver detox somewhat, you definitely need to drink more water, keep up with T-Tapp movements, sleep and with your good nutrients.

Fat feeds the brain, that is the Lecithin...

Fat and toxins are processed at the liver, the stronger and healthier liver you have, the less body fat and bloating you will have.

Good luck to you, I am looking forward to hear good effects from you.

green
05-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Well, I can't say I am feeling anything much different. I have only been taking the Lip. C for 6 days so we'll see. I don't really have any thyroid or adrenal issues that I know of, but I don't sleep well and I feel tired much of the time. Was hoping for some help with that. My Lip.C looks well mixed, but when I tried the baking soda test, there was no foam at all.
I had to empty capsules to get my rose hip powder, but the ingredients just says rose hips. Any thoughts? Does it sound okay?

MysticstarD
05-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I want to do this but I am wondering what is the difference between using ascorbic acid vs rosehips?

I have severe adrenal fatigue.

just7
05-21-2013, 08:05 AM
I know that I could not take asorbic acid as it tastes terrible---or so I have heard!! :) I actually crave my Lipo C with the rose hips. I have no problem taking it 2-3 times a day. Considering how much better I feel since taking it, I would say that the rose hips seems more palatable and doable---for me, anyway.

MysticstarD
05-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks Jennifer!!

BlessedMama
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
There were several ladies whose gut area was not happy with the ascorbic acid.

green, I think as long as it's just rosehips that's fine! How much are you taking right now? (maybe I missed you saying somewhere)

green
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Blessed Mama, I used the capsules (had to empty them) and under "other ingredients was gelatin, may contain one or both of the following magnesium stearate, silica. I am hoping these are the ingredients of the capsule itself and not in the powder! The main ingredient is 500 mg. rose hips.
I am taking 2+ T. first thing in the morning (I wait 15 min. before having my coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2), then 2+ T. 15 minutes before lunch.

BlessedMama
05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
They probably are fillers they use to keep the powder from clumping. It's pretty typical in capsules. I know of someone else who used what she had that way as she couldn't get the bulk rosehips powder for a reasonable cost (she was from another country). I haven't heard from her lately how she is doing.

I'm a fan of do what you can with what you have! I am needing to boost my dose to 1/4 cup twice a day. I would stick with what you're doing for a few weeks, and then maybe up the dose a bit. Although there may be other factors going on--watch the whites of the eyes to see if they get brighter, too.

HTH!

green
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks, Blessed Mama, I will use what I have but:( that it might have fillers. I will look for further for just plain ol' rose hip powder. I guess the C might not be encapsulated (is that the right term?) by the lecithin, although my mix is very well mixed, thick liquid, but not pudding like.
I would love the whites of my eyes to brighten!! They always look reddish and tired, blah! That in itself would be a Godsend (along w/ better sleep and less fatigue which probably causes the red, tired eyes!)

BlessedMama
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm sure it's getting some encapsulation. I don't have a jewelry cleaner, so I know it's not the highest percentage, but it's still better than nothing!

Are you using 1 or 2 TB rosehips to 1/2 cup water? Using the 2 TB to 1/2 cup water will help make it thicker. That's what I do (X 4!)

green
05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Trish, I am mixing 4 T. rose hips to 1 cup water and 6 T. lecithin to 2 c. water. Oh, and I still have not gotten any spring water. Just using tap which is quite tasty. Hope that is okay! I just started a new batch and the rose hips seem a bit thicker. I'll let you know how it turns out!

ayj67
05-23-2013, 01:05 AM
I know that I could not take asorbic acid as it tastes terrible---or so I have heard!! :) I actually crave my Lipo C with the rose hips. I have no problem taking it 2-3 times a day. Considering how much better I feel since taking it, I would say that the rose hips seems more palatable and doable---for me, anyway.

ditto... I won't do the ascorbic acid if you pay me. It is very horrible. Trust me, I can take a lot of horrible healthy stuff, but not the ascorbic Lipo C.

just7
05-23-2013, 08:01 AM
I've looked up to you, in that regard, Ayj!! :p If Ayj says it, then I believe it!! :)

green
05-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Yay! I just read the article on 8Aloha website to test the Lip.C and I had the idea wrong. I thought I was SUPPOSED to have 1/8-1/4 in of foam for the mix to be 75% effective. It reads that the less foam the MORE encapsulated it is. Mine has NO foam and he says I should major in chemistry (oh sure!) This makes me feel much better!
That being said...no measurable results from taking it for almost 2 weeks, but I like the taste, kinda buttery/nutty. I may try the ascorbic acid next time I order. I know, I know, the taste :p but we'll see!
Hope all is well with everyone!

ayj67
05-30-2013, 08:56 PM
You know what, liking the taste is a good thing, as your body is going to reject things that is harmful to you. I actually crave for Liposomal C when I first started. Every few hours, "why don't we have more Lipo C" just randomly pops up in my head. That is the sign I take that my body wants lipo C.

green
07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
It's been a long time since I or anyone has been on this thread so I hope you all are still out there! I had been making my Lipo C with Rose hips and actually enjoyed the taste but wasn't really "feeling" any difference. So I thought I would try the ascorbic acid version. Although I don't love the taste or smell, I can get it down. But I'm still not "feeling" any difference. I did the baking soda test (I read somewhere that this only works on the ascorbic acid mix) and it foamed all the way to the top of the glass! Is my mix even good? It always looks well mixed. I do not use the jewelry cleaner because I would be happy with 70%. Am I still getting something good out of this?

BlessedMama
07-23-2013, 10:46 AM
How much are you taking at a time, green? Or I should say, over the course of a day?

green
07-23-2013, 11:48 AM
With both the rose hip mix and the ascorbic acid mix I am taking a bit less than 1/4 c. first thing in the morning. I posted this a while back but I don't believe I have any adrenal or thyroid issues. I was hoping that it would help with sleep issues and better energy during the day, clear the whites of my eyes, inflammation and just general health.

BlessedMama
07-23-2013, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't be afraid to up it to 1/2 cup daily. And I know of some taking 1 cup daily to help with inflammation. It's a food based (with the rosehips) so it's not going to hurt you. I'm sure ayj can give us more info, but my goal is 1/2 cup daily, and since I ran out and life was busy, I'm going to shoot for 3/4-1 cup for awhile since I'm focusing on healing.

HTH!

ayj67
07-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi Green,

Liposomal C in general is great for inflammation. Since it goes directly to the liver and with vitamin C, it does some cleansing.

However, if you eye white are already yellow, you have some liver issue already? You might want to up the vitamin C even more, or look into a liver cleanse.

I was doing a mild liver cleanse with 2 egg yolks, 3 limes' juice and 1 tablespoon of cold pressed olive oil (enema or salt water flush hours later or next day), it is doing some good thing for my kind and health, and I am sure it is due to an improved liver.

You might want to consider adding turmeric and milk thistle to your rosehip powder mix. These two herbs are flamed for liver cleanse and liver help. Glutathione is another great supplement that you might want to add. If you want to liposomal glutathione, you need to find the unbuffered type.

Trouble sleeping is definitely a bile/liver response.

Apple cider vinegar and cayenne are already great as a daily mild liver cleanse and bile stimulation.

Are you constipated? You need to make sure you are eliminating well. Please make sure to drink a lot of water, really a lot of water if you are using a lot of lipo C and you have sluggish bile and sluggish bowel. You need to look at all the conditions you have and address all of them.

What kind of inflammation?

In addition, keep up with Primary Back Stretch, Hoe Down and Stepping, these are lymphatic moves will help circulate nutrient better and will also facilitate better cleansing and elimination.

Let me know more, and I will see if I have read something that might apply to you.

green
07-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks Trisch and ayj!! I'll try to be as detailed as I can. I was first of all wondering if my mix (ascorbic acid/soy lecithin) was even good since when I tested it foamed to the top of the glass!!

When I say that I would like the whites of my eyes to be clear I mean they are always red and tired looking. I'm guessing that is due to poor sleep, so I was hoping the Lipo C would help in that regard as I have read it helps others with sleep issues.

I forgot I bought a bunch of tumeric last summer! So I can just add this to my Lipo C mix? About how much should I add? Can I add the ACV to the mix also? Let's see if I can make this Lipo C mix taste even worse:laughing: I get a bit confused when it says some supplements need to be taken on an empty stomach (like the Lipo C) but can I take all the supplements together on an empty stomach? Or do I take all the supplements separately on an empty stomach:dontknow:

So that brings me to the glutathione which sounds amazing! I read up on it a bit after your recommendation. Should this be a separate Lipo mix or just mix all these yummy ingredients together in Lipo fashion?

I am not constipated so I must be drinking enough water. Does that mean I don't have a sluggish bowel/bile?

You've given me so much thoughtful information which just makes me ask more questions, so I hope you don't mind :)

I have been inconsistant w/ my Tapping and that should be the first thing I get control of!! Thanks for all your help with this, ayj!

ayj67
07-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi Green,

If your eye white is not yellowing, that is good. You don't have liver issue yet, that is a great thing.

ACV, drink it diluted with water or add a little baking soda, as a drink to alkalize your body and demineralized. Don't add it to the Lipo C.

I liposomal glutathione the same way I liposomal the rosehip powder (I actually got lazy and dissolve the unbuffered glutathione with rosehip (about 10 capsules).

Turmeric and milk thistle do not dissolve and suspend in the water well, I think you can just pop the capsule during the day. However, you don't need to be that rigid on these two if you liver is not damaged.

If your eyes are red and dry and tired all the time, it might be too much minerals. You might want to just drink AVC often and see if that got resolved. There is a Herbal Eyebright formula from Dr. Christopher, you might want to drink to see if the red-eye got clear up.

If you have patience, there is the herbal eye-bright tincture that can be diluted as eye wash, if you keep at it, you will get the clogged eye ducts unclogged, and there will not be dry eyes and red eyes anymore. The eye wash is very time consuming.

So, drink more AVC regularly and see if that helps first.

Not constipated is good.

green
07-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Wow! Thanks ayj! I will definitely get back to drinking the ACV. I have looked in the eye bright and plan on ordering some right away! I read about how to do the eye wash and am totally up to doing that if it works to brighten my whites!

I am sure someone mentioned it before but where are you buying the glutathione powder? Are they capsules you are opening up? I did that with the rose hips powder.

ayj67
07-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I got the Healthy Origins, Setria, L-Glutathione Reduced. 500 mg 60 capsules.

The main thing is you don't want buffered supplement to liposomal. Once it is buffered, it is not possible to liposome it. So, if you see magnesium, sodium or calcium "sterate", put that back.

It is very difficult to find Co-Q-10 non-buffered too.

As a general rule, you don't want extra buffering to add in unnecessary junk in your system.

Oh boy, I just find liposomal Glutathione capsules, 30 capsule for $44.

No thanks, I will make my home brew. Oh, and eat good glutathione precursors too! I prefer to eat than popping a pill.

http://www.naturalnews.com/028570_glutathione_GSH.html

"Two great food sources for high GSH production are unadulterated, undenatured whey and colostrum. They are both from bovine sources that are grass fed and not hormone or antibiotic injected. Colostrum is raw milk from the mother cow's first feeding of calves, which is converted into a powder.

The same for whey, which is converted to powders from milk solids. Disregard denatured or pasteurized whey that is sold as a protein source for body builders and athletes with claims of being unadulterated. They are denatured (pasteurized) and flavored, which contradicts unadulterated claims. Those wheys won't do much for GSH production.

For developing the highest GSH levels within your cells, whey or colostrum from pure raw milk is necessary.

Other GSH Boosters

Foods need to be raw and organic; dairy or meats should be from grass fed sources. Meat is not so great eaten raw. Raw eggs can be put into your blender with a protein mix. Organic walnuts, broccoli, asparagus, watermelon, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, turmeric, and ricotta cheese all contain or create the needed precursors for intracellular GSH creation.

And now the liver herb milk thistle has been discovered to greatly boost (http://www.naturalnews.com/boost.html) GSH. Glutathione is extremely important as an essential antioxidant, detoxifier, and immune system booster.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/028570_glutathione_GSH.html#ixzz2aGJL6lbR"

green
08-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Yesterday I found an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner at a garage sale for $1.00:clappinghands:It looked brand new and the gal said she did use it once. Is there something I should use to clean the inside that won't ruin the Lipo mixture?

ayj67
08-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I used water/soap and rinse and wipe. Then, I use rubbing alcohol to wipe again.

I don't think you can ruin the Lipo mixture (unless you put buffered vitamins in it). The buffered grind up things will all popped up and out.

Remember to dry grind your lecithin powder first.

When you clean it out, just make sure there is no big seams at the ultrasound machine, the water seeps in will kill the machine. Mine actually has a gasket like seam, so I thing my machine is ok.

ayj67
08-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Status update on my Liposomal C/adrenal recovery project.

I just kind of stop taking Lipo C around end of June (general craziness at work and I was out of town for work for many days) even I have the Mercola's capsules on hand to fill the void on a pinch, I just don't feel popping the capsules.

Anyway, my adrenal was working fine. I went to a few big meeting at work and picked up some germs. My body was able to fight it off beautifully (when my husband is still hacking cough after 3 weeks from my 6 year's cold/flu), I was just a little tired for 2 days (without Oil of Oregano or Lipo C).

Yesterday, I started taking time off from work, I had half of a bottle of champagne at dinner time. I did not have that much a buzz or any hangover this morning. Yes, I am sure my liver and adrenal is greatly improved from the 8 months' of Lipo C.

I will start up again in the Fall. I will haul another 10-20 lbs of ingredients to HK for my mom, sisters, nieces and nephews.

My 17 year old niece got rid of her chronic allergy (since childhood) with Lipo C.

I can't express enough gratitude to Teresa Tapp, Jane Babcock and Sue.

just7
08-12-2013, 09:59 AM
LOVE this testimony, Ayj!!

Lisa A
08-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Awesome testimony, ayj!

BlessedMama
08-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Just finally got mine mixed up again! NO quart jars--what DID they do with them?! LOL! I know we have 100s--probably all full of goat milk! Time to make cheese, too!

I improvised with some plastic quart containers--not optimal but I need my Lipo C!

ayj67
08-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Well, that hacking cough my DH has (I had 2 day of a little more tired), it is turning into bronchitis.

Since he announced one that whatever I was making at the ultrasound, he did not want it, so I did not bother to make a batch. I did produce the bottle of emergency Mercola Lipo C capsule, hoping he would take some capsules from a bottle looks like pharma drugs, he didn't take it.

Well, he is stubborn, so he can continue to cough and get pharma drug then.

He thought all illness can only be cured with antibiotics and he started taking those intended for his dental procedures (of course antibiotics is not working to stop the cough, if the cause was viral and anti-histamine, duh!).

just7
08-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Sometimes it is frustrating, Ayj, to deal with our spouses when they just won't see the "light" that we have about things! :)

green
08-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Great results ayj. Thanks for sharing that! Too bad DH isn't on board. When I get rid of the ascorbic acid mixture (yuk, but I can get it down) and start making the rose hip mixture I am going to make DH take it!!

sandsurfgirl
09-29-2013, 02:47 PM
I didn't want to make the liposomal C because I'm busy enough as it is. I ordered the LivOn brand from Amazon. However, my hubby is running out to get me a sonic jewelry cleaner and the ingredients (Sprouts has them yay!) so I can make it today. I have a nasty case of bronchitis. The antibiotics seem to have stopped the infection. No need for TMI details there. lol But the cough has become a dry, painful, hacking cough and I still can't sleep much at night. I am desperate. I'm dreading the nasty taste all of you have talked about. The Amazon reviews of LivOn said that one tastes bad too. PLEASE let this work!

sandsurfgirl
09-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Okay I made mine. It tastes bad but I downed it with a little bit of OJ and had a second cup of OJ waiting to wash it down. Didn't taste a thing really. Mine came out liquid, not thick like pudding. I used my stick blender to blend it.

I was confused about something. On one of the videos linked in this ginormous thread, the Aloha doctor guy from Hawaii only processed it for 6 minutes and did not blend. The other guy blended and then went half an hour. I did in the middle, about 15 minutes.

I took one teaspoon just to be sure I tolerate it. I did not have an empty stomach but I really didn't want to wait.

ayj67
09-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Sandsurf Girl,

Did you use rosehip or Vitamin C powder. Rosehip tastes good (in comparison to the vitamin C powder).

I am not sure what you mean by it does not blend well. The trick is use very hot water for the lecithin.

I am sure I mention use the blender to dry grind the lecithin pallet/balls into fine powder first, that take like 20 seconds. It is easily to blend 1 cup at a time for the optimal blender function if you are not using a food processor. One it is dry grounded you can just pour hot water into the blender and then blend for a mins. I don't every need to blend it for 15 mins. Once that is yellow liquid without clumps, you can put than in a jar to cool.

Then, if you use vitamin C, warm water in blender for 20-30 seconds is ok.

If you use rosehip powder, add kind of warm water. The hotter the water, the thicker it gets for rose hip, and I run it with the blender for less than 1 min. I normally just let the rosehip cool in the blender.

When I am ready to blend both, from an hours to 4 hours (whenever I remember), I will just add the lecithin (thinner) to the rosehip and run the blender again for 1 min.

I then ultrasound the blended mixtures. If you are not using ultrasound, you are done. Put it in a jar and put in the fridge.

I do not see how we need to blend for 15 mins. I counted less than 5 mins of blender all together, but there is like the waiting for the water to heat, and waiting for the solution to cool down. The waiting for the ultrasound to do its magic (if you don't untrasound, it is done much faster).

Lipo Vitamin C powder tastes horrible. I finally threw that batch away.

ayj67
09-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I put the lipo C in ultrasound for 20-30 mins, depends on the mood, just walk by and hit the button again (I have a 10 mins cycle).

sandsurfgirl
09-29-2013, 07:28 PM
No, I did not say blending for 15 minutes. I think you read my post too fast. LOL

There were two instructional video tapes that people put links to in this thread.

One of them was a Hawaiian chiropractor and the other was an older white guy.
The Hawaiian guy did NOT blend his at all and only put it in the jewelry cleaner for 6 minutes.
The other guy DID blend his and then put it in the jewelry cleaner for 30 minutes.

So the instructional videos were totally different from each other. Not sure which one to follow.

I blended mine briefly with my stick blender because I was too lazy to get out the Vitamix. Then I put it in the jewelry cleaner for 15 minutes.

sandsurfgirl
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
I wasn't able to get rose hips powder at the store and I do not want to wait because I am so sick.

ayj67
09-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Oh, you will only get pudding or smoothie consistency with rosehip powder.

Yes, if you are sick, just do it with anything.

Take the vitamix out when you have more energy, it is easier to dry grind the lecithin before mixing in hot water. It is a much faster process with better dissolved lecithin solution.

When I watched the videos, I laughed, as those two guys obviously do not use the blender for another reasons. The way they mix things was like in a lab.

I used to grind up rolled oat to make baby oatmeal for my son. I also used grind up rolled oat (do it at home) for muffins instead of buying oat flour.

sandsurfgirl
09-29-2013, 08:56 PM
I don't know if I'm imagining this but I am feeling better already. Still coughing but I do notice some improvement and in my energy level. Bronchitis is lame!

Lisa A
09-30-2013, 02:07 PM
sandsurfgirl, I usually blend mine for 3-5 minutes and then put it in the jewelry cleaner for 16-20 minutes. My jewelry cleaner has 4 minute cycles. I usually do 4 cycles to get the right consistency.

sandsurfgirl
10-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Do you stir it? That was the other thing that was different between the 2 videos. One of them stirred the whole time and one didn't stir very much at all.

Ollie
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
I usually stir when I turn the ultrasonic back on. Mine runs in 9 minute increments. But that's all.

ayj67
10-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I only stir when I go put another 10 mins on. I don't stir during the whole 20 mins (I don't even stir when I cook).

sandsurfgirl
10-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Well that makes it easier to do rather than stirring the whole time. I received my LivOn labs one from Amazon today. I took it instead of my homemade one. Everyone said it tastes bad but I drank it down so fast with OJ I tasted nothing.

Is there any danger of making the body too acidic with lipo C? I ordered Linus Pauling's book on C but it hasn't come yet. I guess I feel a bit nervous adding a new supplement.

ayj67
10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
There is only risks for not drinking enough water when you are sick. If you get sick, the sore throat and dry nostrils will make you drink more water automatically. Since Lipo C is so effective in getting rid of the histamine symptoms, you don't think you are being attack and do not drink enough water. That is the only risk that causes high acidity (when your body is processing the virus and you are not drink sufficient water). If you feel a minor tick at your throat, a cough for a few seconds, drink water. Lipo C can take your symptoms down to 1-2% of the original, but your body's need for water and food and rest remains.

So, don't not eat because you are not hungry, don't dehydrate yourself, don't stretch yourself out too thin, you still need to rest and relax to be healthy.

sandsurfgirl
10-02-2013, 09:21 PM
I just found some articles that vitamin C and vitamin C foods like citrus are actually alkalizing to your body. Good to know!

lis
10-03-2013, 01:37 AM
sandsurfgirl,
hope you are feeling better. Just wondering what it was like taking the LiveOn version. Did you feel any different?
I've never tried it but I read that people feel a big difference in energy after 20 mins when taking LIPOC that was encapsulated properly.
prayers and hugs!

sandsurfgirl
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Lis I did feel a difference! I've only had 3 doses and my energy has been so great. I still have a bit of cough and some laryngitis, but yesterday I was able to get a lot of things done and in the afternoon no fatigue. For me it's worth $1 a day. I haven't decided if I will continue to make it on my own or not. Probably not.

lis
10-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the answer...I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better!! I hope you have a full recovery soon!
I've been making it on my own with a blender (no US) and haven't felt any big difference.
Do you feel an energy surge after about 20 mins or did it come on gradually?

sandsurfgirl
10-04-2013, 02:39 AM
I started feeling better pretty fast. I'm not sure if it was 20 minutes, but definitely quickly. I do have more energy for sure with Lipo C. I have a rare form of adrenal insufficiency called hypoaldosteronism and hypothyroidism. I take medication for both. Because of the endocrine issues, I am not sure of how much energy I will have from day to day. I've only been taking it since the weekend, so about 5 days and I have so much energy. It's not hyper energy like if you drank a bunch of coffee or energy drinks. It's steady energy. Like I feel normal. I don't feel exhuasted by the afternoon like usual. Normal people can work a full day and go to the grocery store in the evening. I usually can't. But since taking Lipo C, I can do things in the evening. I'm productive.

eleyana
10-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

I've tried searching through the hundreds of pages on LipC posts to see if anyone had instructions for making it work with liquid sunflower lecithin. Couldn't find anything promising. (I can't use soy lecithin.) If anyone has successfully used it, I would love to hear! Until then, I am going to try an experiment based on some internet research and heat up my water a bit. (Also using half the amount of liquid lecithin.) Using rose hip powder this time but my little special store also carries camu camu in a larger package. May try that to see which flavor I like better. ;)

I'll post back with my results on the mixture later hopefully! If it works, I may start a new thread for liquid lecthin Lip C so it is easier to find. I know some people need to either avoid the soy or don't like the hexane solvent process used for granular lecithin.

Wish me luck or leave a tip if it already worked for you!

Thanks!

sandsurfgirl
10-05-2013, 03:01 PM
In addition to celiac disease I have a very bad soy intolerance. If I eat something with soy milk or soy flour in it, I literally feel like someone is stabbing me in the gut. The soy lecithin isn't bothering me at all. Just wanted to share that.

I hope the other lecithin works for you. Let us know how it turns out.

sandsurfgirl
10-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Well the soy lecithin wasn't bothering me at first but it is bothering me now. I have a new doctor who is an M.D. but she does a lot of natural medicine. She said no more soy lecithin because of my intolerance. I saw sunflower lecithin granules online. I'm going to Sprouts tomorrow to look for them and if they don't have it, I'll order online.

ayj67
10-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Check this out. Last year, someone asked about this, and I asked the company if the recipe for liposomal C with sunflower will change, they said no, it should be the same way as the non-gmo soy lecithin. http://www.mysunflowerlecithin.com/

They have both powder and liquid, for easiness of making it, use powder. I heard liquid is really thick and takes a long time to dissolve with water.

ayj67
10-26-2013, 03:00 AM
http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?77027-Liposomal-Vitamin-C-Make-it-at-home-cheap&p=902329#post902329

Here 1/3 of a tablespoon to 3/4 tablespoon of liquid lecithin in 1 cup of water (instead of 3 tablespoon of powder lecithin in powder).

ayj67
10-26-2013, 03:09 AM
Sandsurfgirl, the Mercola's Lipo C capsules are non-soy. I have to use quite a bit to equate to my homemade version, but it is convenient when I have to travel. I carry in my purse with in a bottle with krill oil and alfalfa for just in case I need them.

ayj67
10-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Look at Amazon, there are a few sunflower lecithin alternatives that is cheaper. Swanson's was $17 a lb (that is Amazon Prime). You can order $9.99 with Swanson at Amazon, non Amazon Prime with $5 shipping. Yes, non-prime is cheaper even with shipping cost.

Maybe you can get even cheaper somewhere else.

sandsurfgirl
10-27-2013, 11:25 PM
I didn't know Mercola's were non soy. I will check them out. I ordered sunflower lecithin on amazon and it's on the way. Yippee! Right now I'm just taking the ascorbic acid in juice and it's fine but I think liposomal will be far better.

eleyana
10-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes, the sunflower liquid takes a long time to dissolve even with heated water. It breaks up in the blender though. Did I read you saw powdered sunflower lecithin on amazon? I'll have to go look! That would be easier for sure. I will try again with the liquid but use more than half this time as there was not enough emulsification going on with the half measure.

farmmom
11-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Ok I have read this an every other thread I can taking notes. SO many have tried different things now I am confused. SO this is what I get from all this
3T lecithin granules in warm water till disolved
1T rose hips in water till disolved
MIX IN BLENDER
then put into jewelery cleaner

I would like to use sunflower lecithin instead of soy any thoughts on the taste difference??
How long after using the jewelery cleaner before I can start taking it??

also how are we to be sure we did it right?
I want to order my stuff but just so confused.
thanks
amy

ayj67
11-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Please go back to Post#1, all you need is on Post#1. You can take it as soon as it is done with the ultrasound cycle. 1 -2 tablespoon a day with empty stomach.

1. 3 tbsp of lecithin granulates and dissolves it in 1 cup of very very warm purified good water,
2. 1 tbsp of Absorbic Acid or 2 Tabespoon of Rosehip powder in half a cup of warm purified water.
3. When the two solution is dissolved individually (a few hours or let them sit at the fridge for days), put them in a blender to mix them well.
4. Then, put the blended solution in an ultrasound jewelry cleaner for 4-7 cycles. (8 mins to 30 mins)

armygirl
11-03-2014, 10:29 PM
I need to read this whole thread...when I get an extra week..LOL. So much good information!

Galadraal
11-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Michelle -- I am writing my life story right now, I might as well make myself a heroine.

You ARE a heroine! I sat next to you at the retreat and you are a survivor and an AWESOME lady! Most importantly, you are strong and capable and to me, those things make you a hero in my book :D

farmmom
11-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Well I am one happy girl. I made mine today and it turned out great. I did the test as well using the baking soda and apparently I missed my calling I should have been a chemist. lol I had no bubbles on top so I am so excited also I liked the taste of it. In some weird way I want to keep drinking it. What are some good results some of you have had and how much are you taking.

Blessings
amy

Galadraal
11-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Well I am one happy girl. I made mine today and it turned out great. I did the test as well using the baking soda and apparently I missed my calling I should have been a chemist. lol I had no bubbles on top so I am so excited also I liked the taste of it. In some weird way I want to keep drinking it. What are some good results some of you have had and how much are you taking.

Blessings
amy

Baking soda? I don't remember reading that part . . . though it was quite awhile ago I worked my way through this topic :-) I have the components sitting in the fridge for awhile now; I just haven't gotten the texture/ consistancy correct. It's not as nice and thick as when I've had it at the retreat and it often ends up separating in the fridge. When and how much baking soda do you add?

Blessings, Joy and Abundance,
Joanne

ayj67
11-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Baking soda is not one of the ingredient, it was just a game to test what is the vitamin encapsulation in your final product. You only need to play it once to find out if you are a good chemist!!!

It is the long thread somewhere.

ayj67
11-23-2014, 11:44 PM
OK, post 216 has the test... You can just read the posted with around that time and afterward of 20-40 posts. http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?77027-Liposomal-Vitamin-C-Make-it-at-home-cheap&p=904302#post904302

Testing is not necessary unless you really are OCD or have a lot of time... Lipo C with baking soda tastes horrible, FYI. You can drink it for not being wasteful, but I would not drink that I again and I will try that experiment as used.