PDA

View Full Version : Oilpulling Questions, & Hypothyroid

natrfrk
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Can oilpulling affect teeth negatively?

I was oilpulling for about 6 weeks, 2-3 times a day, for 20 minutes. I felt great, until I noticed my teeth were "melting". The tips got really white a few weeks before but everyone was talking about how white oilpulling made their teeth, I just assumed that was what was happening. But then I noticed those tips looked like they were getting holey. Then I read online that white spots on teeth means weakness. So I quit oilpulling.

Since quitting, my teeth have begun to rebuild their enamel, with the help of some homeopathic remedy, (doctor prescribed). I was afraid to admit the oilpulling to the doctor. But I really want to start doing it again, because I felt so much better doing it.

The doctor is testing me now for hypothyroid. I have TONS of symptoms. One is swelling in my neck glands, not always near the thyroid area though. Anyway, when I was oil pulling, the swellings went away. And I had darker pronounced veins that weren't quite varicosed, but with oil pulling, they almost completely disappeared. Also, when oilpulling, the bags under my eyes disappeared and the puffiness in my face was nonexistant.

I have amalgam fillings and the only explanation I can come up with, is that the oilpulling was pulling out the metals and then when I stopped, my body was bambarded with the metals that the pulling was pulling. Or perhaps the pulling removed some nutients and caused a deficiency.

So, does that make sense? Could the oilpulling have caused the teeth to "melt"? Could the oil pulling cause deficiencies by pulling out good stuff along with the bad stuff, thus causing my teeth to demineralize? Or could hypothyroid "melt" the teeth?

The doctor wasn't clear to me if the thyroid could have caused the teeth issue. He just asked me what the dentist said. I haven't been yet about this. And like I said, I was afraid to tell him I was doing oilpulling. But the last time I did go to the dentist, my teeth were fine. That was 6 months ago. I have a biological dentist and he tells me that amalgam fillings can cause the thyroid disease. Is that true?

One last question. I don't know yet for sure that I have hypothyroid. I've suspected having it for years, but couldn't get the doctors to believe me and I gave up the idea and stopped fighting it. But now, it was the doctor's idea (different doctor) and he is fairly certain, but he's waiting on the tests. Can Oilpulling aggravate hypothyroid?

BTW, I know my name is new here, but I am not new to ttapp. It has just been a couple years since I ever posted and I don't remember my old info.

Thanks.

gillmings
03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Wow! That's a lot of questions, and I understand your confusion. I'm not sure what to say, but I can't see how the oil-pulling would cause that. If the doctor would prescribe a homeopathic remedy, I can't imagine him having a problem with oil-pulling. Besides, we're just talking about vegetable oil!

Other than that, heavy metals ARE supposed to be harmful to the thyroid gland, among other things. But it sounds as if you were experiencing many benefits from OP, so maybe you should just check things out with the dentist and get his take on it. My guess is the OP has nothing to do with the "melting", and you've got so many other things going on at once, it's going to be hard to sort out what's causal and what's concurrent, but I really think you should check with the dentist. (And if you're really worried about explaining the OP, print out one of the articles linked on the OP thread.) AND, the tooth "melting" thing could have been happening before, but you weren't paying as much attention until you were looking for OP results.

Good luck!

-Moyne

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

gr8fisch
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
i've been reading a little at a time about acidity... recently started using ph Basic enzymes by Enzymedica, to deal with an external inflammation, that imho, is a mirror of an internal one that i'm not aware of... been o-p-ing for 33 days... (over a 5 week period) & noticed that one of my front teeth, a partial filling, like acrylic for a chip, is edged now, & i don't remember biting into anything... i'm thinking the op is pulling out/up/through the over-acid that is the source, according to all the older hygienists (Dr. Shelton, Dr. Bass) of illness. Dr. Robert Young has more info than one can take in... his premise also is acidity sets up the imbalances that look like - hypothyroidism, allergies, etc.

perhaps upping the alfalfa, using some enzymes that jumpstart the body without enervating it, little to no fruit juice unless lemons & grapefruits, or diluted, might be an idea.

keep movin'..the path shows up behind you...

natrfrk
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks Moyne :) .

gr8fisch- you wrote, " i'm thinking the op is pulling out/up/through the over-acid that is the source," What do you mean? I'm not sure I understand.

I'm not sure about ph balance, but my saliva reading is usually around 6.8 But when my teeth started demineralizing, it was 6.0 .

I have since started taking ACV with baking soda and water every morning. I heard that's supposed to help with balancing ph. And I take baths with epsom salt and baking soda, becaue I heard that can pull acids out.

So I could be over acid, and that could mimmick hypothyroid? What if my test results come back that it is underactive? Could over acid still be the root cause?

I ordered a bunch of supplemental stuff today, alfalfa, chlorella, etc... Also will be starting Juice + as soon as it arrives.

What kind of enzymes do you suggest?

gillmings
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Hmmm, Dr Young is kind of the "king" of everything pH and he is totally against using vinegar. (He even says to avoid buying products containing vinegar.) How has your pH changed since starting the ACV/baking soda routine? I would think the ACV would balance out the soda for a zero effect, but I'm not an expert by any means.

-Moyne

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

natrfrk
03-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, it was 6.0 BEFORE I started drinking the ACV, now it is 6.8 . I haven't made any other changes. Except I did eat no sweets for almost 2 weeks, but I do now and my ph is maintaining.

The baking soda is supposed to reduce the acid in the vinegar so it doesn't damage the teeth. That's what I read anyway, at earthclinic.com

The doctor's office had the wrong address so I didn't receive my test results. But they told me to call back after their lunch and I can get my results over the phone. So, I will be getting those soon.

natrfrk
03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
I got my test results back. I'll post them in a new post.

gr8fisch
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
hi - the earth clinic site mentioned that oil pulling works in balancing the acidity in the body. hypothyroidism is an effect of high acid. but it may also be a case of imbalances in the whole body's metabolism. i went to the Enzymedica site & there is pdf file you can download to find out your main enzyme(s) deficiency(s) based on the weakest & strongest endocrine load & body type. It's not blood type here, but body type, http://unjobs.org/authors/sandra-cabot. check out dr. cabot's info. she's got a better perspective on body shape than the male dr. abravanel's approach which is cited on the pdf file.

keep movin'..the path shows up behind you...