PDA

View Full Version : What Is The TTapp Stance On This?

MiPaloma
11-15-2010, 04:09 PM
and I ain't talkin' neurokenetic, either! LOL

I mentioned in a previous thread [here: http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?69977-Ok.-This-Is-New-.-.-.] that I'd managed to "pull a muscle" - or, at least that's the best way to describe the feeling I've got. Not accustomed to having any, or at least very little muscle soreness with this program! (For the record, I'm at 95%, with mag oil rubs and rest over the past two days.)

So, what is the official TTapp position on healing an overworked or injured muscle?

Light stretching, such as PBS? Moving the muscle group? or, total rest, no exercise at all until pain free?

Educate me. :)

Callicrowe
11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
From all I've gathered here, it depends on the kind of injury. Some things, like the shoulder problems I've had, are made worse by not using the muscle.... it'll freeze up if not exercised. Pain is a good guide to "how much"... but I did once make the mistake of thinking that not using it would make it heal faster. NOT TRUE! I ended up with weeks of rehab for 'frozen shoulder". However, on the other hand, there are some injuries that will be made worse by continued exercise. Figure out what you're dealing with first. All pain is not created equal.

I'm sure you'll get better advise from someone more qualified. This has just been what I've gleaned from the forums, and my own experience.

Lisa A
11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I'd call the T-Tapp office and talk to them. They can get more info from you and determine what would be the best thing. I hurt my back a few months ago (not from T-Tapp) and Casey advised me to just do PBS for a week or so. She said if I did that I wouldn't lose any of the muscle that I've gained with T-Tapp. She was right and after that I was able to gradually work back into things.

MiPaloma
11-15-2010, 07:56 PM
From all I've gathered here, it depends on the kind of injury. Some things, like the shoulder problems I've had, are made worse by not using the muscle.... it'll freeze up if not exercised. Pain is a good guide to "how much"... but I did once make the mistake of thinking that not using it would make it heal faster. NOT TRUE! I ended up with weeks of rehab for 'frozen shoulder". However, on the other hand, there are some injuries that will be made worse by continued exercise. Figure out what you're dealing with first. All pain is not created equal.

I'm sure you'll get better advise from someone more qualified. This has just been what I've gleaned from the forums, and my own experience.

:eek: on the frozen shoulder!! Yes, I've always taken injuries on a case by case basis . . . thought that it might be worthy of a query, given the comprehensive nature of this program . . . :)

MiPaloma
11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
I'd call the T-Tapp office and talk to them. They can get more info from you and determine what would be the best thing. I hurt my back a few months ago (not from T-Tapp) and Casey advised me to just do PBS for a week or so. She said if I did that I wouldn't lose any of the muscle that I've gained with T-Tapp. She was right and after that I was able to gradually work back into things.

Had not even crossed my mind, Lisa! :light bulb: I will see how things are in the morning . . . and take it from there. :) After all, offices are closed by now. :)

Callicrowe
11-15-2010, 08:04 PM
It is a great question, and a good one to put here on the forum where many people will see it and benefit from the answers.

It's my hope that T-Tapp will help me be less prone to injuries like pulled or strained muscles. I've had my share in the past few months, mostly before T-Tapp. So far I think it will do just what I was hoping... the exercises have built-in protection when done correctly. I suspect that when I do get an injury (like my shoulder) it's due to my lack of discernment about what constitutes "overdoing" it.

Lori French
11-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Had not even crossed my mind, Lisa! :light bulb: I will see how things are in the morning . . . and take it from there. :) After all, offices are closed by now. :)

Nope, the offices are open until 10 Eastern time.
Plenty of time to talk to one of the girls, get some thoughts and ideas, maybe even chit chat with Teresa!
But, i do hope you'll feel much better by morning!

thepurplepoodle
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Angi - Hope you feel better soon!